Does anyone know of a cheapish iPad compatible audio interface with at least 8 lines in?

Looking to buy a multitrack audio interface for my iPad.

Comments

• Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 .

I had the 2i2 and it worked great with iOS

• Behringer UMC1820 is by far the cheapest for 8 inputs.

• edited June 20

@nondes said:
    Behringer UMC1820 is by far the cheapest for 8 inputs.

Nice one, yep those Behringer UMC interfaces are solid. I have the 404HD.

This UMC1820 looks like a better option than the Focusrite, just cause it has 8 XLR inputs.

• I have the behringer unit too, and I think it’s great. The first one I got had a bad transformer, but the replacement has been online for a year. Very handy.

• edited June 20

Motu 8A or 16A.

Not the cheapest, but running the best converter chips available.

• @BroCoast said:
    Motu 8A or 16A.

Not the cheapest, but running the best converter chips available.

Love my Ultralite Mk4; Works great as a standalone mixer when not pulling interface duty.

• Thanks folks. It’s much appreciated.

• edited June 21
  • TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.
    Behringer X Air 18, 18 in, 8 out, balanced.
    Have them both and they work great.
    Only 48KHz though.

• @Alfred said:
    TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.

huh, this one's new to me.. looks a bit flimsy. Any problems with noise? curious to hear how well this thing actually works as it's pretty hard to find portable interfaces with more than 2 mono inputs.

• @Alfred said:
    TC Helicon Blender, 12 in, 2 out, all stereo minijacks.

That looks ideal. Thanks.

• I ended up ordering the Behringer UMC1820. The online reviews and midi ports swung it for me. Thanks folks for your help.

• Great choice @cyberheater , wantend one but could not wait that long, then...

@palm The blender is pretty sturdy and sounds clean. Works great with audiobus.

When I have problems with humming noise it is caused by a ground loop, one charger for three iDevices wil do that. Get some groundloop isolators from Ali baba for that :smile: