Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for a very specific type of filter

Hello everyone,

Does anybody knows an app that would perform the Electro-harmonix HOG "Spectral gate" ?

Basically, it sorts the harmonics of a signal and keeps only the loudest, filtering out the ones that are below a threshold.

-> It cleans the signal / or generates a sine-like signal from any input.

Do you know if there's an app for that?

Thanks!

Comments

• A couple of the ApeSoft/Other Company apps do spectral filtering so you could check those. Moebius maybe?

• Are you talking about apeFilter?
    It doesn"t.

Moebius? isn't it a synth?

• edited June 2019

apeFilter can have its filter frequency set by Midi note input.
    You could try to pass the audio through something like Thumbjam to detect the midi note and pass this midi to apeFilter. Maybe it works well enough.

Edit: or wait, is Thumbjam midi detection only for mic input?

• @bleep said:
    You could try to pass the audio through something like Thumbjam to detect the midi note and pass this midi to apeFilter. Maybe it works well enough.

I used it to convert gadget sound to midi back in the day so maybe it supported AB?

• @ttk said:
    Are you talking about apeFilter?
    It doesn"t.

Moebius Lab is an effects suite. And as I thought one of the filters (called grip) does exactly what you're looking for.

It's really good...

• @cian said:

@ttk said:
    It doesn"t.

Moebius Lab is an effects suite. And I thought one of the filters did what you're looking for, but unfortunately it doesn't. It does over things in that area, just not that.

Great plugin though...

• @cian said:

@cian said:

@ttk said:
    It doesn"t.

Moebius Lab is an effects suite. And I thought one of the filters did what you're looking for, but unfortunately it doesn't. It does over things in that area, just not that.

Great plugin though...

Bummer...

• @bleep said:

yeah I thought about that but I'd rather not use a pitch detection system.

So it seems, this effect just doesn't exist?

• @ttk said:

@bleep said:

yeah I thought about that but I'd rather not use a pitch detection system.

So it seems, this effect just doesn't exist?

I guess so. And I bet that Alessandro from ApeSoft, with all of his experience in DSP algorithms, could build this in a week. Plus a few other fun spectral manipulations.

• It's a pretty trivial thing to do once you've done the spectral transformation (which is a third party library anyway).

• This request took me down the rabbit hole a little.

Have recently purchased MAX/MSP 8 and been tryinng to work out where to get started when I happened upon some great videos on Advanced FFTs. The very first video helps you create the very same filter that I thinking you are talking about and wasn't that hard to follow.

I know that doesn't provide an iOS solution but was a fascinating watch and I learned a great deal of new stuff, so thank you.

• @cian said:
    It's a pretty trivial thing to do once you've done the spectral transformation (which is a third party library anyway).

I know right? So frustratring...

FFT -> sort -> take the first

Maybe the difficulty will be in using it in real-time?

• No it's fairly trivial to do once you've done the FFT transform. I think he just didn't think of it. You could reach out to him and ask and he may just implement it for you.

• Bump!

Anything like this in 2020?

• To all CSSpectral users here,

Do you know if the app does it?