Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @LinearLineman said:
    Pro2 @Rodolfo. Should not be a problem.

That’s correct, it’s at least 30% more powerful than mine, so it should work perfectly with the right settings.

• edited June 2019

dude, what a great demo video. I watched all three start to end :D

LOL at the end of the second video:

"Polysynths. guys my brass game... 🎹🎵🎶🔊. I’m a big fan of Oberh’...🎹🎵🎶🔊 ... OB classics and... 🎹🎵🎶🔊 CS80... 🎹🎵🎶🔊 “.

This guy can’t stop playing long enough to get out a full sentence 😆😂. I love it, less talk more demo. 👍🏼

but wow 😳 🔥🔥. amazing sounds. go directly to AppStore

• @Rodolfo said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Pro2 @Rodolfo. Should not be a problem.

That’s correct, it’s at least 30% more powerful than mine, so it should work perfectly with the right settings.

Unfortunately, and I'm embarrassed to even say this, but the older iPad Pros, in our experience, seem to perform better than the newer iPad Pros. Please read this article: https://www.cultofmac.com/595330/ipad-pro-bug-music-apps-stutter/. Apple changed the core audio drivers in some ways and it crippled the audio of the newer 2018 iPad Pros. Yes they have come out with a fix, but based on all of the tech support and user feedback, it's still not perfect. Let's hope Apple really fixes this issue.

So if you are on an old OS, please update to the newest and hopefully some of the core audio issues are fixed.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Anyone having a problem using this with Cubasis? I am having the same issues as with BASSalicious. Total distortion, popping, switching off play mode, crashes, etc. I want to love these apps, but something is off. I set the buffer to 64,, effects off. Nothing helps. I really don’t have this experience with other applications.

I’m getting that here in Beatmaker 3 :/ Haven’t checked Cubasis. Seemed ok in AUM in very brief test..

Just tried in BM3 v3.011 (I never updated it to 3.012) and it works fine for me.
    iPad Pro (1st gen) - IOS 12.3.1 - Buffer size in BM3: 256

• Those pianos sound good!
    I don't know what I would use these sounds for, for what I do but they sound really good!

• edited June 2019

@EyeOhEss said:

@Rodolfo said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Anyone having a problem using this with Cubasis? I am having the same issues as with BASSalicious. Total distortion, popping, switching off play mode, crashes, etc. I want to love these apps, but something is off. I set the buffer to 64,, effects off. Nothing helps. I really don’t have this experience with other applications.

I’m getting that here in Beatmaker 3 :/ Haven’t checked Cubasis. Seemed ok in AUM in very brief test..

Just tried in BM3 v3.011 (I never updated it to 3.012) and it works fine for me.

Weird :/ It’s a total disaster in Beatmaker for me here. Tried all relevant settings configs but it’s unusable with all of them :(

@Carnbot which version of Beatmaker 3 are you running where you’re hitting same problems with it as me?

latest versions of Beatmaker3 and latest iOS on ipad pro 2017 12.9

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians

Is universal planned?

• @EyeOhEss said:
    Anyone else getting clicks (standalone) on some of the sounds?

Like if you set it to INIT and then select the Half Rectangle Sine waveform it’s super clicky. Some others too. Can kill the clicks with Attack settings but I’m wondering if this is intended/normal behaviour or the samples haven’t been zero-crossings’d?

Another example is if go Wavetables>Sine>Sine 6 (tho same for all of them). Set envelope to zero release. No clicks on note-on but now instead getting them on note-off...

Could be intentional as it can add some extra snap when creating percussive sounds...

• Someone please give me a reason NOT to buy this... and pleez hurry! Any reason at all will do. Global warming? Global cooling? Global presets? Anything... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller can’t help me, he had a Synclavier or something for gosh sakes....

Ahhh, it’s too late. It was too late from the get-go. 😄

• @DCJ said:
    Can’t seem to get the Factory content part 1 to install. It’s downloaded twice, said installing, and then says Download Needed again. Part 2 installed with no problem. @GospelMusicians

Edit: got it working. It seems I had to free up more space than was actually necessary. I had about 600mb after the download.

D> @EyeOhEss said:

@Carnbot said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@Rodolfo said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@LinearLineman said:

Weird :/ It’s a total disaster in Beatmaker for me here. Tried all relevant settings configs but it’s unusable with all of them :(

@Carnbot which version of Beatmaker 3 are you running where you’re hitting same problems with it as me?

I’m on Beatmaker 3.0.10. It’s an older version but as you’re on the latest version I can’t see this problem being down to version number?

I’m on iOS 12.0.

Hmmmm. Hope this is an easy fix for @GospelMusicians :)

iOS 12.0 has all kinds of bugs that impact audio. You should probably upgrade to the latest version.

• @espiegel123 said:

@DCJ said:
    Can’t seem to get the Factory content part 1 to install. It’s downloaded twice, said installing, and then says Download Needed again. Part 2 installed with no problem. @GospelMusicians

Edit: got it working. It seems I had to free up more space than was actually necessary. I had about 600mb after the download.

D> @EyeOhEss said:

@Carnbot said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@Rodolfo said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@LinearLineman said:

I’m on Beatmaker 3.0.10. It’s an older version but as you’re on the latest version I can’t see this problem being down to version number?

I’m on iOS 12.0.

Hmmmm. Hope this is an easy fix for @GospelMusicians :)

iOS 12.0 has all kinds of bugs that impact audio. You should probably upgrade to the latest version.

Ok it seems to be a problem in bm3 only when i’m connected to my audio interface (ica4+) so it could a sample rate mismatch issue maybe. Runs fine for me in bm3 when i’m running iPad audio only.

• edited June 2019

OMG!!!! Was saving to either get NS2 or Factory but this beast comes today! Instabuy!

Ohhhh the choirs are worth the price alone!!!

Works flawlessly here on latest IOS iPad 2017 9.7” (5th Gen). @ 512 buffer setting.

No crackles or hiccups at all in standalone mode. Haven’t tried AU.

Thanks guys for making such a wonderful app!

• Had a quick question:
    So there’s no need to download the
    Additional Sounds IAP part 1&2?

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Had a quick question:

Yes heard that from someone not sure why they are on anyhow !

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Jumpercollins said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Had a quick question:

Yes heard that from someone not sure why they are on

The additional sounds are not used by the Factory Presets, so you don’t need to download them. But if you like to tweak your own sounds (or maybe for upcoming IAPs) there are tons of samples to play with.

• Thanks! Will get them now while I have a good connection. And maybe create some good presets from the samples.

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians. @kv331audio_bulent
    Ok something weird, and someone else has reported this SynthMaster Pro and SynthMaster One now refuse to open in Standalone since loading on Pure Synth Platinum. Is this just coincidence? Any own both want to try a before and after load ?

Maybe not linked at all @kv331audio_bulent is it a iOS issue rather than Pure Synth?

• @Jumpercollins, yes, that is, unfortunately, the case. Did not check them as AUs, however. @GospelMusicians will have to solve that one.

• edited June 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    Ok something weird, and someone else has reported this SynthMaster Pro and SynthMaster One now refuse to open in Standalone since loading on Pure Synth Platinum. Is this just coincidence? Any own both want to try a before and after load ?

They work fine as AU but not as standalone apps after installing Pure Synth Platinum. Really weird...