Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

VCV Rack v1.0 released

edited June 2019 in Other

For those who may be interested in trying out modular synthesis on PC, Mac, or Linux, VCV Rack v1.0 was just released today.

http://cdm.link/2019/06/vcv-rack-free-modular-now-1-0/

Comments

• My iPad + iConnectAudio4 + Mac with Rack has been an amazing combination lately. I can't recommend it enough.

• oh boy!

• @jipumarino said:
    My iPad + iConnectAudio4 + Mac with Rack has been an amazing combination lately. I can't recommend it enough.

I’m curious as to how you’re using your iPad with VCV Rack? I’ve been using my iPad as a sequencer for a lot of plugins in Logic Pro, but haven’t really integrated with VCV Rack yet.

• @Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:
    My iPad + iConnectAudio4 + Mac with Rack has been an amazing combination lately. I can't recommend it enough.

I’m curious as to how you’re using your iPad with VCV Rack? I’ve been using my iPad as a sequencer for a lot of plugins in Logic Pro, but haven’t really integrated with VCV Rack yet.

• iPad as MIDI sequencer (for instance, Rozetas)
    • iPad audio into Rack for effects and sampling (NYSTHI has a pretty cool sampler for Rack) and general randomization
    • Rack audio into iPad for effects

1.0 has MIDI out which I wanna try out now :)

• @jipumarino said:

@Seangarland said:

@jipumarino said:

• iPad as MIDI sequencer (for instance, Rozetas)
    • iPad audio into Rack for effects and sampling (NYSTHI has a pretty cool sampler for Rack) and general randomization
    • Rack audio into iPad for effects

1.0 has MIDI out which I wanna try out now :)

Thanks! My thoughts were to use Fugue Machine into Rack, so I’m glad to hear it’s working for you. I’ve been at work all day, and haven’t had a chance to try v1.0. Interested to see how MIDI OUT of Rack is working.

• Damn I was super excited until I booted it up and found so many of my regular modules missing! There’s a ton that haven’t been updated to 1.0 so check the plugin page for your favorite ones before you jump in.

• @DCJ said:
    Damn I was super excited until I booted it up and found so many of my regular modules missing! There’s a ton that haven’t been updated to 1.0 so check the plugin page for your favorite ones before you jump in.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a bummer. Apparently you can load both 0.62 and 1.0 for now. But I’ll likely just go straight to v1.0, and work with what is there for now. I’m still pretty new at this modular stuff, so maybe limitations are my friend right now. Although Plateau and ML Quantum are usually in my patches by default, so that’s a drag for now. I suspect both of those developers will update soon.

• @Seangarland said:

@DCJ said:
    Damn I was super excited until I booted it up and found so many of my regular modules missing! There’s a ton that haven’t been updated to 1.0 so check the plugin page for your favorite ones before you jump in.

Yeah, that’s a bit of a bummer. Apparently you can load both 0.62 and 1.0 for now. But I’ll likely just go straight to v1.0, and work with what is there for now. I’m still pretty new at this modular stuff, so maybe limitations are my friend right now. Although Plateau and ML Quantum are usually in my patches by default, so that’s a drag for now. I suspect both of those developers will update soon.

Yeah I’m sure they’ll update. I really need the AS modules! Those were always my go-to. Fingers crossed they get updates soon since I paid for them.