Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• Bought it because to find out if the guitars, choir and Strings works for me. There are some really nice patches, especialy the strings I like. 😊

But...

I started the synth standalone and I get permanently crackles when I play the app with the onscreen keyboard!

iPad reset/cold start with just this app doesn’t fix it!

There is a setting “low ram fast devices” and “more ram legacy devices”. The 2. Setting was default and I use an Pro 10.5 (I think it’s a fast device?)

After I switched to “more ram legacy devices “ it’s going better but I still get crackles.

Sadly this is not useable for me!

Any ideas how to fix this problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance! 🙏

• @chandroji said:
    Bought it because to find out if the guitars, choir and Strings works for me. There are some really nice patches, especialy the strings I like. 😊

But...

I started the synth standalone and I get permanently crackles when I play the app with the onscreen keyboard!

iPad reset/cold start with just this app doesn’t fix it!

There is a setting “low ram fast devices” and “more ram legacy devices”. The 2. Setting was default and I use an Pro 10.5 (I think it’s a fast device?)

After I switched to “more ram legacy devices “ it’s going better but I still get crackles.

Sadly this is not useable for me!

Any ideas how to fix this problem?
    Thanks a lot in advance! 🙏

Same problem here with the standalone version. I don’t have this problem when hosted as an AU.

• edited June 2019

@Jumpercollins. I have a different viewpoint, Pure Platinum brings a new tonality to acoustics which was unexpected and is greatly appreciated. But it is that difference in tonality that makes it valuable in addition to iSymphonic. Having both puts so many more colors on the palette, tho I certainly will be favoring it for awhile. Now, when SWAM appears we acoustic junkies will have an array that approaches (tho still at a distance) the Kontakt libraries. That is if we include RC275.

• @cuscolima said:
    Same problem here with the standalone version. I don’t have this problem when hosted as an AU.

Thanks for feedback! 👍
    I’m going to check this out!

• What's the difference between this and Pure Waves, the other vst? Can you roll your own presets with this? :)

• For those who are experiencing popping and clicking, some presets may be using the Convolution Reverb. Convolution Reverb on iOS is high CPU no matter what app it is. It's the way convolution is done, so try shutting off the Convolution Reverb and replacing with an algorithmic one, such as the MVerb or FVerb.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Before I buy, this iOS version is the same as this version in the video right?

Exact Same!

• @GospelMusicians brilliant advice on the reverbs, fixed my problem. Also brilliant use of IAP for folks that can’t afford the space but still want your Masterpiece. I made room, this Angel takes the place of most of the synths I had. Thanks for being so great to us on iOS!

• I'm having an issue with Pure Synth on my ipad mini 2. I went to download the preset sample pack for the first time and part 1 started downloading fine but never installed. Part 2 installed just fine. However when I tried to redownload part 1 the app crashed on me. Reopened the app and tried again, same thing happened. Now everytime I go to the iap tab within the Pure Synth it crashes on me so I'm not able to download the packs or even use the app at all.

• edited June 2019

@Grobles87 said:
    I'm having an issue with Pure Synth on my ipad mini 2. I went to download the preset sample pack for the first time and part 1 started downloading fine but never installed. Part 2 installed just fine. However when I tried to redownload part 1 the app crashed on me. Reopened the app and tried again, same thing happened. Now everytime I go to the iap tab within the Pure Synth it crashes on me so I'm not able to download the packs or even use the app at all.

We are aware of this infrequent crashing with some of the parts. It is an issue with Apple and we are in the process of resolving it. We have a ticket out for that. Even though IAP has been around for a while, hosted IAP downloads actually hasn't, so it's still relatively new. We should have something within a few days and sorry for this.

We've actually tried it ourselves and tested it just now and it works, so it could be dependent on internet speeds.

• @Samu said:
    How well does it run on an iPad Air 2 considering the requirements?
    (I'm still on app-spending diet).

Yes it does run on iPad Air 2, but you can't load it down with a ton of modulations.

• @GospelMusicians said:

@Samu said:
    How well does it run on an iPad Air 2 considering the requirements?
    (I'm still on app-spending diet).

Yes it does run on iPad Air 2, but you can't load it down with a ton of modulations and CPU hungry stuff. But that's the case with any plugin in general.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    @GospelMusicians initial app download here is taking forever, looking like it’ll take about 30 mins total...guessing its downloading all the samples... but I was under the impression I had to download these after as ‘free’ IAP? I’ve got space on my iPad, so it’s not a problem, just not what I was expecting to happen when I bought the app from the store. I’ll report back if any probs after app has downloaded.

The download speeds are all on Apple as it is hosted 100% on their servers. Over here it took 15 minutes. To save space, only download the Factory Content and leave the additional content for later.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    @GospelMusicians initial app download here is taking forever, looking like it’ll take about 30 mins total...guessing its downloading all the samples... but I was under the impression I had to download these after as ‘free’ IAP? I’ve got space on my iPad, so it’s not a problem, just not what I was expecting to happen when I bought the app from the store. I’ll report back if any probs after app has downloaded.

The download speeds are all on Apple as it is hosted 100% on their servers. Over here it took 15 minutes. To save space, only download the Factory Content and leave the additional content for later.

Yeah I mean the core app is taking forever....like I hit the 9.99 button and been waiting for half hour. Which seems like long time for a synth without samples? Maybe I’m not understanding the whole ‘free iap’ download thing. I’ll check things out when the app has downloaded.
    Thanks

The core app is only 250MB, but today is the official launch, so perhaps everyone is downloading at one time.

• This app is a pure wonder. I played all day long with the presets. The strings are beautiful, the guitar are the best available on iOS and I am still scratching the surface of what is still possible.

• Very impressive, thanks for the release :)
    I've been getting some stuck notes in the AUv3 version playing through AUM and midi sequencing Pure synth.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited June 2019

Anyone having a problem using this with Cubasis? I am having the same issues as with BASSalicious. Total distortion, popping, switching off play mode, crashes, etc. I want to love these apps, but something is off. I set the buffer to 64,, effects off. Nothing helps. I really don’t have this experience with other applications.

• Please guys...for any full on tech support, it is always implored to start a support ticket from our Contact Form. As you will always see, everyone has a different experience, because of different devices. It's always better to be able to do a thorough test with log files, rather than a guessing game.

PS: Even desktop PCs don't ever use a buffer of 64 when using plugins. That's way too low. The higher the buffer, the lower the latency.

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Anyone having a problem using this with Cubasis? I am having the same issues as with BASSalicious. Total distortion, popping, switching off play mode, crashes, etc. I want to love these apps, but something is off. I set the buffer to 64,, effects off. Nothing helps. I really don’t have this experience with other applications.

A buffer of 64 is an insane number! You need a very powerful CPU and using it standalone (not hosted) in order to work with such a small buffer size.
    Try 256 as a more reasonable value, it works fine on my iPad Pro (1st gen) with that setting.
    In Cubasis, set the Hardware Latency to Low or Medium, and if the patch uses a Convolution Reverb then turn it off, or change it to an algorithmic one, or just use a lighter reverb in Cubasis instead. It should work fine.

• Aieee @GospelMusicians and @Rodolfo. I thought it was the other way around! I changed it cause I was having problems with 256.

• @LinearLineman said:
    Aieee @GospelMusicians and @Rodolfo. I thought it was the other way around! I changed it cause I was having problems with 256.

What’s your iPad model?

• Pro2 @Rodolfo. Should not be a problem.