Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

T-shirt Designs from all for Doug TSTR https://shop.spreadshirt.de/tobiasrobens/

Comments

• edited June 2019

Proof of concept: the iconic DougMug

Just an idea, someone with the merch know-how could make it happen.

Doug, here’s hoping that all the AB forum love and creativity brings a smile to your heart today
    ... and some tangible help in the weeks ahead.

• @echoopera said:

Love it! Good stuff.

• edited June 2019

@_mwallace @echoopera @animal @Hmtx @thesoundtestroom

my 2 cents / contribution
    colors (colours ;) ) can be adjusted - I just picked something that vibrated.
    feedback?

• edited June 2019

@echoopera said:

Just set the Portrait layer to Screen or Multiply if you want to add background elements to it...the .PSD is already set up as such...and I believe it will import intact into Affinity Designer/Photo.

I'm not a T-Shirt designer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently :)

Just kidding...been a Graphic/UI Designer for 20+ years and just want to help in whatever way I can. Thanks for setting up this thread @animal . :)

I used your file and made a version with a transparent background so it won’t need to be in a box. Here is the link to my revised PSD file. To change the color just make a color layer under the mask.

https://dropbox.com/s/vjjtgj0i6rit0ha/doug-layers-transp.psd?dl=0

• @audiblevideo said:
    @_mwallace @echoopera @animal @Hmtx @thesoundtestroom

my 2 cents / contribution
    colors (colours ;) ) can be adjusted - I just picked something that vibrated.
    feedback?

Nice! That one’s fun too.

• edited June 2019

A little more work …

I'd buy this :smile:

• This is by far the best thread on this forum this week. Loving all of this 🙏🏼💕👊🏼™️👍🏼

• I know nothing about graphic design etc but I really hope you all see this through. I would buy an item and I’m sure a good number of other forumites would too. Nice work!!

• edited June 2019

Beans

Still just a mock-up. Would need to make it 3-color to keep cost down.
    ( pink, gold, middlin-light yellow - type )

Or full four color - depends have to get quotes.

• @audiblevideo Brilliant, I’d buy that 😂😆👌👍

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @audiblevideo Brilliant, I’d buy that 😂😆👌👍

All around effort by everyone

• edited June 2019

i'm assuming doug or jo took the original photo... [?] but since the image was found on google and money will be changing hands you might want to make sure there isn't a photographer out there somewhere that should be credited or allowed input etc before printing these up.

• @AtticusL said:
    Everyone probably just did the same as me, looked at your page and couldn’t find the soundtestroomt-shirt>

...does anybody also experience this? are the designs not found on the spreadshirt page? Or are you talking about the latest concepts (@tk32, @echoopera)? These didn't make it yet, I allowed myself to sleep, walk the dog, test the moment for a bit.... . I am awake now and start the day's work.
    cheers everybody. Let me know, if there are problems. Thanks for the contributions, I'll try to make them available today.

• edited June 2019

@BitterGums said:
    i'm assuming doug or jo took the original photo... [?] but since the image was found on google and money will be changing hands you might want to make sure there isn't a photographer out there somewhere that should be credited or allowed input etc before printing these up.

Regarding the provenance of this photo:

The original image is a still from a video or webcam, which Doug's good friend and collaborator Colin Powell had previously used for an album cover (with some heavy filters and grain applied).

I shared a photoshopped version in the other thread for all to use in which I had removed the background, removed a zit, enhanced the details, and reconstructed a section of hair and beard.

Then @echoopera posted a BeCasso filtered version in this thread that turned Doug's face into squiggly vector lines and everyone seemed to like.

Then @echoopera and @_mwallace and @audiblevideo each had some fun adding colour, text, and different layouts.

In summary... a team effort, and no original photographer who needs crediting.

Original image:

My Photoshop 'enhanced' version:

• @BitterGums said:

I think this is important input. Does anybody know, who was involved in making that picture? ...Doug @thesoundtestroom should know, who was photographing him, I hope...

• ...well since the design seems so popular, I posted it anyways. Used transparent and filled versions, also used @tk32's and @audiblevideo's versions. Did some mugs with the most liked versions (as I understood it, as always, right me please, if I'm wrong!). Doug @thesoundtestroom: I understood all these designs are well liked by you, right?
    I will say it again, too: We need more shops (makes sense to have ones in UK and US also, don't you think?). I realise some people just want one great design, but I think, peoples tastes are different, and the more designs, the more shops, the more sales for Doug. My two cents, anyways... .
    ...if anybody knows about the possible author of that one Photograph of Doug, PLEASE still let me know about possible infringements!, thank you.
    Cheers, and thanks to all contributors, t

• allright, thanks @tk32 for letting me know, just read your post. All the better then, the designs are online.

• edited June 2019

Just to be clear, I took the photo with my iPad, I was going to use it as a thumbnail or something, can’t remember now, anyhoo, Colin saw it and wanted to use it for the album cover of the particular album we were working in at that time, so all is good😎👍

• @tk32 said:

@BitterGums said:

Regarding the provenance of this photo:

The original image is a still from a video or webcam, which Doug's good friend and collaborator Colin Powell had previously used for an album cover (with some heavy filters and grain applied).

I shared a photoshopped version in the other thread for all to use in which I had removed the background, removed a zit, enhanced the details, and reconstructed a section of hair and beard.

Then @echoopera posted a BeCasso filtered version in this thread that turned Doug's face into squiggly vector lines and everyone seemed to like.

Then @echoopera and @_mwallace and @audiblevideo each had some fun adding colour, text, and different layouts.

In summary... a team effort, and no original photographer who needs crediting.

Original image:

My Photoshop 'enhanced' version:

Great job, wow.

• edited June 2019

@animal said:

@AtticusL said:
    Everyone probably just did the same as me, looked at your page and couldn’t find the soundtestroomt-shirt>

...does anybody also experience this? are the designs not found on the spreadshirt page?

Should probably edit your original post to include the spreadshirt link so people don’t have to scroll through all the comments to find it.
    https://shop.spreadshirt.de/tobiasrobens/

• It tested my high school German but I think I managed to get an order through!

• AI cannot distinguish if that is a portrait of Big Brother or Goldstein 🤣 Great stuff. Iconic!

• This is currently the best thread on the forum.

• Awesome @TheVimFuego !!

Hope you don't mind posing for a quick selfie (wearing the t-shirt) when it arrives :)

• edited June 2019

@thesoundtestroom

Doug,

I completely understand if you are too busy with other things - but I definitely think it would be a good idea, at some point, for you to have a go at setting up your own Spreadshirt UK merchandise page so you have full control over the items, designs and prices yourself.

@animal has been extremely generous to get things started, and we are all very grateful for his time and sincerity, but I do think it would help encourage sales if people knew all the profits were going instantly into your own bank/paypal - and without delays.

I'm sure everyone in this thread would happily send you high-res upload-ready graphics so that it would be very simple for you to manage things yourself.

Feel free to use my first design as a test upload to Spreadshirt - you'll be amazed how simple it is to use!

• @tk32 said:
    @thesoundtestroom

Doug,

I completely understand if you are too busy with other things - but I definitely think it would be a good idea, at some point, for you to have a go at setting up your own Spreadshirt UK merchandise page so you have full control over the items, designs and prices yourself.

@animal has been extremely generous to get things started, and we are all very grateful for his time and sincerity, but I do think it would help encourage sales if people knew all the profits were going instantly into your own bank/paypal - and without delays.

I'm sure everyone in this thread would happily send you high-res upload-ready graphics so that it would be very simple for you to manage things yourself.

Feel free to use my first design as a test upload to Spreadshirt - you'll be amazed how simple it is to use!

I second this, very much. It‘s really easy once you get the hang of it. Maybe you (Doug @thesoundtestroom) can find somebody to help you with it around your area... . I don‘t mind doing this, but it would be better overall, if you had your own thing. Whatever I can do to help you set it up, I‘ll do, promise!
    By he way: we got our first sale! Yeah. (Must be @TheVimFuego). Congratulations to your purchase of a great, lifetime-rewarding product!

• @_mwallace said:

Should probably edit your original post to include the spreadshirt link so people don’t have to scroll through all the comments to find it.
    https://shop.spreadshirt.de/tobiasrobens/

Thank you, just did, and also updated the Title for easy find

• Somehow the money earned through this one sale is shown to me as € 7,10!! I‘m trying to find my way around this now (reading all the stuff about spreadshirt-rules), but, if I understand this right, that‘s more than double of what I thought (€ 3,00 for the design), and starts to look pretty alright, don‘t you think, Doug @thesoundtestroom (and everyone interested-)? The more sales, the more percentage you earn, pretty complicated stuff, but maybe we can make it over 26 Sales in this month? (You get another, special thing payed out, when over 26...). I know Iknow, I‘ll be patient and see what happens, just thought I‘d let you know.
    Cheers, t

• @tk32 said:
    Awesome @TheVimFuego !!

Hope you don't mind posing for a quick selfie (wearing the t-shirt) when it arrives :)

I'm ahead of the game, I've started the AtkinsLowCarbKetoPaleo diet in anticipation of being in top shape.

Given the shipping times to Australia I reckon I've got about 6 months to prepare. ;)