Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Samu said:
    How well does it run on an iPad Air 2 considering the requirements?
    (I'm still on app-spending diet).

Interesting question. I have one laying around as well that maybe I could just use for these coupe big apps.

Samu, is the app 9.99 or is it 9.pp plus more iap? I can't find answer

Just 9.99, the IAPs are 0

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Can anyone confirm it’s only one LFO shared across all 4 layers? I feel like I’m maybe missing a trick as most other params are ‘per layer’?

Just one LFO for all layers

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019
  • It’s advertised as a rompler so I’m not surprised it doesn’t have a ton of LFOs and modulation sources.

• All those effects would be super yummy as individual AUv3 Plug-Ins! :D

• edited June 2019

Just used “Thicker Brass” in a track. As a devoted Preset Man I give my full endorsement to the quality of these sounds. Can’t wait to discover and use more. 512 sample rate a must on iPad Pro2.

@RUST( i )K , inapps included in the purchase price,

• @Samu said:
    All those effects would be super yummy as individual AUv3 Plug-Ins! :D

1+

• Is there a limit on the number of envelopes/LFOs? I agree, some sort of macro modulation would be great but it seems you can set up a modulator for most common parameters. Maybe it will be added in the future or maybe it won't.

Just the sheer number of high quality waveforms is great, and 4 oscillators...wow!

• edited June 2019
  • edited June 2019

In our opinion modulation is easy and incredibly flexible. Tap and Hold on almost any parameter, including all of the effects parameters and assign to either Modwheel, LFO, or Envelope. So yes the out of the box LFO is assigned to all oscillators, but tap+hold to assign anything to anything.

EDIT: They don’t all share the same LFO parameters. You will see a drop down box for all parameters.

• Still having difficulties setting the buffer. Now Pure does not offer choices other than 256. Why that?
    I want to use this app!🤯

• @LinearLineman said:
    Still having difficulties setting the buffer. Now Pure does not offer choices other than 256. Why that?
    I want to use this app!🤯

Disabling the convolution reverb I managed to set it to 128 in AUM without crackles (IPad Pro 1st gen). This is useful for minimizing latency for playing piano sounds, but it makes no much sense for other type of sounds in my opinion.

• @gregsmith said:
    @GospelMusicians

Is universal planned?

@GospelMusicians just in case you missed this...

• This is fantastic.

BUT in NS2 I get freezes when switching to the plugins GUI (say when I’m changing tracks). It spikes the audio buffer into the stratosphere. Long as the GUI doesn’t reload then everything’s cool.

• I’ll shoot a video on the modulations soon....

• Ok, so I am cruising along quite nicely in Cubasis using Pure Synth open nylon guitar (quite beautiful, especially the neck slides) and a second track of EP. At least half an hour problem free. Then all hell breaks loose. The nylon is transformed into the guitarist from hell and try what I may I cannot get it back.
    Buffer size? Not available on the AU, and when I try to adjust it on the stand alone, no options...

So WTF?i love it but if it does not get along with Cubasis I will be forced to return it. Sorry @GospelMusicians, it is a beautiful thing, but both it and BASSalicious are nothing but problematic (for me).

• edited June 2019
  • edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Ok, so I am cruising along quite nicely in Cubasis using Pure Synth open nylon guitar (quite beautiful, especially the neck slides) and a second track of EP. At least half an hour problem free. Then all hell breaks loose. The nylon is transformed into the guitarist from hell and try what I may I cannot get it back.
    Buffer size? Not available on the AU, and when I try to adjust it on the stand alone, no options...

So WTF?i love it but if it does not get along with Cubasis I will be forced to return it. Sorry @GospelMusicians, it is a beautiful thing, but both it and BASSalicious are nothing but problematic (for me).

You can’t adjust buffer size per AU plugin in any host, it’s just one global buffer size for all plugins. In the case of Cubasis go to Setup -> Audio -> Hardware Latency -> and set it to Medium, or eventually Low if it’s a small project, but not to Ultra Low.

• @Rodolfo, this screenshot is from the standalone. I managed to get the patch back by freezing the RC275 track in my project. Is it screaming because of a CPU issue? Thanks for your advice!

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    @Rodolfo, this screenshot is from the standalone. I managed to get the patch back by freezing the RC275 track in my project. Is it screaming because of a CPU issue? Thanks for your advice!

You are using R275 AND Pure Synth Platinum on the same project??? Your CPU must be melting!
    R275 in my experience is causing crackles even in standalone mode, so I don’t believe you will be able to get those two apps working together smoothly, unless you freeze one of them first (as you mentioned).

• edited June 2019

@Rodolfo haha! The wonderful world of iOS! Yes, I use RC275 constantly and, for whatever god given reason, it is totally crackle and problem free for me. I am piano based so I would be disheartened if I could not use my beloved Ravenscroft! Anyway, freezing it saved me. So I guess your analysis is correct

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    @Rodolfo haha! The wonderful world of iOS! Yes, I use RC275 constantly and, for whatever god given reason, it is totally crackle and problem free for me. I am piano based so I would be disheartened if I could not use my beloved Ravenscroft! Anyway, freezing it saved me.

Yes, I feel your pain, I’m also a piano player and also love the sound of R275, but unfortunately I have not been able to use it without an eventual crackle, so I’m using the Korg Module Mobile American D which I like a lot too.

Freezing is the only solution I know for heavy apps like R275, Layr, etc. Unfortunately we cannot take advantage of the multi-core power of new iPads since the audio thread is limited to a single core. Maybe one day Apple realize there’s some interesting and creative uses for the iPads other than fancy emojis...

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    @Rodolfo haha! The wonderful world of iOS! Yes, I use RC275 constantly and, for whatever god given reason, it is totally crackle and problem free for me. I am piano based so I would be disheartened if I could not use my beloved Ravenscroft! Anyway, freezing it saved me. So I guess your analysis is correct.

LL: once you have recorded your Ravenscroft part, freeze it. That will free up the CPU to do other things and still have your Ravenscroft audio. Once a part is done, there isn't really any reason to keep tying up the CPU and memory to constantly recalculate the performance. Playing back frozen audio uses a fraction of the resources of playing back through the AU.

• Modulation Explained:

• edited June 2019

Thanks @espiegel123. I get it and have developed the patience to wait out the freeze time... usually by drinking coffee.

@Rodolfo, how, I am sorry you can’t use the Raven. However, module D is terrific. BestHawk has a very hpgood inapp acoustic piano. Came in second on the piano poll. I use it sometimes when I double the pianoson iOS