Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MakeNoise OCoast-Lifeform desktop - or Mother 32?

2»

Comments

• A wrench in the works... AE Modular systems are seriously impressive for the scratch.

• I would like to say, go for Mother 32 first, then combine it with a DFAM -- like I did :smile:

Mother 32 is an amazing synth. First of all, it is a Moog and sounds amazing.

• Each module is top notch and it has everything for starting.
    • An oscillator with veeery high range of frequency, square (with PWM!) and saw waves,
    • ladder filter (self resonating, you can use it like an osc as well),
    • AD envelope generator with sustain switch (also decay is controlling release as well),
    • an amazing LFO which can go up to audible ranges,
    • 32-step sequencer with swing, ratchet, accent and gate controls for each step.
    • You also have a 64-pattern bank where you can save your sequences.
    • It has MIDI input port, it clocks with Ableton directly.
    • And a patchbay with 32 patch points which is awesome, you can modulate pretty much anything.
    • It has a multiplier, vc mixer (you can use it like attenuator) and an assignable port that you can send clock, MIDI CC messages or random voltage etc.

I love this machine, its very hackable and I'm most likely discovering new hidden tricks every time I fire it up.
    And if you think about buying those modules separately, Mother 32 is like a steal.
    The only downside is, you kinda need to pair it with a DFAM unit which is totally worth it. Absolutely amazing and special synth.

You can also consider Behringer Neutron, it's a cool synth as well.

• @syrupcore said:

Great tutorial and he makes it sound very good.

• @syrupcore said:
    A wrench in the works... AE Modular systems are seriously impressive for the scratch.

$$$?

• @cem_olcay said:
    I would like to say, go for Mother 32 first, then combine it with a DFAM -- like I did :smile:

Mother 32 is an amazing synth. First of all, it is a Moog and sounds amazing.

• Each module is top notch and it has everything for starting.
    • An oscillator with veeery high range of frequency, square (with PWM!) and saw waves,
    • ladder filter (self resonating, you can use it like an osc as well),
    • AD envelope generator with sustain switch (also decay is controlling release as well),
    • an amazing LFO which can go up to audible ranges,
    • 32-step sequencer with swing, ratchet, accent and gate controls for each step.
    • You also have a 64-pattern bank where you can save your sequences.
    • It has MIDI input port, it clocks with Ableton directly.
    • And a patchbay with 32 patch points which is awesome, you can modulate pretty much anything.
    • It has a multiplier, vc mixer (you can use it like attenuator) and an assignable port that you can send clock, MIDI CC messages or random voltage etc.

I love this machine, its very hackable and I'm most likely discovering new hidden tricks every time I fire it up.
    And if you think about buying those modules separately, Mother 32 is like a steal.
    The only downside is, you kinda need to pair it with a DFAM unit which is totally worth it. Absolutely amazing and special synth.

You can also consider Behringer Neutron, it's a cool synth as well.

It's very good (Mother 32) but IMO too fixed/normalled in ways you can't break.

What I love about the O Coast is it can be used like something that is "fully modular." You can completely break the normalled routing.

• Not played them personally, but they seem seriously cool for the cash.

• Something to consider, IMO, is that there are pretty impressive emulations of Moog-sounding synths on your iPad but (at least to my ear) there isn’t a synth on the iPad that is as successful at emulating the 0-Coast or Buchla vibe as well as the best subtractive synth emulations.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    Something to consider, IMO, is that there are pretty impressive emulations of Moog-sounding synths on your iPad but (at least to my ear) there isn’t a synth on the iPad that is as successful at emulating the 0-Coast or Buchla vibe as well as the best subtractive synth emulations.

This. Subtractive synths are snooze, just kidding. But yeah, at this point, I've decided the only hardware I want is that which can't / hasn't been emulated in software or hardware clones; most of which I have in software already. 😬

• @waynerowand said:

Not played them personally, but they seem seriously cool for the cash.

So total you have what as far as semi/mod boxes?

The DFAM and the 2 Pitts?

That is a dynamite set up for that approach for real.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@waynerowand said:

Mother instead of the DFAM. Trying to convince myself not to rack them......Can’t. Go. Down. That. Rabbit. Hole.

• @waynerowand said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@waynerowand said:

Mother instead of the DFAM. Trying to convince myself not to rack them......Can’t. Go. Down. That. Rabbit. Hole.

What do you use for samples ?

• @RUST( i )K said:

@waynerowand said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@waynerowand said:

What do you use for samples ?

Nothing. Samples have never been part of my music making. Maybe in the future....