Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Modley By Klevgränd produkter AB

Comments

• @Gratouilli said:
    This delay seems to be impressive.
    Is it "safe" to imagine a simple set up in AUM, Cubasis or Auria, like a channel with Bias Amp 2 in input and Modley as an insert... on an Air 2 ?

Interested in this too - will it run ok on an Air 2?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:
    Is it "safe" to imagine a simple set up in AUM, Cubasis or Auria, like a channel with Bias Amp 2 in input and Modley as an insert... on an Air 2 ?

Can only run 2 instances on an Air 2. Not tried it with much else going on though. I think the lack of ram is the major problem with the Air2 as it’s not showing a really high processor load. So I would expect more problems with ram hungry apps when using Modley

• Still, it’s nice to see devs pushing the current system and iPad tech.

• Bought it.

Will test on:

iPad 6
    iPad Air 1
    iPad Air 2
    iPad Pro 2018

I honestly don't need more than 1 instance really with the use of busses in AUM but I will try out a variety of set ups in the next day and return with performance updates on this new app.

• Two instances and multiple instruments making some lush sounds in AUM, but they are the type of sounds that dominate any mix and best used sparingly lol

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    Two instances and multiple instruments making some lush sounds in AUM, but they are the type of sounds that dominate any mix and best used sparingly lol

Less is more....unless you go more.........

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    Two instances and multiple instruments making some lush sounds in AUM, but they are the type of sounds that dominate any mix and best used sparingly lol

That's more or less right :D

• @AndyPlankton said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

That's more or less right :D

I’m sure you guys are getting smutty, but I’m not rising to it!

• WOW THE APP IS AMAZING!

I just wish had XY built in........ACTUALLY AN ALCHEMY MULTI AXIS XY PERFORMANCE SERVICE!

• This is so lush. Amazing...

• i spent 10 minutes with this app before work. Instantly impressed. i can’t wait to really dig into it later tonight.

• Here is my demo for Modley

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:

Can only run 2 instances on an Air 2. Not tried it with much else going on though. I think the lack of ram is the major problem with the Air2 as it’s not showing a really high processor load. So I would expect more problems with ram hungry apps when using Modley

Yeah the RAM limit seems to be the thing, I’m hoping to upgrade later in the year though.

I’d probably only use one instance anyway. Off to watch Dougs vid..

• I've not played enough with it yet but...

...is there a way to 'skip' the delay and just use it as an effects box?
    (meaning 100% wet signal without the initial delay?)

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:

Yeah the RAM limit seems to be the thing, I’m hoping to upgrade later in the year though.

Yep personally I think it’s about time for an upgrade, if nothing else, it will give me some battery life back - my Air2 needs charging two to three times a day now lol

• edited June 2019

Yea, Sir Doug......

EDIT @thesoundtestroom: Really GREAT demo Doug.

• @Samu said:
    I've not played enough with it yet but...

...is there a way to 'skip' the delay and just use it as an effects box?
    (meaning 100% wet signal without the initial delay?)

Just set delay with no sync and no mod to 0ms.

• @bcrichards yes works like a charm. The pitcher is super fun.

• Is the delay stereo by itself?
    Thanks.

• yay! It automates in BM3! :) :) :smiley:

Wow, absolutely perfect timing on this one. Have just been getting into more of a dubby delay thing lately and this will save me a ton of poking around in other delay fx apps wondering what the heck this/that does. This sounds great, is super clean and simple with no extra modulation routing monkery biz gumming up the UI/flow.

• I know this is being greedy, but, I would actually like to get a new instrument or host type app from the Klevgrand crew.

I think any more Fx apps and .....well...except Envelope....that I want a universal AU....besides that .....

...I think the market is pretty full as a whole and from Klevgrand as a company now after this.

They have obviously mastered the Fx genre.

They have mastered the presentation in a variety of ways the FX app genre.

Maybe something new will come next

I find their instrument apps to be my favorites in all the major songs I have done on iOS.

• Ok, guess I figured it out. In order to 'avoid' the delay, disable sync, set delay to 0ms and feedback to 0%.
    This way it can be treated as a 'regular' multi effects unit :)

• Two shifters with a reverb or distortion and then either a filter or tape saturation, feedback at 65.1 percent. Hit a note, then have fun with your 3 shifters. Turn the main delay down to the lowest it'll go on sync and get a really rockin drone.

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:

Yep personally I think it’s about time for an upgrade, if nothing else, it will give me some battery life back - my Air2 needs charging two to three times a day now lol

Yeah, and mine takes half a day to charge back up again!

• @MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@MonzoPro said:

@Gratouilli said:

Yeah, and mine takes half a day to charge back up again!

It’s been a good buy though - really feel I got my money worth from the Air2

• Guys can someone comment on the difference between the Pitch shifter on this app versus the Pitch shifter from 4Pockets? I’d like to use it to add to the effects chain for my electric guitar preset. Thanks!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

It’s been a good buy though - really feel I got my money worth from the Air2

Oh yeah, mine's four years old now and been used every day - can't complain about that!

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Yea, Sir Doug......

EDIT @thesoundtestroom: Really GREAT demo Doug.

Yeah great demo. The quality of this app is amazing, think I'll have to get this later. Kind of glad I didn't get the other delay app now, as I'd have had delay app overload oad oad oad.

• This is quality plugin!!! Awesome!
    And much potential. Just twiddling a bit but this is much much deeper !!!