Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IMPC Pro 2

2»

Comments

• @reasOne said:

i’m still in debate with impc2 hahaa i really love the way it looks and i’ve owned several mpcs and the one that came with software a while back, i forget the name so i fell comfortable with those, but the popular vote still is bm3 , perhaps a sale will be the right time to mess with it but the appoholic in me is struggling 😎🤣

Well, imagine if all the devs (BM3, NS2 and iMPCPro 2, Auditor etc.) could' join forces'. We'd have the killer sampler engine from BM3 (with a few additions from NS2 such as start point modulation) polished midi-editing and routing from NS2 with the design polish from iMPC Pro 2. Oh and then add the best bits from Koala, sEGments and Drambo and super detailed waveform editing from Auditor we'd have one heck of a work-station on our hands :D

This is what is driving me nuts about iOS apps, most of the 'functions' are already there spread across multiple apps and no good way for all of the apps to interact with each other to create a truly modular work-space...

This is sadly why I've more and more started to see my trust iPad Air 2 as just a 'sound module' and using Logic & Renoise on the desktop for the 'heavier' stuff which I know the iPad could do as well but there's no seamless way to do it yet...

Imagine if Apple dropped a somewhat fully featured Logic for iPad? It would honestly be 'Game Over' for most DAWs on the iPad and considering Logic already runs on ARM Cpu's (the developer MacMini) so it's just a matter of time...

Cheers!

• oh man how great would that be!!! yes they are all missing one thing that the other does!!! i wish someone felt it was worthy to create the all one 16 pad app! def love the resample of koala, how did bm3 and impc miss that!! it’s so close

one thing id like bm3 to do is let you record in your auv3 synth to pads while playing it on a pad bank.. using the roll options and scales instead of just the keyboard. i know you can route the pads to an audio track and then send that to a pad but skipping that step would be great

• @reasOne said:
    oh man how great would that be!!! yes they are all missing one thing that the other does!!! i wish someone felt it was worthy to create the all one 16 pad app! def love the resample of koala, how did bm3 and impc miss that!! it’s so close

one thing id like bm3 to do is let you record in your auv3 synth to pads while playing it on a pad bank.. using the roll options and scales instead of just the keyboard. i know you can route the pads to an audio track and then send that to a pad but skipping that step would be great

In BM3 I usually sample AUv3's in the Plug-In view.
    When chords are enabled they also affects the keyboard so sampling chords is easy.

The 'regular' BM3 recorder/sampler could be used if it didn't 'lock the screen' when used.
    Meaning you could enable recording / sampling and go to performance mode and record stuff and then return to the recorder and stop recording.

Other 'things' to add would be nice would be 'Lazy Chop' when recording samples (It's just one long file where slice points are added when tapping a pad) and Koala style, select input for the bank and tap'n'hold empty pads to record samples to them.

If you still have a computer available then download the free MPC Beats app and give it a spin, it's so worth it!

And well, imagine all the Akai Pro sound banks in BM3 instead of Intua's lackluster store content, now that would be fun! :)

Apart from the mentioned issues with iMPC Pro 2 on my iPad Air 2 I have nothing against the app but for me the mentioned issues are kinda 'show stoppers' that keep me away from using the app more...

Grab it when it goes on sale next time. I still have the iPhone version on my iPhone 8 and use it from time to time since BM3 is not yet available for iPhone...

Cheers!

• sweet just tested it ya the scales still work !
    i’ve just been doing the “resampling” if you wanna call it that to achieve it , route the pad bank to record to an audio track... play a bunch of stuff then save that sample and drop it on a pad, its def and extra step compared to koala resampling..would be way better to record right to a pad bank but i don’t see the option.
    happy that i can do it tho. i was hoping impc 2 would have that but it seems to be identical to bm3 method just with a resample window in the sampler, from what i can see its the same thing worded differently lol

i had the app on my mac a whike back when i had the mpc studio... it was pretty cool! i never use my mac anymore to jam but maybe i should mess with it again

lazy chop would be great tho, i dig that in segments at least!

• edited August 2020

@Samu Ever since inter-app operability started on the platform (the first audiocopy, then AB3, Interapp, then AUv3), app features as distributed across apps, especially hosts, have always been a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Or building YuGiOh decks. Maddeningly no tool does it all. And this can become, for a maker, one of those itches that can’t be scratched.

• @Littlewoodg said:
    @Samu Ever since inter-app operability started on the platform (the first audiocopy, then AB3, Interapp, then AUv3), app features as distributed across apps, especially hosts, has always been a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Or building YuGiOh decks. Maddeningly no tool does it all. And this can become, for a maker, one of those itches that can’t be scratched.

That is why I hope that Logic will come to iPadOS.
    It would give plug-in developers a robust host to verify their plug-ins with.

Apple could if they wanted to make Logic as a 'universal' cross platform purchase.
    So if a user already has Logic on the Mac they would get it for the iPad, and if the user only has an iPad and gets Logic they would have in the Mac as well if or when they decided to get one...

As a 'Pro marketing tool' it would be worth it...
    ...as long as there are no serious 'pro-apps' in the various app categories the 'Pro' moniker used by Apples on the iPads is just a gimmick...

I do admit that I have no clue about patents and stuff but it would be nice to see how far a developer could go by copy-catting features from established DAWs before the legal actions would get ugly.
    (Maybe that is why we have no 'true replicas' of Ableton Live or the MPC's on the iPad?).

Time will tell where things go...
    ...hopefully towards more fully featured hosts and I won't mind a price-hike if they actually deliver!

Cheers!

• @Samu as always I hope “They” are listening to you, comrade

• ok i grabbed the iphone version of this. every time i load auv3s it crashes. is this an ios 14 thing or just how the app is? i have rebooted a couple times

• @Samu i think you said you had the iphone version? can you test auv3s?

• I just picked up a floor model of the Akai MPD218 last week for $50. It’s fun to sample my plugins in iMPC Pro 2 and trigger the sounds with the MPD218.

• Loading auv3 into impc pro2 for iphone doesn’t crash on my iPhone 6s but I’m still on 13

• @reasOne said:
    @Samu i think you said you had the iphone version? can you test auv3s?

Loading an AUv3 in iMPC Pro 2 on my iPhone 8 running iOS14 crashes the app.

I'd say that if absolute stability is needed stay on iOS/iPadOS13.7 for now, iOS/iPadOS14.2 is already in beta...

• ahhh well its too late i already went 14! i’ll see if they can make it stable if not i’ll do a last minute refund request

• @reasOne said:
    ahhh well its too late i already went 14! i’ll see if they can make it stable if not i’ll do a last minute refund request

If @Retronyms are awake they should be collecting crashlogs by now using Xcode and should likely have already noticed iOS14 related issues.

Regarding updates in general considering that most developers got their hands on the final Xcode build after iOS14 was released to the public it will likely take a week or two before the updates start to drop and during that time I have a feeling Apple will push out an update to add the things that were/are missing from the released iOS/iPadOS14 builds...

We'll just have to wait and see. I paid $4.99 on sale for iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone and it will stay on my iPhone for now waiting for a 'fix' either from Apple or Retronyms :) (Apple is partially to blame for the AUv3 issues introduced in iOS14 so...).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@reasOne said:
    ahhh well its too late i already went 14! i’ll see if they can make it stable if not i’ll do a last minute refund request

If @Retronyms are awake they should be collecting crashlogs by now using Xcode and should likely have already noticed iOS14 related issues.

Regarding updates in general considering that most developers got their hands on the final Xcode build after iOS14 was released to the public it will likely take a week or two before the updates start to drop and during that time I have a feeling Apple will push out an update to add the things that were/are missing from the released iOS/iPadOS14 builds...

We'll just have to wait and see. I paid $4.99 on sale for iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone and it will stay on my iPhone for now waiting for a 'fix' either from Apple or Retronyms :) (Apple is partially to blame for the AUv3 issues introduced in iOS14 so...).

Cheers!

good points man, it seems like apple just makes changes without developers knowing what’s going to break. hopefully they get it worked out i’ll def wait until the last minute to determine if a refund is in order, i’d rather it get fixed obviously!

• Wohoo!

@Retronyms are on the issue and it's Phase84's 'daddy' Louis who's on the case :)

From their newsletter...

"Hi iMPC Pro 2 fans,

As you know, iOS 14 is finally here! But, unfortunately, we have some bad news about that: iMPC Pro 2 now crashes when connecting AudioUnits. I began working with Apple's technical support on solving this, and they seem to think it could be a bug in the OS itself. Why this happens with iMPC Pro 2 but not other apps is currently unknown. We hope it can be resolved quickly, and will keep everyone in the loop.

For now, please don't update to iOS 14 if you plan to use iMPC Pro 2 with AudioUnits. And, as always, be safe: when updating, don't forget to back up the iPad or iPhone to a computer so you can restore the old OS if necessary.

Cheers,
    Louis
    "

Looking forward to the update and, yepp I'm already on iOS/iPadOS14 and will keep iMPC Pro 2 installed on both :)

• good news @Samu ! i emailed them but didn’t hear back so i didn’t know where we stood. hopefully i’ts not a major problem and it’s fixable soon i haven’t even used the app yet since i bought it

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Samu said:
    For now, please don't update to iOS 14 if you plan to use iMPC Pro 2 with AudioUnits. And, as always, be safe: when updating, don't forget to back up the iPad or iPhone to a computer so you can restore the old OS if necessary.

... obviously doesn't know anything about how iOS backups work. :D

• The update for the iPhone version of iMPC Pro 2 just dropped. AUv3's load fine now :)
    Wonder when the iPad version will drop?

• edited November 2020

Just bought this as it was on sale right now, few questions for anyone who knows, is there no support for auv3 effects? And also how do I play a sample chromatically? I figured out how to import samples, but for example if I wanted to import a 808 and have it played with the keyboard for different pitches?

• Well well, an update to iMPC Pro 2 just dropped but it feels like it's a real 'rush update' and/or a wrong build was uploaded?!

The compressor settings are missing on the mixer page and when moving the master slider the graphics is well, not properly updated so I get two handles :sunglasses:

(iPad Air 2, iPadOS15.2.1).

Don't know if any forum members were on this beta?

Cheers!

• @Samu said:
    Well well, an update to iMPC Pro 2 just dropped but it feels like it's a real 'rush update' and/or a wrong build was uploaded?!

The compressor settings are missing on the mixer page and when moving the master slider the graphics is well, not properly updated so I get two handles :sunglasses:

(iPad Air 2, iPadOS15.2.1).

Don't know if any forum members were on this beta?

Cheers!

Would love to see it become MPC 2.10 and work like the desktop software with MPC hardware controller mode and full AU integration so I could pair my MPC One.

• No update yet for phone version. Not sure if it has the same problem.