Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Ampify – An introduction

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@Korakios said:
    no-one asked for new sound packs,

I did. Just more focused on sound/instrument types and not genres or flavors of hybrid genres with a range of instruments as is most of the current stuff.

Shame on you >:)

• @nonchai said:

I really hope Ampify come out with a GrooveBox Pro thing

👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁+1+1+1+1+1

• Wheels on this bus have been turning a long time, we ever gonna get to a destination? Pitch per slice in Blocs and better user sample management would be welcome. User presets in Groovebox and the above idea piping audio to separate audio channels is 👌

• @bounce said:
    Wheels on this bus have been turning a long time, we ever gonna get to a destination? Pitch per slice in Blocs and better user sample management would be welcome. User presets in Groovebox and the above idea piping audio to separate audio channels is 👌

-Groovebox getting automation
    -Groovebox getting an Ipad friendly UI that could have all parameters on screen at once. I got the fingers, 'Lets roll!'

• GROOVEBOX AUTOMATION!!!

• edited June 2019

Welcome Andrew @AmpifyxNovation

Great to see Ampify got somebody in. I’ve been bugging Matt for a long while saying your role was necessary.

Anyway, there’s multiple threads from the past 3 years here with a huge list of feature requests.

Unfortunately I fear that things will likely continue as they have for the past 2 years with no new features, just “bug-fixes” and the company line... “Yes we would really like to have that feature too!” :(

When in all honesty, you’re never gonna give us User-Presets in Groovebox. You just don’t wanna tell us this truth.

Although I will be happy if you let us know the Groovebox piano-roll is getting fixed this year, and the long-promised filing system in Blocs is being delivered in 2019. :)

• My own selfish viewpoint on the Ampify apps and them being a “walled garden”...

I am not averse to a walled garden, as long as that garden has all the flowers shrubs and herbs that I want in it.
    There are some things missing from that garden at the moment. Equally there are some things in this particular garden that are either not in other gardens or not as easy to use.
    I like being on this lawn because stuff just works and I don’t have to mess about to make it work, using launchkey with Groovebox and Launchpad with Launchpad is so easy and satisfying.

I guess the first thing to address is the walls of the garden so we can see what gateways into and out from the garden we could have....then we would be able to focus requests on things that are possible rather than those that are not.

• edited June 2019

More than anything, Groovebox needs individual midi in/out or midi import/export because the Groovebox piano roll is the worst on the App Store. Totally unusable.

Love the sounds in Groovebox but it’s just such a struggle to use in any meaningful way if you want to compose your own patterns rather than share the same handful of patterns with 10 million users.

• @AndyPlankton said:
    My own selfish viewpoint on the Ampify apps and them being a “walled garden”...

I am not averse to a walled garden, as long as that garden has all the flowers shrubs and herbs that I want in it.
    There are some things missing from that garden at the moment. Equally there are some things in this particular garden that are either not in other gardens or not as easy to use.
    I like being on this lawn because stuff just works and I don’t have to mess about to make it work, using launchkey with Groovebox and Launchpad with Launchpad is so easy and satisfying.

I guess the first thing to address is the walls of the garden so we can see what gateways into and out from the garden we could have....then we would be able to focus requests on things that are possible rather than those that are not.

To continue the gardening analogy, I feel that the drenched reverb on virtually all the presets is a little like having a walled garden where you have to painstakingly clean Monsanto Roundup fertilizer off all the plants.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    More than anything, Groovebox needs individual midi in/out or midi import/export because the Groovebox piano roll is the worst on the App Store. Totally unusable.

Love the sounds in Groovebox but it’s just such a struggle to use in any meaningful way if you want to compose your own patterns rather than share the same handful of patterns with 10 million users.

Multi channel MIDI in/out + Clock would add so much to Groovebox for my own workflow, allowing me to use patterns from Groovebox on circuit, or using the circuit sequencer with Groovebox synths would be pretty nice.

• @purpan2 said:

@AndyPlankton said:
    My own selfish viewpoint on the Ampify apps and them being a “walled garden”...

To continue the gardening analogy, I feel that the drenched reverb on virtually all the presets is a little like having a walled garden where you have to painstakingly clean Monsanto Roundup fertilizer off all the plants.

I agree with all of this.

• I agree with @AndyPlankton and @SpookyZoo there great things in the garden but the garden needs a water source for each flower aka midi for each instrument 🤣
    The piano roll is pretty unuseable as it's so zoomed in and has no additional editing features...fades for example..
    I want this thing to work, it could be the best, but right now I usually end up tinkering around for 10 minutes turn on my big boy daw.
    It does get the creative juices flowing and I love it for that but I just wish I could stay in the garden rather than taking it out side

• @Aud_iOS said:
    @AmpifyxNovation - Howdy Andrew. Can you share any of the goings-on at Ampify? I don't know the right Q to ask... but whatever you can tells us about. We always like to know what makes the world go round w/ the app teams. And it helps to keep the pitchforks and torches at bay :smiley: GL!

Yes! We are spending some time going through some background issues and putting some development time into Launchpad. These may not be big user facing feature updates, but they are necessary items for the maintenance of our apps and in providing as seamless experience as possible.

Beyond that, we are looking at the next set of issues to tackle, but I would be hesitant to get more specific than that until we have actually begun work on it. When we have a definitive choice made, I will report back here with an update for you all.

Best,
    Andrew

Thanks for the insights Andrew @AmpifyxNovation - Quick follow-up, is there an email for Q's etc., related to the LaunchKey app? I wanted to send some comments and haven't been sure if your group or elsewhere has ownership of the App - Thx!

• Welcome Andrew,

I would like to see Groovebox allowing me to send the iPad sounds from the purchased packs either to other Ampify apps or all other music apps and also to import my own sounds into it. Blocs could use some sample import file organization. If that could be done I’d be a very happy camper. Cheers! Good luck in getting her done!

• Also, maybe storing projects from all apps in iCloud so you could go back and forth between devices?? And welcome Andrew :)

• edited June 2019

@Turntablist said:
    Wait, didn't the last guy say that non user facing updates were happening in the background (in this ongoing conversation)

Here's an idea, IAA is depreciated, AU is the future, state once and for all that your software will be AU or we can all safely move on and realise they will be walled garden forever, very simple stuff really ;)

Yes, precisely that. Every backend dev is tweaking things for the new iOS launch, that is nothing new. Customer relationship aspect is becoming more and more important so it looks like they are covering that side of the business. It is marketing, really.
    As for the news most would like to hear, there seems to be nothing on the horizon apart from some tweaks in Launchpad which is a shame, to be honest. Love their apps but they really need to refresh them. Let’s be frank about it, it has been awhile.

• @zhoe said:

@Turntablist said:
    Wait, didn't the last guy say that non user facing updates were happening in the background (in this ongoing conversation)

Here's an idea, IAA is depreciated, AU is the future, state once and for all that your software will be AU or we can all safely move on and realise they will be walled garden forever, very simple stuff really ;)

Yes, precisely that. Every backend dev is tweaking things for the new iOS launch, that is nothing new. Customer relationship aspect is becoming more and more important so it looks like they are covering that side of the business. It is marketing, really.
    As for the news most would like to hear, there seems to be nothing on the horizon apart from some tweaks in Launchpad which is a shame, to be honest. Love their apps but they really need to refresh them. Let’s be frank about it, it has been awhile.

Ya it seems most "consumer / customer service" is really just a marketing ploy to get you to follow along and anticipate... I'm not convinced that there really is much costumer service left in this world.

• Also Andrew - I hope as well that you will be able to give a reply to each message directed towards you-even very briefly would do- which would be far better than nothing at all. In some/ many cases a simple ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘can’t answer’ would suffice. The last chap despite claiming to be on board completely ignored many of the points/ questions presented - despite some of them being raised several times.
    It shouldn’t take to long to keep on top of it on a day to day basis- there would be a bit of a flurry at the start perhaps caused by the excitement about your arrival here- but I’m sure it will settle down over time and I’m not aware of any other forums that would require your attention- it would hopefully also save you time by not having many similar questions directed individually to Customer Support.
    Is this your intention?

• @icsleepers said:
    Also, maybe storing projects from all apps in iCloud so you could go back and forth between devices?? And welcome Andrew :)

This please.

• @AndyPlankton, not to burst your balloon, Andy, but I think Robin Williams' robot character name in Bicentennial Man... "Andrew".

• Still waiting on global save for userpatches and sample import on drumbox

• @Aud_iOS said:

@Aud_iOS said:
    @AmpifyxNovation - Howdy Andrew. Can you share any of the goings-on at Ampify? I don't know the right Q to ask... but whatever you can tells us about. We always like to know what makes the world go round w/ the app teams. And it helps to keep the pitchforks and torches at bay :smiley: GL!

Yes! We are spending some time going through some background issues and putting some development time into Launchpad. These may not be big user facing feature updates, but they are necessary items for the maintenance of our apps and in providing as seamless experience as possible.

Beyond that, we are looking at the next set of issues to tackle, but I would be hesitant to get more specific than that until we have actually begun work on it. When we have a definitive choice made, I will report back here with an update for you all.

Best,
    Andrew

Thanks for the insights Andrew @AmpifyxNovation - Quick follow-up, is there an email for Q's etc., related to the LaunchKey app? I wanted to send some comments and haven't been sure if your group or elsewhere has ownership of the App - Thx!

@Aud_iOS You can email [email protected] (this email goes directly to me if anybody want to get in touch that way), I'll do some digging and be able to get back to you there.

@robosardine said:
    Also Andrew - I hope as well that you will be able to give a reply to each message directed towards you-even very briefly would do- which would be far better than nothing at all. In some/ many cases a simple ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘can’t answer’ would suffice. The last chap despite claiming to be on board completely ignored many of the points/ questions presented - despite some of them being raised several times.
    It shouldn’t take to long to keep on top of it on a day to day basis- there would be a bit of a flurry at the start perhaps caused by the excitement about your arrival here- but I’m sure it will settle down over time and I’m not aware of any other forums that would require your attention- it would hopefully also save you time by not having many similar questions directed individually to Customer Support.
    Is this your intention?

@robosardine I will do my absolute best to get back to the questions raised here. If something slips through the cracks, you can always follow up with me directly.

That said, it is often a difficult position to be in when it comes to responding to whether or not a feature request is going to be implemented - we weigh up a number of issues, and look at a large number of feature requests/changes (I have tracked feedback for nearly 70 so far in my time here, and there are more that our developers have had sent their way). So often the closest truthful answer is neither yes or no, but rather we're not sure at that point in time and we don't want to set you up for false expectations. So the most transparent I can be while still being honest is by letting you know what we are, for certain, working on at the moment.

• So as you haven't mentioned anything, we assume nothing is being worked on, for certain, at the moment ?

• @Turntablist said:
    So as you haven't mentioned anything, we assume nothing is being worked on, for certain, at the moment ?

No. He said earlier that they are working on the codebase and that much of that work won't necessarily be visible as features. This sounds like the sort of code re-architecture needed to make new features and moving from IAA to AU possible. Such stuff can take a lot of resources and it can be hard to predict how long it will take.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Turntablist said:
    So as you haven't mentioned anything, we assume nothing is being worked on, for certain, at the moment ?

No. He said earlier that they are working on the codebase and that much of that work won't necessarily be visible as features. This sounds like the sort of code re-architecture needed to make new features and moving from IAA to AU possible. Such stuff can take a lot of resources and it can be hard to predict how long it will take.

On top of that, he may well still be familiarising himself with the wish-list and finding out what the status of each item on that wish-list currently is.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Turntablist said:

On top of that, he may well still be familiarising himself with the wish-list and finding out what the status of each item on that wish-list currently is.

• Wish in one hand shit in the other.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Wish in one hand shit in the other.

....reminds me of that old joke.. ‘which hand do you wipe your arse with?’