Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What Do You Think Of This Piano Emulation?

edited June 2019 in Other

Comments

• It’s got the Kawai keybed and sensors inside this beast!

• edited June 2019

@[Deleted User] ... yes, but the sound?

Just checked the keyboard out. A grand more than the Kawai MP11se.... for a lesser Kawai action. The downloadable library is impressive, however.

• The playing is great but there are some strange resonances. So I’m not sure. I do lust for this machine. I am a pianoteq convert so I would probably use this Nord grand as one of the most expensive midi controllers on the market😉

I could never afford this machine though 😢

• edited June 2019

@[Deleted User], yes great playing and I love the hairy head. Of course, I instantly wanted it, too! But the action, I believe, is the same as the VPC1 and, for me, it was too stiff. Much prefer the grand feel action of the 11. Also, it’s touch control is very limited for onboard sounds. Only three possibilities. There are five on the 11 plus a customizing feature. PianoTeq et. Al. offers computer velocity settings.

For me there seemed an imbalance between the bass and treble. Almost like two different instruments.

What keybd do you have now, Trevor? A used MP11 could probably be gotten for $1500 or less.

• edited June 2019

Yeah, I have an outdated Yamaha yd 181 I believe. It been solid and still working but my playing has improved over the years and I like to get the kawai with the grand action feel. Like you said there is the MP11 and I also look at the ca series too. Also I think about buying a real piano. It hard to justify financially my friend.

• Sounds a bit like Sampletekk's White Grand put into a different room using convolution reverb.

• Definitely reverby.

• What we have for piano on IOS is good enough for me.

The biggest investment needs to be on head and hands. When I get these YouTube links I find new gems:

Big lesson at 2:38 when she shows that the best guitar pick for a cool tone might just be the end of your finger... Jeff Beck uses the same brand of plectrum.

If we're going to break the IOS spell consider what you could accomplish with a desktop running Logic Pro
    or an new $10,000 Mac Pro that support a thousand tracks when fully decked out.

• NOTE: I do want to high-jack this hardware focused thread and get people thinking about making music and not buying hardware to become a true proficient.

Only one instrument is used on the Jacob Collier video and we all have it as a stock feature of our DNA.

• I definitely don’t think hardware will make people better musicians. Hard work is the only way. If I had the money I buy a Steinway model D though 😉

• I’m not suggesting folks buy this Nord. It was being touted on a PianoWorld thread and I listened. At first I thought it was great. Then I found it uneven. The bass was in distinct but the mid treble excellent, I thought. Just checking my ears.

• @McD
    I agree 100%.

• Is it synthesis or samples?

• @LinearLineman said:
    I’m not suggesting folks buy this Nord. It was being touted on a PianoWorld thread and I listened. At first I thought it was great. Then I found it uneven. The bass was in distinct but the mid treble excellent, I thought. Just checking my ears.

Good ears then as it does sound a bit weird. I though maybe bad pedaling on those minor seconds plus the reverb. Not a patch on pianoteq. You should try it.

• @knewspeak, samples, I believe, as the files are quite large. @[Deleted User], I would like to but no computer here in Istanbul.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @knewspeak, samples, I believe, as the files are quite large. @[Deleted User], I would like to but no computer here in Istanbul.

The large size would most certainly suggest samples. Thanks.

• Nord pianos have a certain ‘sheen’ to them which some perceive as sounding ‘plasticky’. I don’t mind the sound at all and actually prefer it to to multi-gigabyte sounds found in the somewhat sterile sounding Kronos. But I can understand how that particular sound can become tiresome after years of ownership.

I do also find it interesting that Nord promote features commonly found in 90’s rompers as if it’s some sort of ground-breaking tech and then charge you a premium for it.

Nevertheless it’s impressive what they’ve managed to do with just 200 odd MB’s of samples.

• @mcd, I have heard Jacob Collier before and didn’t realize it. Absolutely wonderful. Let us not forget Johnny Mercer.

• Check this out. So much going on. @daveypoo... the five string bass.

• @onkey, good to hear from you... so they are samples, but I was mistaken about the footprint... @knewspeak, once again right buy wrong,

• @LinearLineman said:
    @onkey, good to hear from you... so they are samples, but I was mistaken about the footprint... @knewspeak, once again right buy wrong,

Yep, it seems the total piano library is 2GB and typically each sample set is just 200-300MB. Sounds can be loaded into previous models so that makes sense.