Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 2.8 and Summer Sale available

1235»

Comments

• I knew that someone here would get me.

• @MobileMusic said:

@ecou said:
    Great update! Thank you!

It would be very useful if any auv3 window could be made floating and to stay open on top while tweaking between cubasis and the auv3 window. I would save me lots of go between.

AU panel can be made to remain open on the bottom (or top if they keyboard is open). Just tap the instrument icon on the left in track or the inspector on the left most to open the AU window. However, when the Mixer is open, it replaces the keyboard, AU and other panels that are in the bottom and the AU cannot be left open even on the upper half while Mixer is open.

@LFS I reported this before - please open panels in whichever section is empty without overloading existing panels. If the upper half is empty and we tap the Mixer/Keyboard/Drums icon, they should open in the upper half (but currently, Mixer/Keyboard always open in the lower half only). We could screen capture a keyboard and mixer playback animation in a single clip if it is allowed to keep them open at the same time.

I tried what you said. I opened the keyboard on the bottom. Then opened the Au synth on top. With bothopened I Then clicked mixer icon, both the keyboard and Au closed to open mixer on bottom.

• edited June 2019

@ecou said:

@MobileMusic said:

@ecou said:
    Great update! Thank you!

It would be very useful if any auv3 window could be made floating and to stay open on top while tweaking between cubasis and the auv3 window. I would save me lots of go between.

AU panel can be made to remain open on the bottom (or top if they keyboard is open). Just tap the instrument icon on the left in track or the inspector on the left most to open the AU window. However, when the Mixer is open, it replaces the keyboard, AU and other panels that are in the bottom and the AU cannot be left open even on the upper half while Mixer is open.

@LFS I reported this before - please open panels in whichever section is empty without overloading existing panels. If the upper half is empty and we tap the Mixer/Keyboard/Drums icon, they should open in the upper half (but currently, Mixer/Keyboard always open in the lower half only). We could screen capture a keyboard and mixer playback animation in a single clip if it is allowed to keep them open at the same time.

I tried what you said. I opened the keyboard on the bottom. Then opened the Au synth on top. With bothopened I Then clicked mixer icon, both the keyboard and Au closed to open mixer on bottom.

It would have been nice for the Au to stay opened on top and the mixer to replace the keyboard on bottom.

• @ExAsperis99 ...Fhrankenshtine... not NEOvalTINES.

• @ecou said:

@ecou said:

@MobileMusic said:

@ecou said:
    Great update! Thank you!

It would have been nice for the Au to stay opened on top and the mixer to replace the keyboard on bottom.

Yep, Mixer closes all other panels - keyboard, AU, etc. @LFS

• @LinearLineman said:
    @ExAsperis99 ...Fhrankenshtine... not NEOvalTINES.

PURE brilliance.

• Only Cloris and Terri left from that great cast... and Mel, I think? I guess he would be 2050'or thereabouts?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Only Cloris and Terri left from that great cast... and Mel, I think? I guess he would be 2050'or thereabouts?

Cloris Leachman is still alive!! damn those hollywood dames get a good innings..

• @LinearLineman said:
    Only Cloris and Terri left from that great cast... and Mel, I think? I guess he would be 2050'or thereabouts?

Mel's still around - still has dinner with Carl Reiner every night. He's a personal hero of mine - love that guy.

Brilliant, brilliant men.

• Does Cubasis is have a hard time with consistent time control? It seems to slow and get a little off. Run gen 1 12.9 iPad Pro.

• @Breezee said:
    Does Cubasis is have a hard time with consistent time control? It seems to slow and get a little off. Run gen 1 12.9 iPad Pro.

I do seem to get sync issues, particularly when looping small ranges.

• @Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

Mel's still around - still has dinner with Carl Reiner every night. He's a personal hero of mine - love that guy.

apparently Cloris is 1 year older than Mel!
    i wonder how she felt about them using her name in Silence of the Lambs? no .. wait.. that’s Clarice! though he pronounces it how i imagine you would pronounce Cloris somehow :)

• @Daveypoo said:

@LinearLineman said:

i’m imagining the Cubasis dev team at this age discussing what to slip into the latest V 17.9 update

• Hi all,

Here and then I often read questions about how to transfer projects and data between Cubasis and Cubase.

A while ago, our great friend Dom Sigalas sampled a sporting car using a UR interface and Cubasis, transferred the data to Cubase AI using the free Cubasis Project Importer, and finally converted everything to a HALion sample set...

Here is the clip...

Transfering the Samples From Cubasis To Cubase AI | Recording and Sampling a Super Car

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:
    Hi all,

Here and then I often read questions about how to transfer projects and data between Cubasis and Cubase.

A while ago, our great friend Dom Sigalas sampled a sporting car using a UR interface and Cubasis, transferred the data to Cubase AI using the free Cubasis Project Importer, and finally converted everything to a HALion sample set...

Here is the clip...

Transfering the Samples From Cubasis To Cubase AI | Recording and Sampling a Super Car

Best,
    Lars

Hi Lars,

If I was to work with a friend who as desktop Cubase would it be possible to send the session back and forth between cubasis and cubase?

• @ecou said:

@LFS said:

Hi Lars,

If I was to work with a friend who as desktop Cubase would it be possible to send the session back and forth between cubasis and cubase?

Hi ecou,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible to import Cubasis projects to Cubase via the Cubasis Importer.

While there is no direct way to load Cubase projects with Cubasis, it is possible to export MIDI and audio files from Cubase, to be imported with Cubasis.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• Hi!
    I am a user of FabFilter plugins.
    Are there any plans to add sidechain support for auv3 in Cubasis?

• @LFS I think I've bumped into a minor bug with Cubasis being a bit senile and forgetting some settings between launches.

Seems like Cubasis doesn't 'remember' the Mixdown settings between launches but rather defaults to...

Mixdown between locators = OFF
    Include effect tail = ON
    Create separate files for tracks = OFF
    Normalise = OFF

So, I can temporarily disable 'Include effects tail' and enable 'Mixdown between locators' but the next time I launch Cubasis the values are reset...

And please do consider adding an option to the audio editor to select the start & end of the audio-event as it is on the time-line. This would save some time when editing audio and especially handy when there is a need to trim the clip and later save it to media bay.

Other audio related improvements would be to have a 'list of audio files in the current session' (This could be an extra tab in the media bay called 'Current Project'. This would make it easier to re-use audio clips in a project by dragging them to other places in the arrangement without fear of duplicating them which happens when you drag files from media bay to the arranger.

Maybe the above is already being evaluated but since we don't know what's cooking for the future versions of Cubasis I share my thoughts openly here in the forums. (This way other users can fill in their thoughts as well).

Other than than I'm enjoying Cubasis and that's what counts in the end :)
    Cheers!

• edited June 2019

@Samu said:
    @LFS I think I've bumped into a minor bug with Cubasis being a bit senile and forgetting some settings between launches.

Seems like Cubasis doesn't 'remember' the Mixdown settings between launches but rather defaults to...

Include effect tail = ON
    Normalise = OFF

So, I can temporarily disable 'Include effects tail' and enable 'Mixdown between locators' but the next time I launch Cubasis the values are reset...

And please do consider adding an option to the audio editor to select the start & end of the audio-event as it is on the time-line. This would save some time when editing audio and especially handy when there is a need to trim the clip and later save it to media bay.

Other audio related improvements would be to have a 'list of audio files in the current session' (This could be an extra tab in the media bay called 'Current Project'. This would make it easier to re-use audio clips in a project by dragging them to other places in the arrangement without fear of duplicating them which happens when you drag files from media bay to the arranger.

Maybe the above is already being evaluated but since we don't know what's cooking for the future versions of Cubasis I share my thoughts openly here in the forums. (This way other users can fill in their thoughts as well).

Other than than I'm enjoying Cubasis and that's what counts in the end :)
    Cheers!

@LFS I concur with samu on this one.. it is a BIG annoyance having to go into settings each time you open Cubasis and reset the ‘tail/ between locators’ and now also the freeze between locators ( i ALWAYS want that one on, and p.s. thank you so much for facilitating it )
    would be great if:
    a) settings remained the same when set ( the clue is in the word “settings” :)
    or b) the settings were remembered specifically for each project so we only do this once for each.

the other two points Samu mentions I would also give a +1 to..

• @RockySmalls said:

@Samu said:
    @LFS I think I've bumped into a minor bug with Cubasis being a bit senile and forgetting some settings between launches.

Include effect tail = ON
    Normalise = OFF

Added to the list and shared with the team...

Best,
    Lars

• @Breezee said:
    Does Cubasis is have a hard time with consistent time control? It seems to slow and get a little off. Run gen 1 12.9 iPad Pro.

@AudioGus said:

@Breezee said:

I do seem to get sync issues, particularly when looping small ranges.

I don't know how often I've seen different Cubasis users describing this bug, but the developer team seems to have an especially hard time fixing this one, although they know just about any detail required to fix it.
    Funnily, Cubasis works better on my old and first gen iPad 1 in this regard :o

• @rs2000 said:
    I don't know how often I've seen different Cubasis users describing this bug, but the developer team seems to have an especially hard time fixing this one, although they know just about any detail required to fix it.

literally years have gone by without fix...

• @LFS said:

@ecou said:

@LFS said:

Hi Lars,

Hi ecou,

Thanks for your message.

It is possible to import Cubasis projects to Cubase via the Cubasis Importer.

While there is no direct way to load Cubase projects with Cubasis, it is possible to export MIDI and audio files from Cubase, to be imported with Cubasis.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

Thank you for the answer. It help a lot.

• LFSLFS
    edited July 2019

Cubasis 2.8.1 maintenance update available

Dear all,

Cubasis is known for profound features paired with outstanding usability.
    To assure that nothing blocks your creative flow, we've devised to release Cubasis 2.8.1 adressing the following issues:

• CB-4655 Importing a sample into MiniSampler in a Cubasis project that is set to a sample rate of 48 kHz or 96 kHz, no longer leads to wrong pitch.
    • CB-4656 Sharing projects that include MiniSampler user instruments, now include the associated MiniSampler instrument file.

Please note that our Summer Sale promo is available until July 3, 2019.
    Enjoy 50% off Cubasis 2 and all all in-app purchases!

Please support us, by rating Cubasis on the App Store!
    Your feedback is valuable and helps us to further develop and improve our app!

Best wishes,
    Lars