Looking for a cc sequencer with "fugue machine" like capabilities.

I know I could just use a midi converter, but perhaps there are more options out there.

Polyphase seems like a good option.
Atom will eventually get there.
Aphelian...
Quantum...

Oh well, I might have answered myself already...

Comments

• Apart from using Fugue Machine with a note to CC converter, Quantum is probably your best bet. You can run it just outputting CCs from a sequence, or a combo of CC and note data and the sequencing options are tremendous.

The one issue with all of these is that they output discrete steps of CC data. I would love to have a CC sequencer that functions like these, but outputs smooth interpolations of the step points.

No FM-like sequencing, but modstep is still fantastic for drawing arbitrary curves in clips and then being able to trigger those clips on the fly.

• @aplourde said:
    Apart from using Fugue Machine with a note to CC converter, Quantum is probably your best bet. You can run it just outputting CCs from a sequence, or a combo of CC and note data and the sequencing options are tremendous.

The one issue with all of these is that they output discrete steps of CC data. I would love to have a CC sequencer that functions like these, but outputs smooth interpolations of the step points.

No FM-like sequencing, but modstep is still fantastic for drawing arbitrary curves in clips and then being able to trigger those clips on the fly.

Maybe someone will whip up a nice streambyter or Mozaic script that provides s slewing of incoming controller values.

• StepBud

• Is stepbud able to do reverse and change play speed?

• @espiegel123 said:

@aplourde said:
    Apart from using Fugue Machine with a note to CC converter, Quantum is probably your best bet. You can run it just outputting CCs from a sequence, or a combo of CC and note data and the sequencing options are tremendous.

Maybe someone will whip up a nice streambyter or Mozaic script that provides s slewing of incoming controller values.

A slewing script would be great, but ideally this mythical app would have interpolation built-in so that the values interpolate between the set values (so you could hit specific times with specific values) instead of lagging after the receipt of a value change.

If I ever get any serious free time I might try to modify the CC Sequencer patch to be an interpolating CC sequencer in Mozaic (basically an LFO with user-drawn wave shape), but it wouldn't have the Fugue Machine like sequencing controls....

• @Philippe said:
    Is stepbud able to do reverse and change play speed?

Yes

• @Philippe said:
    I know I could just use a midi converter, but perhaps there are more options out there.

Polyphase seems like a good option.
    Atom will eventually get there.
    Aphelian...
    Quantum...

Oh well, I might have answered myself already...

Genome

press record and record knob movements..