Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Novation Launchkey Mini

Anyone having one of these ?
I plan to buy one. I've read that they have cheap build.
I don't plan to use it outside my studio So I dont care.

What I care about is the pads sensitivity and the knobs resolution.

Comments

• I have got, as a beginner I am happy with it. Quality build is parallel to the price so no complain at all.

• I got it in my lunch break.
    I like it. Will post more after I get home. The Velocity sensitive pads are better than the ones from Arturia MiniLab.

• How is going to be your main use? Which apps? I am enjoining the Novation apps....and Animoog, never tried with Sunrizer.

• I have lots of syntsh. All the big names.
    I plan to map controls for all my synths, but on different channels (because you can easily flip channels on the Launchkey). And use the pads to trigger REC in Loopy and drums in Electrify NXT.

• Verdict: totally worth the purchase. Feels cheap because of the light plastic, but its not. And the knobs, although small are usable with my big hands.

What I don't like or don't seem to find is how to edit those damn midi notes on the pads. I don't know why the heck they're not consecutive octaves.

I like that it has a phone cable instead of those big clunky usb cables.

Velocity response is on for what it is. People get scared about small keys but I tell you: I have big hands and I love them. I can make 7th chords a breeze. House music ftw :))

• I am curious what the pads can be used for when not using the Launchpad app. So far I cant find any setting to program the pads for other use. Does it send midi note on commands on midichannel 10?

• @AntonHoutriet - You should be able to use MidiMonitor (free) and see what each pad is sending. looking at some of the Documents ( http://global.novationmusic.com/support/product-downloads?product=Launchkey+Mini ), it looks like the pads and knobs have predefined settings. But there are multiple choices by using the "in-control" button.

• You can't edit the CCs and notes. There's no editor. In Control doesn't work on the iPad. Just on the Mac.

In Nanostudio, if you transpose +12 on the pad sampler, you can use the Launchkey's pads easily. And the velocity response is ok-ish. Compared to Arturia Minilab (which is crap IMHO – I've sold it) the Launchkey mini is nice!

• edited February 2014

@alexbuga said:

You can't edit the CCs and notes. There's no editor. In Control doesn't work on the iPad. Just on the Mac.

In Nanostudio, if you transpose +12 on the pad sampler, you can use the Launchkey's pads easily. And the velocity response is ok-ish. Compared to Arturia Minilab (which is crap IMHO – I've sold it) the Launchkey mini is nice!

Same opinion on minilab, nice on paper but downhill from there. I thought of getting launchkey, even tried it in store but not sure if I can justify replacing my mpk 25 mini (absolute workhorse). But Novation, proprietary usb socket?! May as well wait for mpk mini version 2 coming out soon. Possibly one advantage of launchkey over akai is that it has more midi channels against only 4 on mpk. I also just sold maudio axiom air 32. Nice to have more keys but was unreliable connecting with ipad and switching midi channel was overly complicated.

• Actually it's awesome they included a Micro USB in there. It's not proprietary. Works with my Android cable, and it's nice because the USB cable is much more thinner and lighther.

Yeah... changing midi channels on the fly is a bliss.

The touch ribbons on the Arturia were crap also !

• @alexbuga yeah didn't realize it was the android connector. Still a bit silly to me. I have about 10 standard usb cables of various length lying around. Also mini usb is a solid performer.