Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Piano Genius and The Lobster

This is it. It is long. You must read it. Then again, it may not interest you at all. Excerpt....

ERROL MORRIS But there’s one set of passages in the Op. 111 that people don’t really write about. Maybe I wanted to write about it. There’s stuff in Beethoven that fascinates me. It’s actually in Ligeti as well, because it seems to flirt with the idea of the player almost as a machine. And the more machine-like it becomes, oddly enough, the more profound it becomes. I’m not really saying this well at all. It’s the last movement. It’s always described as celestial, because it’s just these repeated figurations.

But! This is not what it is about at all! It is about will. Will and trust. But more... it is about frailty and strength. The particular human predicament...

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/06/21/opinion/editorials/errol-morris-lobster-sviatoslav-richter.html

Comments

• Richter was a monster on the piano. I loved his reply when one asked how he practiced. “I start at the first page and work my way through to the end”.