Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad OS (iOS 13 beta 2) update

edited June 2019 in General App Discussion

Hi there guys, here is a liL update in regards to iOS 13 beta 2 and music making.
This second release is waaay much better.
In Cubasis you can now see the Image of Auv3 instruments just like on iOS 12 and previous versions.
The first test I did with beta 1, I had a strange issue with Aparillo maxing out the CPU in Cubasis when closed and low cpu when open.
This issue seems gone now.
In this test, I had 2 tracks of Aparillo, 2 of Pure synth and one of Model 15.
All the Auv3 tracks had Pro Q2 as insert effect.
Some of the audio tracks also had some AUv3 inserts.
My iPad Pro 11 was doing good on the CPU.
I’ve also noticed that Auv3 instruments don’t crash like before.
Here is the video.

Ps. this is a test project so please don’t comment on the music 🤣🤣
Please let me know if there’s anything you’d like me to test.

Comments

• Here is also something new.
    Model 15 crashed.
    I relaunch Cubasis and this massage Appears on one of the instances

• Hey I like the song lol, sorry couldn’t resist

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    Hey I like the song lol, sorry couldn’t resist

🤣🤣 thanks

• edited June 2019

Since 3 finger tap is now considered the “undo gesture”...playing 3 finger chords on iPad OS invoke the undo menu: 🤦‍♂️

• Sure enough I did a 3 finger note slide to the left and the keyboard and instrument just disappeared, it “undid” the insertion of a new track. What a rush

• @realdawei said:
    Sure enough I did a 3 finger note slide to the left and the keyboard and instrument just disappeared, it “undid” the insertion of a new track. What a rush

I guess it’s just a GarageBand issue.
    In Cubasis and BeatMaker 3 you can slide on the keyboards with 3 fingers and nothing happens, just regular notes playing

• @Paa89 thank you for keeping us up to date.

• @realdawei said:
    Sure enough I did a 3 finger note slide to the left and the keyboard and instrument just disappeared, it “undid” the insertion of a new track. What a rush

Quick fix: only play 7th chords.

• edited June 2019

@Paa89 said:

@realdawei said:

I guess it’s just a GarageBand issue.
    In Cubasis and BeatMaker 3 you can slide on the keyboards with 3 fingers and nothing happens, just regular notes playing

Yeah I immediately tried cubasis and it ignores the undo gesture

• @mistercharlie said:

@realdawei said:

Quick fix: only play 7th chords.

Indeed 😎

• NO, iOS does NOT suffer from Gesture Overload 😁

• @realdawei said:
    Since 3 finger tap is now considered the “undo gesture”...playing 3 finger chords on iPad OS invoke the undo menu: 🤦‍♂️

Hahahaha.

• I really can't wait for the ability to connect to external storage. The complete and utter faff I've just been through to download a few photos to the iPad, create a video and then upload it back to the PC is just flipping ridiculous.

Dropbox is shite - web and app, I can't wait to be free of it.

• @MonzoPro said:

I really can't wait for the ability to connect to external storage. The complete and utter faff I've just been through to download a few photos to the iPad, create a video and then upload it back to the PC is just flipping ridiculous.

Yeah, totally agree!
    Cloud drives are still useful though and I'll still always use them for small files, but I never use them for photos or large project files. But yeah without proper drive access it's not possible to work efficiently with ipads and Apple have finally come around. :)

Affinity publisher is out now for desktop and soon for ipad so things are looking up for doing more useful stuff.

• @Carnbot said:
    @MonzoPro said:

I really can't wait for the ability to connect to external storage. The complete and utter faff I've just been through to download a few photos to the iPad, create a video and then upload it back to the PC is just flipping ridiculous.

Yeah, totally agree!
    Cloud drives are still useful though and I'll still always use them for small files, but I never use them for photos or large project files. But yeah without proper drive access it's not possible to work efficiently with ipads and Apple have finally come around. :)

Affinity publisher is out now for desktop and soon for ipad so things are looking up for doing more useful stuff.

Yeah I preordered that for £33 (!) and installed it yesterday - lovely the way it integrates with Designer and Photo. I'm going to have to upgrade my desktop and iPad, so looking at an iMac and new iPad with Pencil support - the integration between those and the Affinity suite will be a wonderful thing, and I'll be able to do so much more with the iPad.

I tried uploading a Designer Affinity file yesterday to the Dropbox app but it wouldn't - 'unrecognised file type'. Same thing when I tried uploading the mp4 video today, and then when I tried uploading via the Dropbox website it crashed out twice halfway through. I ended up having to use iFunbox. Whoever designed the Dropbox UI needs a kick up the backside.

• @MonzoPro said:

@Carnbot said:
    @MonzoPro said:

Yeah, totally agree!

Yeah I preordered that for £33 (!) and installed it yesterday - lovely the way it integrates with Designer and Photo. I'm going to have to upgrade my desktop and iPad, so looking at an iMac and new iPad with Pencil support - the integration between those and the Affinity suite will be a wonderful thing, and I'll be able to do so much more with the iPad.

I tried uploading a Designer Affinity file yesterday to the Dropbox app but it wouldn't - 'unrecognised file type'. Same thing when I tried uploading the mp4 video today, and then when I tried uploading via the Dropbox website it crashed out twice halfway through. I ended up having to use iFunbox. Whoever designed the Dropbox UI needs a kick up the backside.

Cool, look forward to getting on both platforms. I think Publisher will probably get more use for me on ipad than the other Affinity apps as the screen size isn't so crucial for that apps workflow.

• Hmmm.

At least under iOS12.x the apps that one wants to use in either 'slide over' or 'split view' have to be in the dock since there is no other way to summon them.

Has this behaviour been changed in iOS13?
    I mean the dock will get very crowded if all apps one intends to use as either 'slider over' or 'split view' have to be there!
    (I have my apps organised in folders in the dock but opening a folder hides all open apps).

Would be interesting to hear from those who have installed the beta...

• Handy OS gestures have always conflicted with music apps. It's a bummer. You can usually disable them in settings. Wish you could disable them in apps found under the category 'Music' only. :+1:

• Yes, would be interesting to see, if such gestures can be disabled.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tja said:
    Yes, would be interesting to see, if such gestures can be disabled.

You can: Settings > General > Multitasking & Dock.

• @mistercharlie said:

@tja said:

@syrupcore and @tja meant disable gestures just only for music apps. And no, that is not possible.

• @Pierre118 said:

@mistercharlie said:

@tja said:

@syrupcore and @tja meant disable gestures just only for music apps. And no, that is not possible.

Yep.

Best case scenario: iOS understands app store categories and we could disable gestures for all apps within one or more categories (in our case, 'Music' apps).

Acceptably decent scenario: disable fancy gestures per app. Sort of the inverse of location settings: it would default to "on" for everything, but you could disable them per app.

Acceptable scenario: same old. same old. Just accept turning it all off. It was like iOS 5 or so when this started with 3 and 4 finger gestures. I imagine folks love them—I've always disabled them so I've no idea. I use them a lot on my mac's trackpad though! Would love to have access to them in iOS Safari, Evernote, etc... and disable them for Nanostudio, AUM, etc. Alas, I'm not the target customer. yet again. wah wah wah....

• I meant the new gestures in iPadOS, like the above "undo".
    Or are they just new gestures and not a separate bunch with own settings?

• @Carnbot weren’t you getting those “content unavailable” errors in Files on iOS 12? I think I saw you were on 13 now, have those popped up?

• Any mouse experiences in a host that you can share?

• edited June 2019

Still don't understand why if my original Air and Mini 2 run iOS 12 like champs and iPad OS 13 runs "faster" that they aren't supported.

In fact, Apple Senior VP Craig Federighi opened the iOS 13 section of the WWDC keynote by saying "nothing is more important to our iPhone users than performance. So this year, we worked top-to-bottom making everything faster that you do the most."

https://www.macworld.com/article/3401516/all-the-ways-ios-13-is-going-to-be-faster-than-ios-12.html

• @bounce said:
    @Carnbot weren’t you getting those “content unavailable” errors in Files on iOS 12? I think I saw you were on 13 now, have those popped up?

I’ve not seen that yet but my main device still has 12 on it, I’ve installed 13 on my old Air2.
    Will keep an eye out for it and hopefully that bugs fixed. :)

• edited June 2019

@bigcatrik said:
    Still don't understand why if my original Air and Mini 2 run iOS 12 like champs and iPad OS 13 runs "faster" that they aren't supported.

In fact, Apple Senior VP Craig Federighi opened the iOS 13 section of the WWDC keynote by saying "nothing is more important to our iPhone users than performance. So this year, we worked top-to-bottom making everything faster that you do the most."

https://www.macworld.com/article/3401516/all-the-ways-ios-13-is-going-to-be-faster-than-ios-12.html

Well, look at it this way.. I am looking to dump my iPad Mini 2 and get a newer iPad soon.. like so many people..

I guess Apple will get paid..

• edited June 2019

Not having much luck with drives and ipadOS on Air 2. Can't get SSDs to work either, although other people seem to.
    HDDs definitely aren't supported yet but I can't get an external SSD drive to start with the usb3 connection kit. SDs are ok.

Maybe a beta bug, hopefully will be fixed.