Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modley By Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have no idea why I can see and hear this track in my soundcloud account but can’t see it here when I share it... I’ve tried everything...

• edited June 2019

@gmslayton said:
    ok, so this app is awesome but it makes me wonder, can an AUv3 host another AUv3 inside of its self, whilst being hosted by AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus?

It would be pretty cool to be able to take one of those slots and host an additional AUv3 app inside..maybe?

... Host an additional AUV3 that in turn can host an additional AUV3 that in turn can host its own AUV3 which.... Babushka style ;)

The likely answer is.. No

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Oh for F’s sake!!! I JUST swore and oath, and expressed my devotion to Turnado as my number one go to multi-fx. I built an insane Midi designer pro layout to control the AUM session of 4 source tracks that can route to an 8x8 matrix of self-feedbacking fx sends. It brilliant! It’s the type of setup that would make Brian Eno weep with joy... And then this harlot comes strutting in an waving her ample fx slots at me and threatening impending doom to my now stable home!!!!

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

Ample FX slots!

The CPU load will make you run back to Turnado like to a long lost Maker.

• Do any Modley users who are familiar with the Electroharmonix Freeze and Superego effects pedals, (hardware effects that can freeze chords for a pad-like effect, rather than a repeating delay loop) know if Modley can perform a similar function? The demos of the freeze function seem to be short delay loops with a rhythmic delay rather than a sustained effect?

• edited June 2019

Put this on Phase84 and it was amazing. Luscious. I for one can't have enough delays or reverbs or delays or reverbs or...

• @supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Oh for F’s sake!!! I JUST swore and oath, and expressed my devotion to Turnado as my number one go to multi-fx. I built an insane Midi designer pro layout to control the AUM session of 4 source tracks that can route to an 8x8 matrix of self-feedbacking fx sends. It brilliant! It’s the type of setup that would make Brian Eno weep with joy... And then this harlot comes strutting in an waving her ample fx slots at me and threatening impending doom to my now stable home!!!!

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

Ample FX slots!

Modley is my kind of thing but I've hesitated to buy because I haven't seen or heard anything I can't already do in Turnado. Even the freeze is doable in Turnado. Unless I'm missing something?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@supadom said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

Ample FX slots!

Modley is my kind of thing but I've hesitated to buy because I haven't seen or heard anything I can't already do in Turnado. Even the freeze is doable in Turnado. Unless I'm missing something?

I have had Turnado for a long while- it’s really good and one of my go to apps. Albeit very capable indeed it does not seem to provide the speed with which you can change the entire vibe very quickly with a high return on sweetspot accuracy.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

Yes my reason exactly, not knocking Modley, it's great but not sure if there's anything there I can't already do.
    I think it could do with a randomiser to create unexpected connections, that might sell me it more. The effects themselves seem fairly standard but that would liven it up a bit for me :)

• edited June 2019

Flux fx could do this.It's a shame it's abandonned.

• Yeah would love to see FluxFX as an AU :)

• @Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah, I just loaded up a string of Audiodamage fx and got similar results, with low cpu too.

It’s basically that freeze option that’s making it stand out for me.

it's good value if you don't already have lots of AU fx. The built in delay isn't as good as the K7D, but the freeze makes it stand out, but then you can probably modulate a freeze with turnado or some other apps.

I'd definitely use it and enjoy it but not sure if I need it. Think the sale lasts until end of the month though :)

Played with K7D again and some others... yeah, I don’t think I need this one. Getting way too redundant with delays at this point. But congrats to the dev on the launch 🚀

• edited June 2019

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

Yeah, I just loaded up a string of Audiodamage fx and got similar results, with low cpu too.

it's good value if you don't already have lots of AU fx. The built in delay isn't as good as the K7D, but the freeze makes it stand out, but then you can probably modulate a freeze with turnado or some other apps.

I'd definitely use it and enjoy it but not sure if I need it. Think the sale lasts until end of the month though :)

Played with K7D again and some others... yeah, I don’t think I need this one. Getting way too redundant with delays at this point. But congrats to the dev on the launch 🚀

You'll be back. ;)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yeah would love to see FluxFX as an AU :)

+10000000000000

• How's the quality of the distortion and pitch shift effects?

• edited June 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:

@bleep said:
    I see people are happy, and I'm sure it's great, but I just need to ask; wouldn't you be able to recreate most of this modular FX with some AUM bussing of existing AUfx?

That's what's still got me on the fence. I've had a play with the desktop demo too.
    Being able to save presets for different setups is useful. I think the freeze is the thing which is edging me off the fence. :)

I personally find it a much nicer workflow (especially on an iPad...) to have as much stuff in one instance/window as possible....If compare it to physical fx, no one would ever pile their pedals on top of each other so they had to shift them around each time they wanted to tweak one ;)

Also, for modulation things like this this can feel more convenient/organic when messing around sending CC from Mozaik etc...vs using separate fx apps. And for editing automation in Bm3 etc..

Oh definitely, I can see the benefits of this app - the quality sounds really good, and nice to have all these added effects to place in the loop. I think two things are stopping me - 1. I've already got a million other delays and reverbs (Discord 4 comes pretty close to this one too), and 2. the CPU hit.

The freeze effect is very nice, but to get proper use from it I'd want to run three or four instances of frozen loops, and my Air 2 would explode, whereas Discord 4, though it doesn't have the freeze (apart from a reverb freeze) effect hardly makes a dent.

But it's definitely on the list after a future hardware upgrade, as it's proper pro quality sounding.

• edited June 2019

This one feels like an ‘upgrade’ to me in that it improves on the UI and flow of established methods/AUs a great deal. That really feels like its core strength, quickly being able to queue up fx and rearrange them in a very logical quick layout. It makes tweaking pre/loop/post fx smooth and fast which in the end I think results in a better sound than jumping between multiple AUs. Turnado is nice but pretty heavy handed (the point of it) and does not sound as smooth. I started using this as an AUX effect to add a layer of flexible detail to the mix that can be easily modulated with automation. Super happy with it.

• edited June 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@MonzoPro said:

You'll be back. ;)

Maybe... but, I've been spending a lot more time re-exploring what I already have. I (like I bet many here) have so many apps that do so many things, in seemingly infinite combinations.... that I can't really see an app like this one being the "magic bullet" for me.

That said, I do love great interface design and appreciate those apps that stimulate the imagination via experimentation. I recently got the Woodstepper app that I didn't think I needed. I barely could figure out how it worked and even fell asleep trying to watch the only two demo videos for it.

Finally, it kicked in, I understood what it does, and it opened up lots of new experimental possibility. Not that the nuts and bolts of its functions are radically different from a collection of other apps, but the way they're implemented stimulates my imagination in a way that those others don't.

This one might be like that... I don't know. On the surface it's not grabbing me though. It's on sale for a bit so I'll ponder it from the fence for a spell.

And, now that I have Mozaic... every time I get an itch to buy a new app, I just look for a new Mozaic script to experiment with and then I'm cured.

At least temporarily. ;)

• @AudioGus said:
    This one feels like an ‘upgrade’ to me in that it improves on the UI and flow of established methods/AUs a great deal. That really feels like its core strength, quickly being able to queue up fx and rearrange them in a very logical quick layout. It makes tweaking pre/loop/post fx smooth and fast which in the end I think results in a better sound than jumping between multiple AUs. Turnado is nice but pretty heavy handed (the point of it) and does not sound as smooth. I started using this as an AUX effect to add a layer of flexible detail to the mix that can be easily modulated with automation. Super happy with it.

Yup. Same mice better trap.

• I didn't get a very good idea of the experimental and/or interesting presets included in Doug's video.

I'm guessing that the possible weirdness you could get is somewhere close to the recently released Delayrium app: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1461506890?ign-mpt=uo=4

The Delayrium app has a very strange interface and not as clear to sort out as this Modley app. If anyone has both, a comparison would be appreciated. :)

l keep seeing "MOLDY instead of "MODLEY" LOL ;)

• @skiphunt said:
    I didn't get a very good idea of the experimental and/or interesting presets included in Doug's video.

I'm guessing that the possible weirdness you could get is somewhere close to the recently released Delayrium app: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1461506890?ign-mpt=uo=4

The Delayrium app has a very strange interface and not as clear to sort out as this Modley app. If anyone has both, a comparison would be appreciated. :)

I keep seeing Moldy, too!

as for Delayrium, it's an entirely different beast. it's a network of delays that can be routed to one another for incredibly strange modulated delays. Modley is a more straightforward module based fx chain. If you're going for outer space insanity, Delayrium is the one, but the interface is a little clunky as of yet.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not finding any of the modules in Modley to be very impressive. As others have said, they're already things that there are a plethora of in iOS land. I need to spend more time digging in, but my initial impressions were mild.

If you're going for that stereotypical reverberated edm delay, it might be a good choice, but if you're looking for fun modulated tape delay sounds, I think K7D or RE1 get the job done more efficiently and sound better to my ear.

• @palm said:

@skiphunt said:
    I didn't get a very good idea of the experimental and/or interesting presets included in Doug's video.

I keep seeing Moldy, too!

as for Delayrium, it's an entirely different beast. it's a network of delays that can be routed to one another for incredibly strange modulated delays. Modley is a more straightforward module based fx chain. If you're going for outer space insanity, Delayrium is the one, but the interface is a little clunky as of yet.

To be perfectly honest, I'm not finding any of the modules in Modley to be very impressive. As others have said, they're already things that there are a plethora of in iOS land. I need to spend more time digging in, but my initial impressions were mild.

If you're going for that stereotypical reverberated edm delay, it might be a good choice, but if you're looking for fun modulated tape delay sounds, I think K7D or RE1 get the job done more efficiently and sound better to my ear.

Cool. That’s about what I expected. I already have Delayrium and love its insanity. Clunky is a good word for its interface though.

Thx

• Anyone dare to try this on an iPad Air 1?

Looks cool but I’d like to at least be able to run a single instance at 128/256 samples latency. :'(

• The freeze is where I am wanting to find a playground, but it seems like it may be quite limited.
    If I could play the freeze via midi? + modulate, then I would be all over this
    delays are delays are delays are delays... useful / dime a dozen

• @Mayo said:
    The freeze is where I am wanting to find a playground, but it seems like it may be quite limited.

Freeze and freeze mode are controllable MIDI parameters via AUM etc.,

• @Mayo said:
    The freeze is where I am wanting to find a playground, but it seems like it may be quite limited.

I was expecting something similar like the infinity mode or freeze mode on verb pedals, but who knows... I am not too deep into this plugin ;)

• edited June 2019

Very nice @MonkeyDrummer - reminds me of Mother Mallard's Portable Masterpiece Company - thanks!

• Modley – overview and examples

• edited June 2019

This seems to still be on sale, so I have a quick question:
    Would I be able to run this on an iPad Mini 4 along with WOW Filterbox and Loopy at 128 buffer?

I can run a pretty considerable amount of FF plugins in Auria Pro at that buffer, but if I could run that combo above at a low buffer then it'd be too tempting to pass on.