Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ThumbJam love.

2»

Comments

• @espiegel123 said:

@ALB said:
    C> @espiegel123 said:

I think the loops might be saved as audio not midi. It has been a while. So, I could be wrong.

I thought so too, but in preferences there is the option to save midi loops, so I just assumed that it was recording the midi as well.

I stand corrected. I never use the looping feature. So, I am no help on this,I guess.

No, it’s very helpful. Just knowing that it might not be immediately obvious or even possible is good to know.

• @ALB said:

@espiegel123 said:

@ALB said:
    C> @espiegel123 said:

I think the loops might be saved as audio not midi. It has been a while. So, I could be wrong.

I thought so too, but in preferences there is the option to save midi loops, so I just assumed that it was recording the midi as well.

I stand corrected. I never use the looping feature. So, I am no help on this,I guess.

No, it’s very helpful. Just knowing that it might not be immediately obvious or even possible is good to know.

After poking around a bit and turning on MIDI looping, I am also not able get the MIDI sent out of Thumbjam in realtime, but I have been able to export the MIDI. It looks like all the MIDI settings apply to MIDI played live or received live but not to the MIDI loop -- though I could be wrong.

• I > @espiegel123 said:

After poking around a bit and turning on MIDI looping, I am also not able get the MIDI sent out of Thumbjam in realtime, but I have been able to export the MIDI. It looks like all the MIDI settings apply to MIDI played live or received live but not to the MIDI loop -- though I could be wrong.

Thanks!

• So, just to clarify @ALB and @espiegel123 , I can load Thumbjam in AUM, and then use the on-screen keyboard in TJ to control other AUv3 apps? If this is possible then I will buy it. If not, then I don't think it's really my kind of app. Cheers!

• @Kashi said:
    So, just to clarify @ALB and @espiegel123 , I can load Thumbjam in AUM, and then use the on-screen keyboard in TJ to control other AUv3 apps? If this is possible then I will buy it. If not, then I don't think it's really my kind of app. Cheers!

ThumbJam is a standalone app and can send midi to other apps including AUM. AUM can rout midi it receives to anything it has loaded or to other midi apps and devices with visible ports.

• Thanks @espiegel123 . So basically "yes", except I don't load TJ in AUM, I just send midi out from TJ to AUM, and then to whatever synth I want in AUM, correct?

• @Kashi said:
    Thanks @espiegel123 . So basically "yes", except I don't load TJ in AUM, I just send midi out from TJ to AUM, and then to whatever synth I want in AUM, correct?

You will choose AUM as a TJ midi output destination. In AUM route, the AUM destination to your desired target.

• edited November 2022

The picture above shows routing from TJ into a midi AU loaded in AUM,

Loading TJ in AUM (which I didn’t ) will give you a convenient way to switch to it and back and record it’s audio.

• Great! Thanks @espiegel123 , I appreciate your help :)

• edited November 2022

One more thing; does that mean I could route the midi to my UNO interface within AUM, and control external devices? @espiegel123

• @Kashi said:
    One more thing; does that mean I could route the midi to my UNO interface within AUM, and control external devices? @espiegel123

Sure, or you could route directly to the interface from ThumbJam’s midi settings as well.

Also, if you are just using TJ as a controller you can disable its internal sound generation with a menu item (Sound->Volume->Instrument Mute).

• @sonosaurus said:

@Kashi said:

Sure, or you could route directly to the interface from ThumbJam’s midi settings as well.

Also, if you are just using TJ as a controller you can disable its internal sound generation with a menu item (Sound->Volume->Instrument Mute).

Amazing! Thanks. Can't wait to delve in!

• Oh jeeeeeez! Am feeling the TJ LOVE! Got it on arp mode, sending midi out to my Waldorf Blofeld. It's like I've been reborn. Thanks @sonosaurus ! <3