Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jinjer: Can we talk about this?

2»

Comments

• @supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

@yowza said:
    Sorry they lost me at the Cookie Monster vocals

This!! (fell over laughing)

I'm not much into pop music personally.

Is this considered pop?

I am getting old.

OK maybe pop is overstating it but it is way too polished for my taste. That's probably what I was going to say.

I agree....all kidding aside....I actually feel great about my own abilities after things like this...

• @RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@supadom said:

@yowza said:
    Sorry they lost me at the Cookie Monster vocals

This!! (fell over laughing)

I'm not much into pop music personally.

Is this considered pop?

I am getting old.

OK maybe pop is overstating it but it is way too polished for my taste. That's probably what I was going to say.

I agree....all kidding aside....I actually feel great about my own abilities after things like this...

Well, actually these guys are technically super proficient. To me it’s way too constructed though. They might as well be robots. I know that many aspire to it though and I guess that’s just another way of making music, which I respect but struggle to identify with.

I think you’re doing pretty well sir Rustik :)

• @RUST( i )K said:

I was listening to this yesterday after the Jinjer ice breaker :lol:
    And Once Human

• edited June 2019

hehe, the older I get everything new seems like self parody

• Initially it feels like a cheap 'Nightwish Ripoff' :D

• I enjoyed the music and the vocals up until she started the growl. Is she using an effects pedal? At first listen I thought, this could work. Sounds very much like some tool or something.

I am all for a little screaming in music but I am not a total metal head. I do love me some Clutch though.

@supadom it is well produced and rehearsed. It is very clean and precise. I think some emotions come across but it does not have that RAWness to it.

Not to change the subject because I think it is relevant to the conversation and the OP. I have been watching a lot of videos on recording lately, mostly early 90s stuff. Warren from Produce like a Pro. Seems most agree that capturing a performance is better than 75 takes comp'ed into 1 perfect track. Maybe punching in at a few spots but other than that leave it alone.

• @Samu said:
    Initially it feels like a cheap 'Nightwish Ripoff' :D

yup

• Here is what I grew up on in a related strain....

• @gmslayton said:
    I enjoyed the music and the vocals up until she started the growl. Is she using an effects pedal? At first listen I thought, this could work. Sounds very much like some tool or something.

I am all for a little screaming in music but I am not a total metal head. I do love me some Clutch though.

@supadom it is well produced and rehearsed. It is very clean and precise. I think some emotions come across but it does not have that RAWness to it.

Not to change the subject because I think it is relevant to the conversation and the OP. I have been watching a lot of videos on recording lately, mostly early 90s stuff. Warren from Produce like a Pro. Seems most agree that capturing a performance is better than 75 takes comp'ed into 1 perfect track. Maybe punching in at a few spots but other than that leave it alone.

Agree

I only use a piano roll 5% time if that.

Only to record the notes for next session but otherwise I live loop/record or multitrack everything these days.

Live energy for me is vital in music.

I think my friend would Supadom would agree to an extent.

I chase the live vibe in all I did so finally said, just fucking do it live dumb ass.......

• @RUST( i )K said:

@gmslayton said:
    I enjoyed the music and the vocals up until she started the growl. Is she using an effects pedal? At first listen I thought, this could work. Sounds very much like some tool or something.

Agree

I only use a piano roll 5% time if that.

Only to record the notes for next session but otherwise I live loop/record or multitrack everything these days.

Live energy for me is vital in music.

I think my friend would Supadom would agree to an extent.

I chase the live vibe in all I did so finally said, just fucking do it live dumb ass.......

Man, my other creative output is a band called Papa Nui. We’ve been around for 3 years and went into a studio to record a four track demo demo. It is still being mastered and I’m already hating it. The songs have evolved and new more exciting tracks appeared out of collaborations. To me tre making is the most exciting part.

The recorded music is like a photograph of a cool party you’ve been to.

Carpe diem baby!

Disclaimer: this is not to say that recorded stuff isn’t useful for promotion etc but god, isn’t it stale?!