iOS musician meet-ups?

Saw that Ableton has this: https://www.ableton.com/en/community/user-groups/

Is there anything similar for iOS music makers? If not, would it be something that could be set up via the wiki? Or are we too rare a species for it to work? I suppose outside of big cities it would be difficult.

Still, I think it would be great to have some real life iOS musician meetings. Possibly even an open-mic kind of scenario (if for no other reason than to have an understanding audience when an app crashes...)

Comments

• @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

• @Daveypoo said:
    @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

And in December. Hoping to have a meetup this summer!

• We should do some sort of annual iOS Musician meetup in Atlanta. There's gotta be at least a hundred iOS musicians in Atlanta on Instagram alone. Now, if we could only get @Brice to do a sound design tutorial at one...

• Sounds fun! I’m a bit too far away to join you though (Ireland). That’s why I was thinking a list on the wiki might work. So that whoever wants to organise something in their area could leave a contact email. Possible wiki article title: “Desperate iOS musicians in your area are waiting to meet you”...

• @johnfromberkeley said:

@Daveypoo said:
    @johnfromberkeley and I had an SF Bay Area meetup a couple years back. It was fun - we should do it again.

And in December. Hoping to have a meetup this summer!

If you're headed someplace for a trip or something, just start a thread here and see if anyone is up for a beer. That's how I got to meet these rather handsome fellows. :)

Of course, same goes for your home town—just start a thread here and see who's around. We did one here in PDX several years ago (like, AB1 days!) and it was quite fun. Did it at a massive not-too-popular brew pub on a weekday night so that we could find a big table near an outlet and use a little jambox without annoying other people.

• @Jhnk said:
    Sounds fun! I’m a bit too far away to join you though (Ireland). That’s why I was thinking a list on the wiki might work. So that whoever wants to organise something in their area could leave a contact email. Possible wiki article title: “Desperate iOS musicians in your area are waiting to meet you”...

Clever, essentially “local chapters.”

• I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

• @Jhnk said:
    Sounds fun! I’m a bit too far away to join you though (Ireland). That’s why I was thinking a list on the wiki might work. So that whoever wants to organise something in their area could leave a contact email. Possible wiki article title: “Desperate iOS musicians in your area are waiting to meet you”...

‘Desperately Seeking Siri’ ;)

• @MonzoPro said:
    I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

I hope you've recorded the session so we can profit from the insights :#

• @rs2000 said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I had one here in Mid Wales a few months back - me, three sheep and a scarecrow. Aside from a row about AU vs IAA, it was a good day.

I hope you've recorded the session so we can profit from the insights :#

I recorded a bit, but they're just bleating on about deprication :(

• @MonzoPro said:
    I recorded a bit, but they're just bleating on about deprication :(

Sounds vaguely familiar....

• @MonzoPro said:

Hope you didn't play any repetitive beats...that would have been classed as a rave and you would have had your ipad confiscated and destroyed !

• @AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Hope you didn't play any repetitive beats...that would have been classed as a rave and you would have had your ipad confiscated and destroyed !

Repetitive bleats?

• @MonzoPro said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@MonzoPro said:

Repetitive bleats?

Bravo :D .... I missed that one

• He got baahed anyway...

• You must've been using BleatMaker 3.

• or Traktor DJ. Alright, I think this has gone farm enough. No more hoe-ribble puns.

• @analog_matt well that's 2 for Atlanta. Not sure of a place to have it though. For free anyway. Reserve a pavilion at a park? Gwinnett has some really awesome parks.