Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Is It Magic?

2»

Comments

• @LinearLineman said:
    I don't think the magic is lost @knewspeak. It just pops up somewhere else in this universe or its' parallels.

I agree, I think it’s inherent in all aspects of creation.

• @Hmtx said:
    Sorry but no.

It is all just 01001110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01100011

Pixelated or smooth or both?
    Wave or particle or both?
    It’s all information and all interconnected.

• Imagine a boundary of possibility which I shall refer to as the ‘Possibility Horizon’, which demarcates the limit of all that is possible, and beyond is the impossible. Anything described inside the Possibility Horizon is possible. It is merely an envelope around that which is possible. It doesn’t itself make it possible, it is simply drawing a line around the possibilities, to include them all. It isn’t a static horizon, it is a functional description of strategic truth in that, for example, if A and then B are done, later X becomes possible but Y is still impossible, whereas if B and then A are done, Y becomes possible while X is still impossible, and so on. Both would be true statements in what is a complex functional description of the boundary of possibility.

Now imagine another boundary, the limit of your agency in life – what you think you can do in terms of interaction into reality, in relation to a quantified return of the effect of your actions. Are you able to perform an action and it gives the result you anticipated it would do? Most of our life experiences are seen through the window of the thwarting of our agency. Much of our actions in the world of reality are met with not the results we imagined they would bring, but something else. It’d be quite nice if we got what we wanted a bit more. It’d be quite satisfying to perform an action and not get something irrelevant or lesser or disappointing, but what we intended all along. Our Agency Envelope is that limit. Either it is flexible and we can push it to become more in line with our anticipated predictions, or we can trend toward limiting and curtailing our actions to minimise incorrect results, making it seem like most of what we do reaps intended results.

As for the third leg of the triangle…