Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modley By Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• Really loving this thing. Sounds so good.

• Alright this sounds pretty damn good! But can we not save our own presets in the AU itself? :/

• I like this...bought

• ok, so this app is awesome but it makes me wonder, can an AUv3 host another AUv3 inside of its self, whilst being hosted by AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus?

It would be pretty cool to be able to take one of those slots and host an additional AUv3 app inside..maybe?

• That would be awesome! Or at least allow you to break up the signal flow and insert it through another AU effects chain and loop it back.

Like I would like to use the Pitch shifter as my first effect, then I like to send that to my overdrive section, then have all that be sent to my delays, mod section and reverbs!

Right now the way I do it is that I use ToneStack’s PolyOct effect buts not AU and I’d like to use this effect in NS2 for my Electric Guitar Preset I’m working on.

Or would 4Pockets AU Pitch shifter work better in this case?

@gmslayton said:
    ok, so this app is awesome but it makes me wonder, can an AUv3 host another AUv3 inside of its self, whilst being hosted by AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus?

It would be pretty cool to be able to take one of those slots and host an additional AUv3 app inside..maybe?

• @gmslayton said:

ok, so this app is awesome but it makes me wonder, can an AUv3 host another AUv3 inside of its self, whilst being hosted by AUM, ApeMatrix, Audiobus?

No that's no possible. But in theory I think it could have multiple audio inputs so you could send different AU audio channels to different parts of the chain which would effectively do the same thing.

One question, can you modulate and automate the freeze function? (via midi/AU parameters?)

• @Carnbot yes, yes you can.

• Is it possible to mute\bypass the inbuilt delay and use it as a more general Multi-FX unit?

• Best purchase of the WHOLE DAY so far.!

• Are all the parameters exposed and available for midi-learn in AUM?

• @craftycurate yes. just turn the sync off and the delay time to 0ms and feedback to 0. Should just pass through once giving you a sort of multi-fx unit.

• @gmslayton said:
    @craftycurate yes. just turn the sync off and the delay time to 0ms and feedback to 0. Should just pass through once giving you a sort of multi-fx unit.

Nice one thanks ... I also wondered about the "Mix" in the delay section, whether that was a Wet\Dry for the delay only, seeing as there is also a Master "Mix" control.

• @craftycurate I saw that as well but after testing it is a mix knob for the modulation.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    Are all the parameters exposed and available for midi-learn in AUM?

They are...although because of the modular structure, the names of the effect parameters are not exposed, rather they have generic names eg. Pre Slot 4 param 3, etc.

• I see people are happy, and I'm sure it's great, but I just need to ask; wouldn't you be able to recreate most of this modular FX with some AUM bussing of existing AUfx?

• @bleep said:
    I see people are happy, and I'm sure it's great, but I just need to ask; wouldn't you be able to recreate most of this modular FX with some AUM bussing of existing AUfx?

That's what's still got me on the fence. I've had a play with the desktop demo too.
    Being able to save presets for different setups is useful. I think the freeze is the thing which is edging me off the fence. :)

• @bcrichards said:

@SpookyZoo said:
    Are all the parameters exposed and available for midi-learn in AUM?

They are...although because of the modular structure, the names of the effect parameters are not exposed, rather they have generic names eg. Pre Slot 4 param 3, etc.

Thanks for the info! 👍

• @Carnbot said:

@bleep said:
    I see people are happy, and I'm sure it's great, but I just need to ask; wouldn't you be able to recreate most of this modular FX with some AUM bussing of existing AUfx?

That's what's still got me on the fence. I've had a play with the desktop demo too.
    Being able to save presets for different setups is useful. I think the freeze is the thing which is edging me off the fence. :)

Yeah, I just loaded up a string of Audiodamage fx and got similar results, with low cpu too.

It’s basically that freeze option that’s making it stand out for me.

• @gmslayton said:
    @craftycurate I saw that as well but after testing it is a mix knob for the modulation.

Ok thanks again :)

• edited June 2019

Heres my little contribution to this wonderful fx treat:

And the AUM Session as well:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/szh5muirullxkoc/the emergence of it.aumproj?dl=0

• @MonzoPro said:

Yeah, I just loaded up a string of Audiodamage fx and got similar results, with low cpu too.

It’s basically that freeze option that’s making it stand out for me.

it's good value if you don't already have lots of AU fx. The built in delay isn't as good as the K7D, but the freeze makes it stand out, but then you can probably modulate a freeze with turnado or some other apps.

I'd definitely use it and enjoy it but not sure if I need it. Think the sale lasts until end of the month though :)

• I really like the delay on it - even without any effects. It’s hard to put my finger on why - it just sounds clear and crisp. I will be making regular use of this one.
    I’ve just spent the last couple of hours experimenting with this attached to Troublemaker. It’s a really good combination.... if you like that sort of thing🙂

• Great, just another thing to buy. 😁 That's like 3 things just today. 💸

• @nondes said:
    Great, just another thing to buy. 😁 That's like 3 things just today. 💸

😂😂😂 ikr at least they are affordable and great

• edited June 2019

Each one of the square modules is CC controllable. I saw CC Pal on discchord today along with Modley and even though I have lots of midi controllers (including Mosaic) I grabbed both.

I now have a recordable configurable delay looper. HAPPY, HAPPY! JOY, JOY!

Note:
    CC PAL is a stand alone no IAA or AU3
    But you get up to 16 animatable CC’s which can run in loops

• @White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1465573187

Modley is a modulation delay with effect insert capabilities, which lets you design the whole delay signal with several carefully selected effect modules, to create customized signal flows and unique sounds.

The three effect racks provide insert slots for different stages of the processing.
    Pre rack
    Applies effects before the delay loop.
    Loop rack
    Applies effects to the delay loop. Those effects will be applied to the input signal each delay bounce.
    Post rack
    Effects after the delay delay loop.

Available FX inserts

• Panner - Auto panning effect.
    • Delay - Digital stereo delay
    • Chorus - Classic chorus
    • Flanger - Flanger with feedback, tone, speed, mix and amount
    • Phaser - Classic phaser with the option to decide how many stages to be used
    • Reverb - Digital reverb
    • Vibrato - A stereo vibrato with reshapeable curve
    • Tremolo - A stereo tremolo with reshapeable curve
    • Equalizer - Low cut, high cut and two shelf filters
    • Compressor - Simple one-knob compressor
    • Booster - Signal booster (gain, bass and treble)
    • Distortion - Simple distortion pedal with tone control
    • Multiband Gate - Four band spectral gate
    • Pitcher - Pitch shifting effect
    • Filter - Classic resonant low and highpass filter

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/modley-docs/

Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/stark

Obs! Modley consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, so if you’re having trouble using multiple instances at the same time, try to freeze some tracks and/or increase the buffer size.

Modley is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

Oh for F’s sake!!! I JUST swore and oath, and expressed my devotion to Turnado as my number one go to multi-fx. I built an insane Midi designer pro layout to control the AUM session of 4 source tracks that can route to an 8x8 matrix of self-feedbacking fx sends. It brilliant! It’s the type of setup that would make Brian Eno weep with joy... And then this harlot comes strutting in an waving her ample fx slots at me and threatening impending doom to my now stable home!!!!

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

• edited June 2019

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@White said:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/id1465573187

Modley is a modulation delay with effect insert capabilities, which lets you design the whole delay signal with several carefully selected effect modules, to create customized signal flows and unique sounds.

The three effect racks provide insert slots for different stages of the processing.
    Pre rack
    Applies effects before the delay loop.
    Loop rack
    Applies effects to the delay loop. Those effects will be applied to the input signal each delay bounce.
    Post rack
    Effects after the delay delay loop.

Available FX inserts

• Panner - Auto panning effect.
    • Delay - Digital stereo delay
    • Chorus - Classic chorus
    • Flanger - Flanger with feedback, tone, speed, mix and amount
    • Phaser - Classic phaser with the option to decide how many stages to be used
    • Reverb - Digital reverb
    • Vibrato - A stereo vibrato with reshapeable curve
    • Tremolo - A stereo tremolo with reshapeable curve
    • Equalizer - Low cut, high cut and two shelf filters
    • Compressor - Simple one-knob compressor
    • Booster - Signal booster (gain, bass and treble)
    • Distortion - Simple distortion pedal with tone control
    • Multiband Gate - Four band spectral gate
    • Pitcher - Pitch shifting effect
    • Filter - Classic resonant low and highpass filter

Full documentation available inside the app or at https://klevgrand.se/downloads/modley-docs/

Audio examples and more info at https://klevgrand.se/products/stark

Obs! Modley consumes a lot of CPU and RAM, so if you’re having trouble using multiple instances at the same time, try to freeze some tracks and/or increase the buffer size.

Modley is an AUv3 plugin that only works in an AUv3 compliant host like Garageband, AUM, Cubasis, Beatmaker 3, Auria etc.

Oh for F’s sake!!! I JUST swore and oath, and expressed my devotion to Turnado as my number one go to multi-fx. I built an insane Midi designer pro layout to control the AUM session of 4 source tracks that can route to an 8x8 matrix of self-feedbacking fx sends. It brilliant! It’s the type of setup that would make Brian Eno weep with joy... And then this harlot comes strutting in an waving her ample fx slots at me and threatening impending doom to my now stable home!!!!

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

My oath was “not buying anything until either Drambo or the audio tracks NanoStudio IAP comes out”. Yet here I am.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

Aaarrrgghhhh!!!

Ample FX slots!

• edited June 2019

Oh dear god this thing is amazing... oh my...

I’m bummed it’s such a cpu pig though. I’ll never be able to use it live as I can’t get latency below 512 on my air 3.

Here’s an idea of the sound... it’s just a super basic Xynthesizr patch and I flip through all the presets and fiddle and fondle a few of them...

• Just tested @MonkeyDrummer AudioShare to Soundcloud works for me. Maybe you changed your SC password, or need to re-establish the 'connected applications' in here:
    https://soundcloud.com/settings

Does anyone know if:
    Are all of the effects stereo, or do some sum to mono? Always worries me when I see a few listed as stereo.