Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tonality - Music Reference by Bryce Hostetler - Updated with Midi and Auv3 support

Comments

• @TonalityApp said:

Guitar/Uke chord charts (with customizable string tubings) coming soon!

Woohoo! The app that keeps giving 👍

• Pre-iOS 13 sale! Only 2.99 USD for a limited time.

• On sale at 2.99$

• edited September 2019

Guitar chart update out now!

• View chord charts for guitar, ukulele, mandolin, banjo and more
    • Left-handed options
    • Fully interactive chord charts
    • Ability to generate charts based on things like number of fingers required and fret range

See http://tonality-music-theory.webnode.com/for-guitarists/ and https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tonalityforum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8 for more.

• Finally this app supports baritone ukelele tuning! Not sure how this wasn't a feature on release... ;-)

• @walkie said:
    Finally this app supports baritone ukelele tuning! Not sure how this wasn't a feature on release... ;-)

I assume you’re the one who emailed me? :lol:

• @TonalityApp said:

@walkie said:
    Finally this app supports baritone ukelele tuning! Not sure how this wasn't a feature on release... ;-)

Haha, no it wasn't me. I just laughed when I saw that one pop up in the update description. Seriously though, the number of features you've added to this app is amazing. It's turned into the ultimate chord/scale swiss army knife.

Also you did implement the feature I requested a few updates back: being able to re-play the currently selected chord on the Circle of Fifths screen. Thanks!

• edited September 2019

@walkie said:

@TonalityApp said:

@walkie said:

Haha, no it wasn't me. I just laughed when I saw that one pop up in the update description. Seriously though, the number of features you've added to this app is amazing. It's turned into the ultimate chord/scale swiss army knife.

Also you did implement the feature I requested a few updates back: being able to re-play the currently selected chord on the Circle of Fifths screen. Thanks!

Oh okay funny story then... someone emailed me requesting it and it turned out I had all the code for a baritone ukulele in the previous release and just forgot to make the option available in settings. I thought you were joking about that :lol:

Glad you’re enjoying it! The repeated chord thing actually let me implement my favorite Easter egg so thanks!

• Hi @TonalityApp

Sorry if I’ve missed the information... but does the main App have MIDI output?

• @iamspoon said:
    Hi @TonalityApp

Sorry if I’ve missed the information... but does the main App have MIDI output?

It doesn’t but the audio units do. How would you anticipate using the main app with MIDI?

• Erm... :)

I was unsure if some of the features (like the circle of fifths, guitar voicings etc) would be accessible from the “chord pad” audio unit so I figured that I could access them via the standalone App if they weren’t.

I was also thinking I could use the chord detection and associated functions in a more integrated way in the standalone rather than a slightly more complex setup using the AU’s?

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood those aspects.

• edited September 2019

@iamspoon said:
    Erm... :)

I was unsure if some of the features (like the circle of fifths, guitar voicings etc) would be accessible from the “chord pad” audio unit so I figured that I could access them via the standalone App if they weren’t.

I was also thinking I could use the chord detection and associated functions in a more integrated way in the standalone rather than a slightly more complex setup using the AU’s?

Sorry if I’ve misunderstood those aspects.

All good points! I was just asking so I could see if what you want is currently possible. Yeah the circle of fifths and guitar voicings aren’t available in the Chord Pad AU - they’re in the main app. The chord pad au is for performance mainly. However you can still view all the chords and use MIDI input to search inside the other chord identification AU (Tonality comes with three). There’s also an entry keyboard in the main app for searching but it’s not midi compatible. Let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

• Thanks for the reply.
    I was just thinking how I could (mis)use the standalone as a performance tool really :p
    I think the AUs look really nice and functional in any case.

• @iamspoon said:
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was just thinking how I could (mis)use the standalone as a performance tool really :p
    I think the AUs look really nice and functional in any case.

Ah okay. I may add midi support to the main app at some point but for ease of use and compatibility I think the AU is usually easier due to the nightmare that is CoreMIDI

• I’m so glad i bought this app. I use is all the time while writing. and it just keeps getting better and better

• edited September 2019

Version 4.3 with reverse fretboard search out now! Sale ends tomorrow.

See a preview here: https://www.facebook.com/tonalityapp/videos/367550887501291/

• Bought. With the guitar love even more useful! Wow. Thanks for the sale!!!

• @david_2017 said:
    Bought. With the guitar love even more useful! Wow. Thanks for the sale!!!

No problem! Figured it was about time to add something other than piano. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

• Awesome app !!!
    Awesome Dev :)

• @TonalityApp said:

@david_2017 said:
    Bought. With the guitar love even more useful! Wow. Thanks for the sale!!!

No problem! Figured it was about time to add something other than piano. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

A LOT to discover in this pearl. This completely escaped my radar. So I am double glad for the sale :)
    As a main guitar player I would of course love to have it even more implemented into the app. So you could display scales and stuff for fretboards but also use the guitar charts as main view. But I have to dig a lot deeper at first.

Awesome app!

• Good suggestions! Thank you all for your continued support and kind words

• ...better and better tool. Thank you very much

• Tonality is number 2 in the US!

• 🐣> @TonalityApp said:

Tonality is number 2 in the US!

Man I'm really happy for you, this is down to your hard work and great attitude 👍

• Thank you! And thanks for all your support and beta testing

• 7th in Germany category music 💪🏼

• On sale now for 2.99 USD

• Wasn't sure if I really needed this app, but I pulled the trigger anyhow to support developers like you.

Now I just need to carve out some time to dig in.

• Thank you! Let me know if there are any features that would make it more useful for you.

• @TonalityApp said:
    Thank you! Let me know if there are any features that would make it more useful for you.

Since you asked...

1) Circle of Fifths AU - I think a fantastic addition to this app would be to turn the Circle of Fifths option from the standalone app into an AUV3 option, similar to Chord Keys. This would really help those of us who are not fluent in music theory to come up with related chords.

2) The Scale Chords below the Circle of Fifths diagram are not always visible, currently I only see I and ii. If I click on one of those and then press back, then I see the rest of the Scale Chords. Seems like a bug.

3) Chord Pad visibility - I can’t seem to find a way to get below the second row of a 4x4 grid when using Chord Pads. Two-finger drag doesn’t let me below the fold. I suspect I’m missing something here though. Similar to the problem above. I’m using the 10.8 iPad Pro 2018.

4) Descending option for Scales - Allow user to choose ascending or descending of the scale without having to click into the scale itself. I know you can hear it play descending by clicking into the scale, but it would be great to toggle this at the upper level as default behavior without that extra step each time.

Those are my first reactions after about a half an hour with it. The main feature I would like is the Circle of Fifths AU, if I had to choose. B)