Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JAZZstanbul / 1st Album on BandCamp

edited June 2019 in Creations

First of several totally iOS produced albums. Featuring Ravenscroft 275, BeatHawk, iSymphonic, iFretless Bass, SM1, SMP, SoftDrummer, Sensual Sax, ThumbJam and Kauldron. The download is free. Thank you for listening!

1.Dminor Fluxation 8:17
2.Boplicity 3:17
3.One For Willie 4:27
4.Blasted Blue 5:20
5.One For Bird 3:02
6.True Breeze 5:38
7.’Laura 4:02
8.’Round 3AM 3:10
Total:37:25

https://michaelalevy.bandcamp.com/album/jazzstanbul

Comments

• Some sounds a little bit too...ios...but others are truly beautiful. Thankful for sharing this!

• Nice job Mike. If I didn't know better I'd think you're snorting adderall. It took you how many years to make 5 physical "albums"? (Google might expose the answer for the Google-gifted).

I'm betting you can make 5 albums with IOS in 1/10th of the time assuming you stay motivated.

I like the "choose your own" price approach. I'll do what I did with @waynerowand's album... download the highest quality files and put them on my phone to use for walking. Wayne was in my rotation this morning for my 10,000 steps on the beach. Your stuff was in there too when I shifted to SoundCloud streaming. I hope when I'm your age I still have a fraction of your drive to create. It won't be too long to
    find out.

Happy Birthday in advance of your July 2nd event.

For your birthday I'll drop some chump change on your BandCamp account so you can buy BlueMangoo's EQ. Does living in Turkey make you buy iTunes Apps in Turkish Lira? If so, I'll have to adjust.

• edited June 2019

Thanks, @McD. Glad the fake saxes didn’t scare you away. Well, a year to make what should be seven albums. Two jazz, one synth, one modern classical, one EP for @Daveypoo, one piano, and one contemporary. It is a bit strange. If you told me I had to create a hundred tracks in twelve months or die, I would have chosen the latter. It just happened. And I am an improviser, not a composer. That is what made it possible.
    And thank you for the birfday wishes. 71.

• Oooh - I get my own EP?!?! Excellent!

Hey.... Wait a second... Only an EP? I think I'm getting the short end of the stick here...

😇

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    And thank you for the birfday wishes. 71.

Can you make a list of the brain functions you have lost so I can plan accordingly?
    Can you still say the alphabet backwards? Multiply 2 4-digit numbers in your head and computer the square root? Transpose standard scales into their negative harmony equivalents?

You know the basic brain stuff.

Solve Sudokus after scanning the puzzle while on a walk and then come home and fill in the squares. What's a sudoku? It's like numeric scrabble invented by the Japanese where are the answers add to 45. Ask a child.

I can't imagine being 71. I wonder if I could a few years ago. You just don't know what you've lost til it's gone and maybe not even then. I think I forgot how to speak french.
    When I hear it I get a tingle. That means something right? You spoke Klingon in your 40's as I recall. Anything left of that?

You do have a remarkable brain and attitude for the walking cadaver (that's a big show on the TV). The young hit them with sharp implements to make them stop with the walking (and biting).

Do you bite?

I should have started there. Hard to talk to the elderly. I hope a moderator doesn't tell me to stop offending you... hey wait. You ARE a moderator.

(Should someone tell him about the spelling issue with birthday? Probably best to just let him ramble on).

• Finally! Looking forward to giving it a listen. ;)

• @McD ...I not only bite, I megabite. I am glad my dotage provides fodder for your febrile and fecund sense of humor.

Thank you @LucidMusicInc ..."Finally!" ...that is rather funny. Six more finallies to come in short order. Hey... "Finally"... "Finale" could it be you are prophetic?

• "febrile" pertaining to or marked by fever; feverish.
    "fecund" fruitful in offspring or vegetation.

If I give you the Letter can you make me some alliterations? I need to test the DeEsser from Fab Filter. "She sells sea shells by the seashore", shit but without copyright concerns. Who wrote that chestnut anyway?

Plus you'll think of S words that I'll have to Google. Makes me look smart in a wordcraft.
    If you want a piece of the song... forget I asked. Never give away song rights without an exchange of cash. This lessons has helped me control my songbook for over 50 years and I haven't had to share a dime with anyone. I have't made that first dime yet but when I do. Payday.

What is this thread about anyway? Me?

Oh. It's the Maiden Voyage release from "Lineman for the County" records, right? A Turkish outfit.

I listened. Doesn't sound Turkish at all. I was hoping for more Halay, Horon and Zeybeck grooves with excellent Zuma leads. This doesn't belong in the World Jazz bin.

• I think it was Mrs. Paul who wrote that salacious salutation for salubrious singles. The old girl was a pro, after all... selling seashells.... could it be any more transparent? I live in Istanbul, Istanbul does not live in me. Enough of your ney saying, my friend.

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

"salacious salutation for salubrious singles" is pure gold. I'll give you liner credits. I've got my hook. Rolls off the tongue. Still... testing the "sh" needs to be in the mix. Can you craft an "sh" line?

(I'm just trying to create controversy around your music so people will fact check me.)

• @McD ... Shamefull Shagging for Seven Shekels... have a fish stick.

• I'll use "Shameful shagging for shelves of shekels." Sex sells. Cool beans. Top job.

I'll slip "seven" into the repeat of the verse with "salacious salutation(s) for salubrious singles". Johnny Mercer is smiling down on you: For your lines and lyrics.

• @McD I thought “seven” was a good equivalent for “sells”. Why try to improve upon perfection? Now go lambaste me on the “My Love Supreme” thread, please.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @McD I thought “seven” was a good equivalent for “sells”. Why try to improve upon perfection? Now go lambaste me on the “My Love Supreme” thread, please.

Oh. These words mean something. Duh. I'll stock with your sounds and meanings then.
    You will understand the meaning and the kids will think I switch to another language like
    they use at Princeton to teach economics. There will be "Smart" talk and "Be Best Speakers" in the future. Except "Smart" will just mean well educated in the liberal arts and not someone Google will hire for $100,000 to start. In other words: Orthogonal to outcomes.

• edited June 2019

Listening now, great opening. Very inspiring to hear all these IOS instruments played with so much skill and creativity.

Special sauce tip: RX950 combined Klevgrand’s ReAmp can add a sufficient amount of dirt and warmth to give more illusion of an analogue recording of real instruments.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

RX950 combined Klevgrand’s ReAmp can add a sufficient amount of dirt and warmth to give more illusion of an analogue recording of real instruments.

I have been waiting for someone to explain when I might use RX950. When I saw "Lo-Fi" I tuned out but warm dirt is my jam. I added FuzzPlus3 into a very clean sounding guitar rig and I liked the touch of grime: like a ""Dirt" knob. A "Temp" gauge would come in handy with 98.6 degrees as the crossover from Green to Red.

• @McD said:

@LucidMusicInc said:

RX950 combined Klevgrand’s ReAmp can add a sufficient amount of dirt and warmth to give more illusion of an analogue recording of real instruments.

I have been waiting for someone to explain when I might use RX950. When I saw "Lo-Fi" I tuned out but warm dirt is my jam. I added FuzzPlus3 into a very clean sounding guitar rig and I liked the touch of grime: like a ""Dirt" knob. A "Temp" gauge would come in handy with 98.6 degrees as the crossover from Green to Red.

Yeah it’s like a saturator, but crusher, and filter rolled into one. I usually put it on the beginning of my FX chain followed by EQ and compression. ReAmp at the end for more hiss and boom, the pro tape reel preset hits the sweet spot for me :D

• Thank you very much @LucidMusicInc. I will certainly look into what you suggest and may ask you for more detailed advice on it. For example... what is RX950?

• It's a $2 AUv3/IAA App the developer describes this way:

Meet the RX950 Classic AD/DA Converter, our first effect plug-in, designed to perfectly mimic the whole AD/DA conversion process of the Akai S950 (a hardware sampler introduced in 1987) in order to give your music this vintage, warm and crunchy sound with the ease & flexibility of a VST.

It maxed out at 12-bits so this app uses math to push our 16-32 bit audio into a 12-bit
    bag. Lots of sonic "distortions" (i.e. extra frequencies and maybe some get lost) are the result and some people loved that hardware and want the App.

For $2, I need to see what it does in series with the Fab Filter apps handing the overall polish of the channel. This will be like adding an extra bit of vintage, warm, crunch effect.

Initially, I thought why would I ever want 12-bits of resolution. But I'm learning one lesson at a time.

Of course, pushed hard this app can make signals get an industrial, metal, or thrashing tone too. Probably a big hit to fix Electronic Drum apps that sound too beepy. @stormbeats probably can expand on these use cases.

• edited June 2019

I've found that I can get a very similar effect like RX950 using a simple BitCrusher and SampleRate reducer plus a bit of EQ to emulate the antialias filter of the vintage DAC circuit.
    The difference is to only use very tiny amounts of "effect". Even Cubasis has a "Bit Reduction" effect in one of the ISP packs, should you already own it, and most other DAWs have one by default.

• @LinearLineman agree with the above comments. Ironically downgrading the fidelity actually sounds better to our ears for reasons I can't articulate (ghost notes and harmonics perhaps?), but I encourage you to experiment with it a little in your mastering chain.

• @McD hows it going. As @rs2000 & @LucidMusicInc mentioned I prefer the Electrogene Bitcrusher though the Rx950 is ok ish. I own a real akai s950 12bit sampler (as seen in my profile pic) and to my ears the Rx950 is close but still has a plastic (ish) sound to my hearing though it is good at saturation. The thing about these emulations is you still are creating sound within a DAW set usually at 24bit plus. Saying that though experiment with EQ etc with any emulation. All about balance mixing. Cool