Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New midi instrument coming from ROLI.

2»

Comments

• edited June 2019

This looks like painting by numbers in a musical context. Or driving a fancy car which only has a first gear. Might be great fun for a while, but will it get anyone to the next level of musical understanding without changing the device or the approach again? If not, it will end up being nothing more than a toy.

• MPE doesn't require a piano keyboard, it's more expressive than that. Which is what I don't like about the Seaboard. The keys need to be same size to help with playability like Linnstrument, Velocity Keyboard, KB1.

Since I have the latter two, I don't need a Seaboard. From a design perspective, Seaboard is flawed if you're not already a piano player or don't want to be.

There are now better options better to play MPE more expressively.

This on the other hand is a fun and new take on learning and playing a traditional keyboard so I like this more, heh.

• Upon reflection it seems a strange direction for Roli to go. I oleander speak and he was son22nd century! Even the Qwerty keyboard was on the way out. And now they are intona gimmickykind of thing. Does not compute.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Upon reflection it seems a strange direction for Roli to go. I oleander speak and he was son22nd century! Even the Qwerty keyboard was on the way out. And now they are intona gimmickykind of thing. Does not compute.

Did you type that on one of the prototype Qwerty replacements? :)

• @steve99 ... is one available on the iPad? 😉

• @LinearLineman said:
    @steve99 ... is one available on the iPad? 😉

I'm making one out of wine gums that light up and tell you what letter to press.

• Since ROLI owns FXPansion... Would love to see Geist come to iOs.

• I will not take so easy on something has reached the kickstarter in less than a day and overgrown up to 500.000 meanwhile we are talking...
    Fail? Useless?
    mmmm...

• edited June 2019

As a couple others said too, I could care less about the learning angle, but am thrilled to have another portable Roli block with regular keys to complement the seaboard! Adios xkey. Although maybe too pricey to be used for just another midi controller...?

On the other hand, let’s see if I can trip myself out with all the lovely colors lol 😎

• edited December 2019

This arrived for me today, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go and telling you what it's like. Seems like it was a bit of a rush to get any out at all before the end of the year (2 months late) and the software's still in beta, so it'll be interesting to see how polished the experience is at this point. Also, they cancelled the backpacks in the end!

• Im guessing its the new LUMI