Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

I think we can find a jazz guitar on ios(i fretless jazz guitar audio demo).

edited June 2019 in Creations

Not my best performance but i hope it helps.
Thanks!

Comments

• I’d love to see a video of how this came together. Is the backing guitar also iFretless or real? Really nice demo of what iFretless can do

• Thanks!
    I play on a backing track.
    Only the lead guitar is done with ifretless guitar.
    Cheers!

• That's a very convincing sound. I don't own this one (yet). I have most of the fretless series.
    I guessing you're using the Velocity Keyboard App. Without the bends these guitar presets tend to sound like EPianos. This sounds like it might be a decent sampling of a real guitar.
    Maybe the iTunes store description will disclose that detail.

@LinearLineman might like the sound of this one. He's the one that converted me to an iFretless fan starting with the Bass then the Brass and Sax.

• I only use ifretless guitar.
    No velocity keyboard in the chain.
    You can achieve great bends with this app as with each of these amazing app.
    Definitely among my faves.

• Nicely guitar-ish! The real key, I think, is the playing technique, the riffs, slides, bends, like a guitarist would do.

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    Nicely guitar-ish! The real key, I think, is the playing technique, the riffs, slides, bends, like a guitarist would do.

You're absolutely right.

• @flo26 said:
    I only use ifretless guitar.
    No velocity keyboard in the chain.
    You can achieve great bends with this app as with each of these amazing app.
    Definitely among my faves.

I forgot... (Duh) iFretless has a unique GUI to allow better string playing technique.
    I would love to map out the Apps labeled:

Ngo Minh Ngoc
    and Blue Mangoo

I suspect a re-branding is in process: "Minh Ngoc" might be pronounced "Man Go" and the extra "o" gets added to avoid the fruit Mango which means the new name is "Fruitless".
    Does anyone know the story. Blue Mangoo has shifted to making excellent MIDI and Audio FX apps from the start with "iFretless" categories of sampled instrument groups.

• @flo26 said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    Nicely guitar-ish! The real key, I think, is the playing technique, the riffs, slides, bends, like a guitarist would do.

You're absolutely right.

Yeah. Keyboard players often don't have a feel for which combinations of notes to use for double-stops or the dynamics of guitar phrasing. Care also has to be taken to make sure the bends stay within the samples' sweet spot. Guitarists tend to be sensitive to those things and recognize where the sim doesn't sound right which helps them stay in the sweet spot.

• I remember Jan Hammer mastered getting his synths to fit with the guitar and violin solos in the pioneering Mahavishnu Orchestra. He went on to score the Miami Vice theme as a solo performer... probably played everything on keyboards like we do now.

• edited June 2019

That is quite good @flo26. Thanks for doing that. I checked iFretless before I posted... what patch are you using? Hollow body electric, mayhap?

• @LinearLineman said:
    That is quite good @flo26. Thanks for doing that. I checked iFretless before I posted... what patch are you using? Hollow body electric, mayhap?

I use the hollow body one with a bit of reverb from MTdaw.

• Anyone know if iFretless will get AU treatment?

• @ion677 said:
    Anyone know if iFretless will get AU treatment?

I asked the developer about any plans making iFretless Guitar an audio unit, and he said they are working on it

• Thank you @flo26. Glad I guessed right. Will have a go with it.