Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Life Before iOS

Dancing with the dinosaurs.....

Comments

• These are exciting to watch live!
    The last one I've seen about 12 years ago was in Scotland in Edinburgh's Toy museum.
    I've heard that they had to give it away because they couldn't afford servicing it anymore :o
    But there's still quite a number of them working, mostly in museums.

• I'm fascinated by player pianos and orchestrions. It is incredible to me the lengths that people would go to to not have to learn to play an instrument.

There's a museum in San Francisco called Musée Mécanique that has a collection of these and they are just brilliant to behold. I have 3 CDs of music recorded from the orchestrion collection as well. Brilliant stuff

• This video the next time someone talks about file management 🤣 that thing is awesome

• @reasOne said:
    This video the next time someone talks about file management 🤣 that thing is awesome

:(

• Player pianos were just the Spotify of their day

• @knewspeak said:

@reasOne said:
    This video the next time someone talks about file management 🤣 that thing is awesome

LOL just being dumb

• @reasOne said:

@knewspeak said:

@reasOne said:

LOL just being dumb

No worries

• A few years ago, Pat Metheny did a fun upgrade to the instruments in his instrument lounge.
    Electromagnetic (and a few pneumatic) actuators mounted to acoustic instruments, controlled by MIDI.

See & listen:

• Doing this at home is highly recommended! :D
    Imagine playing all that from Xequence B)

Here's another one from the large-scale player piano:

• The Orchestrion tour was enjoyable, and I was glad to see part of it return on tour with Pat Metheny Unity Band.

Its nuts what he used to compose the music (Disklavier, Digital Performer) and play it live (Ableton Live, full crew of roadies including Eric Singer himself): https://www.soundonsound.com/people/pat-methenys-orchestrion

• Acid
    Yamaha keyboard
    Casio sampler
    Bass Cabinet
    Precision Bass
    CR 78
    Tape player
    Bass pedal
    Acoustic guitar
    Cheap electric

• And here I thought I was slick putting a toy insect robot on a tambourine to get some random rhythms.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    And here I thought I was slick putting a toy insect robot on a tambourine to get some random rhythms.

You were bugging out......