Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Developers - preset organization

I think it great that so many iOS developers are including presets made by their beta testers or 3rd parties they paid to create some presets. It's also great that the people behind these presets are credited for their work while browsing the presets, typically by placing all their sounds in a separate folder for each content creator.

I would LOVE if these presets were also included in global categories. If I'm looking for a bass sound, it would be soooo much easier to have all of the bass presets in one folder, instead having to go into each individual preset creators folder looking for them. Nave and Thor come to mind for this, but a lot of apps are organized like this.

Likewise for something like Alchemy, all those extra packs are awesome, but not having to go into each one of them, one after the other looking for a specific sound. Let us browse all the Pads, Leads, bass, etc from all the packs at once please.

Comments

• Addictive doesn't even have folders. :(

• edited January 2014

Addictive (STILL) doesn't even have folders. :)

• Totally agree!
    Maniging presets in Sunrizer works great, but Animoog is a total PITA.
    Or am I doing something wrong?

• I love the new Spawn in my Magellan Jr... wowzers... new banks/presets out the ying yang. I do see what you mean though by a different method of organization.

And I was frustrated by the Alchemy setup at first, but it makes it so I use more of what I have bought. (I have sounds from Alchemy Player added also). I find that having an "App notepad" is very helpful. Surprising how good ol' fashion pen and paper can help me keep track of presets, songs, ideas, lyrics.

• MIDI Program Change and Bank Select. Please.