Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Vocal Harmonizer AUv3 Plugin by 4Pockets.com

Comments

  • ... and just in time for Father's Day weekend! BOUGHT!

  • Bought it too 😊

  • Instabuy 🙂

  • @oddSTAR said:
    ... and just in time for Father's Day weekend! BOUGHT!

    Ooh, good point!

  • FYI, I just tried it and despite my best efforts it did NOT make me sound like Mariah Carey! I’m keeping the app (because it seriously is fantastic) but I’m returning this skanky dress!!!

  • Does this do auto-tuning to incoming midi-notes?

  • edited June 13

    @Samu said:
    Does this do auto-tuning to incoming midi-notes?

    It does

    Just watch the video ^^ starting at 4min 50sec

  • this thing sounds good on everything. i just ran a synth through it and it sounded really big. very very cool 4pockets.

  • If there is anything better than my glorious voice, IT'S TWO OF THEM.

    Bought.

  • @NoiseHorse said:
    FYI, I just tried it and despite my best efforts it did NOT make me sound like Mariah Carey! I’m keeping the app (because it seriously is fantastic) but I’m returning this skanky dress!!!

    LMAO!!!!!

  • This really does sound fantastic.

    I was just testing in AUM and there seems to be a bug causing latency in the processed signal. It can be fixed by de-activating and reactivating the AUv3 (just swipe left to show the eject button, then swipe right) but the latency comes back after a while. Will have to do some tweaking and more testing.

  • Hey do you folks find any need for DeEssing when you’re using this app? I’m needing some and the 4pockets DeEsser works great with it.

  • @Hmtx said:
    This really does sound fantastic.

    I was just testing in AUM and there seems to be a bug causing latency in the processed signal. It can be fixed by de-activating and reactivating the AUv3 (just swipe left to show the eject button, then swipe right) but the latency comes back after a while. Will have to do some tweaking and more testing.

    Yes. There is a lot of latency which I find unusable. I'm going to ask for a refund.

  • @supadom how does this effect compare to DerVoco?

    I like the pitch shifting in this app, way more natural than VoiceRack FX which was my previous go-to auto tune.

    I think the latency issue is a bug and will get sorted out. When it’s good there is ZERO latency and works great for live singing.

    One thing I noticed, the harmony feature is MONO so you can’t produce a chord. It’s the main note + one harmony.

  • @Hmtx said:
    @supadom how does this effect compare to DerVoco?

    I like the pitch shifting in this app, way more natural than VoiceRack FX which was my previous go-to auto tune.

    I think the latency issue is a bug and will get sorted out. When it’s good there is ZERO latency and works great for live singing.

    One thing I noticed, the harmony feature is MONO so you can’t produce a chord. It’s the main note + one harmony.

    DerVoco just works. Feed it midi and mic and you're set. No latency to mention but of course it's a vocoder and not a harmonizer unless you're trying to pass for a bunch of robots ;). I haven't played with harmonizer much but the latency that I got when first plugged in was enough to make me go yuck. It's good that it goes away on replug but as is I can't use it as I need to be able to recall an AB preset and go rather than going through another step of replugging the plugin. I know it is v1 so I should lower my expectations but I still feel it should have stayed on beta for a while longer.

  • @supadom said:

    @Hmtx said:
    This really does sound fantastic.

    I was just testing in AUM and there seems to be a bug causing latency in the processed signal. It can be fixed by de-activating and reactivating the AUv3 (just swipe left to show the eject button, then swipe right) but the latency comes back after a while. Will have to do some tweaking and more testing.

    Yes. There is a lot of latency which I find unusable. I'm going to ask for a refund.

    Have you tried rebooting the iPad? Sometimes that helps settle new apps.

    I was interested in this one, but latency is a no-go for me, so be interested to hear if it’s still an issue.

  • @supadom said:

    @Hmtx said:
    @supadom how does this effect compare to DerVoco?

    I like the pitch shifting in this app, way more natural than VoiceRack FX which was my previous go-to auto tune.

    I think the latency issue is a bug and will get sorted out. When it’s good there is ZERO latency and works great for live singing.

    One thing I noticed, the harmony feature is MONO so you can’t produce a chord. It’s the main note + one harmony.

    DerVoco just works. Feed it midi and mic and you're set. No latency to mention but of course it's a vocoder and not a harmonizer unless you're trying to pass for a bunch of robots ;). I haven't played with harmonizer much but the latency that I got when first plugged in was enough to make me go yuck. It's good that it goes away on replug but as is I can't use it as I need to be able to recall an AB preset and go rather than going through another step of replugging the plugin. I know it is v1 so I should lower my expectations but I still feel it should have stayed on beta for a while longer.

    I suggest reporting it to the developer that way he will no about the issue and be able to address it.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    Have you tried rebooting the iPad? Sometimes that helps settle new apps.

    I was interested in this one, but latency is a no-go for me, so be interested to hear if it’s still an issue.

    guilty 😫 in my haste I downloaded and plugged into AUM immediately.

    Will report back after a reboot.

  • @NoiseHorse said:
    FYI, I just tried it and despite my best efforts it did NOT make me sound like Mariah Carey! I’m keeping the app (because it seriously is fantastic) but I’m returning this skanky dress!!!

    The winner :)

  • I have had great fun and cool results using this inside AUM and not just for vocals at it sounds great for processing beats. I’m using an iPad Air 2 and didn’t notice any latency or if I did, I liked what I was hearing 🙂. I would recommend playing and adjusting all of the settings until you achieve the sound you like . This can monitor incoming audio or MIDI.

  • Have just purchased this, trying to use it in cubasis and all I get is cracklefest ? Project is 44.1K 16 bit .. latency in Cubasis set to medium. iOS 12.4 IPad Air 2.
    Is anyone using this succesfully in Cubasis ?

  • edited September 12

    Is the latency issue fixed? Also, what is the min/max semitone range? I need +/- 12. Can it be used easily with wet signal and no scale autotune at all, like a classic pitch shifter?

    Edit: updates history mention speed optimisations.

  • @Janosax said:
    Is the latency issue fixed? Also, what is the min/max semitone range? I need +/- 12. Can it be used easily with wet signal and no scale autotune at all, like a classic pitch shifter?

    Edit: updates history mention speed optimisations.

    I just got this the other day.
    +/- 12 semitones is the range. Just semitones, no cents.
    You can turn the auto tune off with the Autotune knob set to 0%.
    It also has a wet/dry mix knob, if that is what you were asking.

    I really like the doubler effect this has as a sort of bonus feature.

  • edited September 12

    @CracklePot said:

    @Janosax said:
    Is the latency issue fixed? Also, what is the min/max semitone range? I need +/- 12. Can it be used easily with wet signal and no scale autotune at all, like a classic pitch shifter?

    Edit: updates history mention speed optimisations.

    I just got this the other day.
    +/- 12 semitones is the range. Just semitones, no cents.
    You can turn the auto tune off with the Autotune knob set to 0%.
    It also has a wet/dry mix knob, if that is what you were asking.

    I really like the doubler effect this has as a sort of bonus feature.

    Thanks for info. Just bought it, interesting but unfortunately too much latency for live playing. Their pitch shift AU has 100ms latency mentioned in AppStore description, but this one was described as real-time effect. Had some hope :(

  • @AndyPlankton said:
    Have just purchased this, trying to use it in cubasis and all I get is cracklefest ? Project is 44.1K 16 bit .. latency in Cubasis set to medium. iOS 12.4 IPad Air 2.
    Is anyone using this succesfully in Cubasis ?

    I just posted in another thread ... but you got the right word cracklefest ...

    Same here in Cubasis , iPad Pro 2017

  • @hisdudeness said:

    @AndyPlankton said:
    Have just purchased this, trying to use it in cubasis and all I get is cracklefest ? Project is 44.1K 16 bit .. latency in Cubasis set to medium. iOS 12.4 IPad Air 2.
    Is anyone using this succesfully in Cubasis ?

    I just posted in another thread ... but you got the right word cracklefest ...

    Same here in Cubasis , iPad Pro 2017

    It is working for me now....there was an iOS update that happened just after I was getting the issue, which I installed, don't know if it was the iOS update or the reboot during the update that fixed it for me, try a reboot if you haven't already.

  • Is this better than the Virsyn equivalent(s)?

Sign In or Register to comment.