Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Comments

• Holy cow!

• @mjcouche said:
    Holy cow!

Holy $$$!!

• edited June 2019

BOOM!
    Too bad my wallet can not afford right now
    Hopefully some bundles will appear!
    No Saturn yet...
    Kinda bummed I bought Pro-Q2 AU not that long ago now 3 is here.

• Wow, these came out of the blue. I may study the Reverb Plug... sounds good ;)
    I really thought they may bring the Q3 as a sort of update, Bundle whatever to give people who bought the Q2 a nice treat

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    BOOM!
    Too bad my wallet can not afford right now
    Hopefully some bundles will appear!
    No Saturn yet...
    Kinda bummed I bought Pro-Q2 AU not that long ago now 3 is here.

No need to be bummed. If Q2 was great then, it still is now. Glad that I could help. 😉

• McDMcD
    edited June 2019

Finally. They are all in... I have Q2 so I need to request adviice on a purchase ranking with the caveat that I like apps for real-time playing and not so much for Mastering detail work. I want to hear magic.

DDMF got my money for Magic Death Eye and it’s worth the $25 compared to all my other compressors for tube sounding goodness. I like to add sn FX and the source sounds more “real” or present.

• The presumption is a bit grand with the pricing.

I personally don't find the app I have from them does that much I have from them compared to all the amazing apps from the like of Magoo, Kai, Woodman, and the 4 Pockets guy.

There are inherent limits to the technology for iOS for sound quality and sonic science, so I would like to see side by side with measurements and scopes to see next to other apps how they do.

Name recognition does not guarantee quality.
    Interested yes.

• oh. oh wow.
    the whole suite for only $239.93 :D

great tools for sure, will be saving up. which one first... maybe the reverb <3

• edited June 2019

Damn and the only one i was ready to buy instantly isn't there :((( (Saturn)

• SUNNUVABITCH! It happened!!!! O_O

• edited June 2019

A big boost for the iOS music scene indeed. <3

Now... any chance of a bundle, Fabfilter? Pretty please?

• There is an upgrade bundle from Q2 to Q3 coming but can’t see it yet

• I would have considered it if they baked more stuff into a 'channel strip' like plug-in.
    (Ie. Gate/Expander, Q/Exciter/De-esser & Comp/Limiter) for $49.99.

We still have no good host with proper busses and groups with routing and who knows when Apple 'kills' the 'shared memory' for plug-ins effectively rendering the side-chain features useless.

I have no doubts it's good quality but my iPad Air 2 would likely not be able to handle too many instances.
    I'm happy with the Pro-Q2 for now and that'll have to do for now :)

• @Hmtx said:
    oh. oh wow.
    the whole suite for only $239.93 :D

great tools for sure, will be saving up. which one first... maybe the reverb <3

The reverb is super nice for a clean verb. That’s the one I want to get first too

• Pro-L has no equivalent and is the best. For all the others, I think we have good alternatives (Bleass for example)

• What are the differences between Q3 and Q2? Pro-R seems tempting

• @Carnbot said:
    There is an upgrade bundle from Q2 to Q3 coming but can’t see it yet

Freal?

• Oh Canada...

Kidney for sale!

• edited June 2019

I was hoping we might be able to generate a discount voucher inside Pro-Q2 that would give an 80% price reduction for Q3.

Alas...

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Freal?

Yeah says on the pro q3 description :)

• @dendy said:
    Damn and the only one i was ready to buy instantly isn't there :((( (Saturn)

Ditto. I was hoping to spring immediately for Saturn and Timeless. Now that the tools are here, I don't think I'm gonna spring for them again since I always finish everything in Auria. I kinda want the shiny icons, but nah. Would buy the fx ones in a second though

• edited June 2019

I really like pricing - hope it inspires also other big players (like NI) - higher prices on iOS are good thing !

• @Carnbot said:

@AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Freal?

Oh duh! Awesome, thanks!

• @jipumarino said:
    What are the differences between Q3 and Q2? Pro-R seems tempting

For me Q3 has dynamic EQ which is what I want the most. Set a threshold for when the EQ is active. I tried the demo on desktop and was very happy. It can also show masking of frequencies from other instances but even on desktop with multiple monitors I find it a bit tricky to get a good flow. But yah the dynamic EQ was very nice.

• Yeah good to see them here. My own hope is that next we get Reactor and Max on ios. Which would fit these nicely. :)

• Yes. These are the Mastering Tools and I was hoping for Saturn and something more like an FX. I’ll probably start with the Reverb because I bet it’s great. My go to’s now are AudioReverb and Adverb.

Bundles would probably capture more revenue but let’s see if there is enough Pro market to move the whole $240-270 inventory. There will be pages of (fairly deserved) grumbling. But they have a brand and most high end VST plugins seem to use a %30 pricing strategy off desktop list. DDMF has taken this path with Magic Death Eye. High quality Mastering is a niche market so there might be a price limit to reach break even for this level of attention to details.

Valhalla takes 2-3 years to create a new plug-in. I’d like to see that code find it’s Way to IOS. Uhe Synths would be nice to see.

• Looks like 2votes for Reverb so far for first buy. Any other opinions?

• edited June 2019

@McD
    Uhe Synths would be nice to see.

Recently i asked him on Twitter and he very clearly responded that currently he have no plans or will to enter iOS arena...

But i'm sute overall higher prices together with almost zero piracy can work as very good motivation for all desktop devs. Let's see...

• @AudioGus said:

@Carnbot said:

Oh duh! Awesome, thanks!

ProQ3 description says there will be a bundle, doesn’t state how much it will cost yet. Some of us got Q2 on 40% off sale, so bundle will be less of a deal... will be interesting to see how it works out.