Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New FabFilter apps

Comments

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

I think Fab Filters EQ code is the key to their success. Every App in the bundle seems to have an EQ
    underlying the overlying feature. You can EQ the Reverb with extracting precision inside the Reverb App.
    Can you hear it distinctly from the other reverbs on your iPad in an A/B test? Maybe not. Probably true of
    the 30 Synths I own. But the usability of SpaceCraft or the fine points of Obsidian really matter to make music.

FF's EQ and GUI's are worth a lot to me and at $18.57 each in the bundle I picked them all up. $40 for the Reverb is a downpayment on getting it for $18.57.

I find the ability to carefully consider Spectrum (EQ bands) make Pro-MB very useful for dialing in a sound
    for a track or instrument.

Having all 8 FF Apps in an AUM channel and popping them in and out to tweak something to perfection
    is amazing. I also have Magic Death Eye, Brusfri, RX950, ReAmp and Fiddlicator handy for extra coloring
    and distortion. If CPU becomes an issue I kill the unneeded FX.

I didn't think I'd use these apps but the GUI's provide the ability to sculpt sound in realtime like starting an Arp and fiddling with a synths knobs. But there are almost no knobs here: Just movable "dots".

It's always about what you can hear mitigated by our ability to figure out the Apps. What I hear competes and the ability to figure out the apps is unparalleled for me. It's like drawing sound when you move the dots and reshape an EQ curve for the Reverb. Then the display shows the input spectrum and the output spectrum in the Compressor for example. How cool is that? With Mutl-Band you get to compress and expand by frequency range. How cool is that? Does it make my music listenable or Pro quality? Maybe not.
    But it makes my learning curve easier and the ability to hear subtle adjustments better.

Anyway.Maybe this is just my defense of spending more money on a bundle than any purchase ever. I like to convince myself that the expensive stuff really is better. It was working.

In a few years I'll be ready to Master audio and fix anything I don't like. I've started listening to everything thinking what would I change and how? Annoying "S's" in a PodCast? Harsh Sax samples? Apps I don't like can be fixed now with these and other FX tools. Cheap hardware can be made to sound so much better.

Anyway... I need to learn NS 2 to get those 30-40 sample based instruments working for me. With better ears I'll probably make better samples too. It would be nice to have 2 iPads with iConnect to avoid the D-to-A round trip so I can use SynthJacker and AUv3 FX.

Life with IOS continues to improve for low cost music production addictions.

• edited June 2019

Maximum respect to Fabfilter for updating the Pro Q2 > Q3 bundle with the following clarification.

If you’re reading this Fabfilter - thank you! :)

From FabFilter’s own description:
    NOTE: If you intend to buy the FabFilter Pro bundle as well, you should NOT buy this upgrade bundle, because the App Store will -unfortunately- not subtract the price of Pro-Q 3 from the price of the Pro Bundle if you bought it via this upgrade bundle.

• Just in case anyone else makes the same stupid mistake I did....

When using Pro-L2 in Cubasis on the master and wanting use it for final output levels....leave the master fader at 0 (default, double tap to set it)
    As the inserts seem to be pre-fader...if you adjust the master fader away from 0 then all your careful level metering within L2 is changed, leave the master fader at 0 and it will leave the levels alone.

• 3 Pro-R tricks

• “We'll create AUv3 versions of our creative plug-ins at some point, but not in the near future I'm afraid...”
    Floris (FabFilter) — Jul 15, 2019

From the Fabfilter forum, since I know a lot of people are interested (myself included, Saturn...)

• @White said:
    3 Pro-R tricks

Great video!

• I purchased Q2 fairly after it was released as an AUv3 (had bought Q1 & Q2 in Auria Pro well before that but we all know what’s up with that.) I don’t mind paying to get Q3 but some sort of discount would be cool.

When I go to the Q3 Bundle in the store it shows the price as $27.00. Now my reading comprehension may be off but I thought it said what you paid for Q2 would be deducted from Q3’s price, right? I don’t know if it was on sale or full price but I know I paid $20 or more for Q2. Why is the bundle only giving out a $2 discount? Am I missing something?

• @JRSIV said:
    I purchased Q2 fairly after it was released as an AUv3 (had bought Q1 & Q2 in Auria Pro well before that but we all know what’s up with that.) I don’t mind paying to get Q3 but some sort of discount would be cool.

When I go to the Q3 Bundle in the store it shows the price as $27.00. Now my reading comprehension may be off but I thought it said what you paid for Q2 would be deducted from Q3’s price, right? I don’t know if it was on sale or full price but I know I paid $20 or more for Q2. Why is the bundle only giving out a $2 discount? Am I missing something?

I can't check now as I have the full bundle but I am sure the Q3 upgrade price looked correct initially.
    Point of note...if you are aiming at owning the full bundle at some point then don't do the Q3 upgrade, advice from FF themselves...it doesn't count towards the cost of the full bundle, you are better off either buying Q3 at full price or some of the others instead.
    Of course if it's only Q3 you are interested in that won't make a difference. App store description says that the price you paid for Q2 should be deducted from price of Q3.

• edited July 2019

Not sure if this has been noted here yet, but this new FabFilter offers a significant savings. $130 for everything!

FabFilter Pro Bundle by FabFilter

Edit: I seem to have trouble putting the link to the app store. Sorry!

• https://apps.apple.com/app-bundle/id1469377147

Yep, the bundle has been available since early on... a few days after release.

• @Hmtx said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app-bundle/id1469377147

Yep, the bundle has been available since early on... a few days after release.

How did I miss that? Thanks!

• If I were to get one for now, which one is most useful? I already have q2 so I’ll wait because I want to chip away at the bundle before I get Q3. I’m also about to get the magic death eye compressor as well so I don’t know if I really need to get another compressor right away but if it’s that worth it, I will

• edited July 2019

@JackDwyerburger said:
    If I were to get one for now, which one is most useful? I already have q2 so I’ll wait because I want to chip away at the bundle before I get Q3. I’m also about to get the magic death eye compressor as well so I don’t know if I really need to get another compressor right away but if it’s that worth it, I will

If you're just starting out, you may find Pro-C gives you better value for money than the magic death eye to begin with.

Not only does the Pro-C help you learn compression with all its visual aids, it's the kind of clean compressor you can practically use on any/all tracks in your mix.

The magic death eye is lovely, but is intended more as a Fairchild-style master bus colouring compressor, than a day-to-day 'use it everywhere' workhorse.

• @tk32 said:

@JackDwyerburger said:
    If I were to get one for now, which one is most useful? I already have q2 so I’ll wait because I want to chip away at the bundle before I get Q3. I’m also about to get the magic death eye compressor as well so I don’t know if I really need to get another compressor right away but if it’s that worth it, I will

If you're just starting out, you may find Pro-C gives you better value for money than the magic death eye to begin with.

Not only does the Pro-C help you learn compression with all its visual aids, it's the kind of clean compressor you can practically use on any/all tracks in your mix.

The magic death eye is lovely, but is intended more as a Fairchild-style master bus colouring compressor, than a day-to-day 'use it everywhere' workhorse.

Yeah that sounds more up my alley. I definitely want to get into the Fairchild stuff but I’ll be better off with the basics right now so I can learn what I’m doing. I was stuck between Pro C and MB but I think I’ll just go basic with for now. Appreciate it that cleared it up for me

• just updated my ipads to the latest ipad OS Beta, and Pro Q3 now loads as an AUV3 - was crashing in all other beta to date.

• I am in doubt..

I need a good reverb, wanna buy the fabfilter one..
    Its €33...

But the whole bundle is on summer sale till september (25% off)
    There is allways room for good effects in my setup..

So what should i do, go for the whole bunddle?
    Or stick to just the reverb and buy them one by one when i need them?

• @Bachus said:
    I am in doubt..

Its €33...

Your decision.
    I'm mainly using the iPad for composition and experiments but the laptop for HQ FX and final touches, so I don't care too much.
    If you do everything on iOS then have a look at TB Reverb too, it's quite a good deal and probably one of the reasons why FabFilter have reduced the price again.

• @rs2000 said:

@Bachus said:
    I am in doubt..

Its €33...

Your decision.
    I'm mainly using the iPad for composition and experiments but the laptop for HQ FX and final touches, so I don't care too much.
    If you do everything on iOS then have a look at TB Reverb too, it's quite a good deal and probably one of the reasons why FabFilter have reduced the price again.

Well at that price, its definately something to try out...
    But i have to say, i have allways been a fan of fabfilter..

I am truning the ipad into a sound module/groovebox to use live with my keyboard rig..

• @Bachus said:

@rs2000 said:

@Bachus said:
    I am in doubt..

Its €33...

Your decision.

Well at that price, its definately something to try out...
    But i have to say, i have allways been a fan of fabfilter..

I am truning the ipad into a sound module/groovebox to use live with my keyboard rig..

FF are great but a few others are catching up. And I doubt that in a live set-up, anybody will notice a difference in reverbs. The keyboard sounds themselves make the difference.

• Whole bundle. Gave in with sale. I'm using my iPad lot more than my computer so worth it.

• I have a question: I do almost everything now on Ableton in my PC. But I want Pro-Q3 and the price is peanuts for the iOS app versus the PC version ($21.99 vs $179.99).

Is there a way for me to EQ my tracks - that I created in Abelton - on my iPad using Pro-Q3 and then send them back to my PC? Or would that require me using one of the iOS DAWs to do so?

• Looks like 25% off is their usual sale prices (desktop apps of course).. they did a one-time-only 40% off for their 15th anniversary earlier this year (also on their 10th), which did knock down the Q2 price for 2 weeks. Not sure about sales within Auria Pro. I doubt they'll go any lower, at least not for awhile.. maybe on the 20th anniversary? :D

• FWIW, I find the EQ Match feature very useful for analyzing and comparing similar instruments and mixes -- not so much because I want to precisely match another mix but because it gives a very nice visualization about the differences.

• @ipadthai said:
    I have a question: I do almost everything now on Ableton in my PC. But I want Pro-Q3 and the price is peanuts for the iOS app versus the PC version ($21.99 vs $179.99).

Is there a way for me to EQ my tracks - that I created in Abelton - on my iPad using Pro-Q3 and then send them back to my PC? Or would that require me using one of the iOS DAWs to do so?

On a similar note, is there a standalone iOS audio file editor that supports AU fx? And ideally batch processes files?

• @ipadthai Q3 runs standalone, but it is designed to be a plugin. There is no standalone selection of input/output. You'll need an iOS host (AB3, AUM etc) to select a.non-default input channel or to record audio on the iPad.

• edited August 2019

@auxmux said:

@ipadthai said:
    I have a question: I do almost everything now on Ableton in my PC. But I want Pro-Q3 and the price is peanuts for the iOS app versus the PC version ($21.99 vs $179.99).

On a similar note, is there a standalone iOS audio file editor that supports AU fx?

None that I know of, but maybe... (?)

And ideally batch processes files?

Doesn't seem to be. We are still in a world of hacks and workarounds when it comes to that.

• edited August 2019

@AudioGus said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadthai said:

On a similar note, is there a standalone iOS audio file editor that supports AU fx?

Doesn't seem to be. We are still in a world of hacks and workarounds when it comes to that.

Twisted Wave does... and in Ferrite you can even automate the au’s ... i think there are others too..

..but batch processing I haven’t found yet...

• @RockySmalls said:

@AudioGus said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadthai said:

Twisted Wave does... and in Ferrite you can even automate the au’s ... i think there are others too..

The best hack tool for this I have found for this is BM3 using banks/pads/slicer etc.

• @AudioGus said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AudioGus said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadthai said:

The best hack tool for this I have found for this is BM3 using banks/pads/slicer etc.

Go on...

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@AudioGus said:

@RockySmalls said:

@AudioGus said:

@auxmux said:

@ipadthai said:

Go on...

recording, slice to pads...

notes...

Export...