Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Binaural Location by Ngo Minh Ngoc

Comments

• Thanks for those suggestions. Especially the tempo sync.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:
    As usual, we will offer a promo code to anyone who will post a video on YouTube demonstrating the plugin.

slight ‘catch22’ in that? unless you mean a code for any other of yr plug ins :)

We will give the code before you make the video. You could cheat us by asking for a code and then not making a video, but we hope that you will play honestly.

Well, I went with the honest “purchase from the appstore” approach :)
    UNFORTUNATELY I won’t be making any video demos any time soon as the app doesn’t show up in either Cubasis2.8 or Apematrix , the two places i would use it?
    tried a reboot, and also a reboot then a re-install of the app... only the desktop icon is visible and openable to the instuction page!!?
    yr Stereo Lag app is visible in both environments.. so I don’t know how to proceed from here.
    ipad pro 10.5” ios 11.4.1

• Hm... This happens quite frequently, but this is the first time I have heard of it not being resolved by rebooting the iPad.

• edited June 2019

Weird it not showing up for some, all the DAWs mentioned I own and the app showing up in all of them as a effect. Maybe it’s a iOS version problem?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Weird it not showing up for some, all the DAWs mentioned I own and the app showing up in all of them as a effect.

I guess you're running an up-to-date iOS version on your devices right?

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Weird it not showing up for some, all the DAWs mentioned I own and the app showing up in all of them as a effect.

@Samu Yes latest iOS 12.3.1

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

Thought so :)

I mean there will be no AUv3 related fixes to older iOS versions so if AUv3 functionality is important to a user they should keep their device up-to-date before complaining, but that's just me...

• @Blue_Mangoo said:
    Hm... This happens quite frequently, but this is the first time I have heard of it not being resolved by rebooting the iPad.

tried a few more reboots, including one with the stand alone open... nothing! FYI, it doesn’t appear in other au locations either, ferrite, auria pro, twisted wave, meteor..
    what’s to do?

• @RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:
    Hm... This happens quite frequently, but this is the first time I have heard of it not being resolved by rebooting the iPad.

tried a few more reboots, including one with the stand alone open... nothing! FYI, it doesn’t appear in other au locations either, ferrite, auria pro, twisted wave, meteor..
    what’s to do?

Update to iOS12.3.1?

• @Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

what’s to do?

Update to iOS12.3.1?

not happening until Samplr record input gets fixed... central part of my live set up...

• @RockySmalls said:
    UNFORTUNATELY I won’t be making any video demos any time soon as the app doesn’t show up in either Cubasis2.8 or Apematrix , the two places i would use it?

Weird - it shows up just fine for me in both Cubasis 2.8 & apeMatrix...

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

just tried installing it on my older 9.7 pro.. on ios 10.3 for legacy app reasons..
    no joy there either, reboot etc etc...
    yr App is SO locational that it won’t come here to Eccles!! :)

• @Daveypoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

dear sir, please state your ios version, pin number and sort code...

• @RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

just tried installing it on my older 9.7 pro.. on ios 10.3 for legacy app reasons..

If this is an iOS error then there is probably nothing we can do from our side. You might be better off applying to Apple for a refund.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

p.s. this is literally the first time this has ever happened to me... so congrats on that! :)

• edited June 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

p.s. this is literally the first time this has ever happened to me... so congrats on that! :)

I remember something similar with one of our previous apps. Customers were complaining and we were searching for solutions but then an iOS update came out and suddenly all was ok.

It’s strange though... since we released our Compressor Audio Unit earlier this week not one customer has complained about not seeing it in the list. If it were strictly an iOS issue then we should have seen someone report a similar problem with our other plugin.

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

If this is an iOS error then there is probably nothing we can do from our side. You might be better off applying to Apple for a refund.

that would deeply sadden me... and i can’t imagine that yr app can’t work on my system considering the hundreds of au’s on there that do..
    go deep,
    might be something simple... for instance, yr apps don’t show in the settings app and don’t appear to have a microphone ‘permission’ setting, opening the stand alone doesn’t ask for it either when 99% of apps do
    could it be something to do with that? just a stab in the dark..

• edited June 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

that would deeply sadden me... and i can’t imagine that yr app can’t work on my system considering the hundreds of au’s on there that do..
    go deep,
    might be something simple... for instance, yr apps don’t show in the settings app and don’t appear to have a microphone ‘permission’ setting, opening the stand alone doesn’t ask for it either when 99% of apps do

I agree that it seems unlikely that so many other apps work fine and this one doesn’t, if it truly is an iOS issue.

Our app doesn’t ask for permission to use the mic because it doesn’t work as a standalone app; it’s au3 only. I will talk to the other devs on my staff about this when we get back to work on Monday. Perhaps there is something we did wrong somewhere.

I half expect it to just start working spontaneously one of the next times your iPad reboots.

• @RockySmalls said:

@Daveypoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

dear sir, please state your ios version, pin number and sort code...

Latest iOS

PIN is 1234

Sort code is NO THANKS

;)

• @Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

I mean there will be no AUv3 related fixes to older iOS versions so if AUv3 functionality is important to a user they should keep their device up-to-date before complaining, but that's just me...

yes.. that is just you..
    and mentioning to a dev that their newly released app that states ios 10 and upwards in the description is entirely invisible is complaining!!?
    w..what now? :)

• edited June 2019

@RockySmalls said:

I dont think that strict AUv3 only apps require the microphone permission.

If i were you I would do a uninstal-reboot- install- reboot - then -try -again process. Its a great app, hope you get it sorted!

• edited June 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

yes.. that is just you..
    and mentioning to a dev that their newly released app that states ios 10 and upwards in the description is entirely invisible is complaining!!?

it’s not unreasonable. I don’t take it as a negative complaint either. Reporting bugs to the developer is helpful. Giving one star ratings without even contacting the developer is what I call a negative form of complaining. We did say it works down to iOS 10. And we still don’t know why it isn’t showing up in the list. Wait until I can discuss it with the rest of my team members, if you want to wait. Or ask for a refund if not. Sorry

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

go deep,

I agree that it seems unlikely that so many other apps work fine and this one doesn’t, if it truly is an iOS issue.

Our app doesn’t ask for permission to use the mic because it doesn’t work as a standalone app; it’s au3 only. I will talk to the other devs on my staff about this when we get back to work on Monday. Perhaps there is something we did wrong somewhere.

I half expect it to just start working spontaneously one of the next times your iPad reboots.

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

go deep,

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Blue_Mangoo said:

go deep,

yes, I have my fingers crossed for that too.. there’s been quite a few apps released recently but this is the first one in a month or two that fulfills a function i actually want and got me digging into my app store credit.. so no refunds just yet.. I’m guessing I won’t be the only one getting this issue.. so I’ll hold out for a fix or miracle or ... er... deafness in one ear rendering me binaural blind :)

• @Hmtx said:

@RockySmalls said:

I dont think that strict AUv3 only apps require the microphone permission.

If i were you I would do a uninstal-reboot- install- reboot - then -try -again process. Its a great app, hope you get it sorted!

thanks, i will persist.. i’m a binaural kind of guy ;-)

• @Blue_Mangoo said:
    @jwmmakerofmusic

@Mayo said:
    @Blue_Mangoo - Any idea how to get this showing in AUM?
    It is invisible !!

This happens sometimes with new plugins. Please try powering down your iPad and rebooting. If that doesn’t fix it, please reply back here.

I tried that, didn't work. Reinstalled it, and it didn't work. It doesn't show up in AUM nor Nanostudio 2. I don't understand. Unless @Jumpercollins is using an iPad that doesn't default to a 48000 sample rate. I use an iPad Pro 11". I really need this to work mate. Nothing quite as awesome as surround panning when crafting ambient.

• Definitely having fun with this plug-in. Thanks for creating something which allows us to break up our sonic space in new and interesting ways :)

• @Blue_Mangoo said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Samu said:

@Jumpercollins said:

yes.. that is just you..

it’s not unreasonable. I don’t take it as a negative complaint either. Reporting bugs to the developer is helpful. Giving one star ratings without even contacting the developer is what I call a negative form of complaining. We did say it works down to iOS 10. And we still don’t know why it isn’t showing up in the list. Wait until I can discuss it with the rest of my team members, if you want to wait. Or ask for a refund if not. Sorry

yes, exactly, and i do understand that a big ‘issue’ discussion in the launch thread is not so helpful in getting people off the fence and buying the app.. so sorry about that,, shame it’s the weekend and solutions might be delayed a little..
    i’ll go back to the de-install, reboot cycle after tea...

• Yep, just found the magic fix - updating to 12.3.1. That sucks, because not everyone can afford to update lest the apps central to their workflow break.

• edited June 2019

Tea for all, good plan.

For the record, I’m on 2017 iPad Pro 12.7 with iOS 12.2 and its working great in AUM and AB3.

• edited June 2019

I am curious also. Maybe we will see a comparison soon.

@cuscolima said:

@gusgranite said:
    I wonder how it compares to Virtual Room?

+1. Is it better?