Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Loopop Drum Machine Trick -- possible on iPad?

This great Loopop video shows how to play a midi drum loop into a drum machine, and record it. It's a great way to transfer midi loops into hardware.

He does it by playing the loop in Ableton, and remapping the midi to match the right drums triggers for the hardware. Is there any way to do this on the iPad? I guess you could use Midiflow?

Comments

• Nice video. I really like Loopop stuff, he's got some great O-Coast vids too.

To answer your question. Yes, Midiflow can do this. You dont even need any extra IAPs. Its just a simple source midi port, note translation then destination midi port. There are probably a load of different midi tools that can also do the job eg Streamerbyter/Mosaic but MidiFlow would be my choice for this.

• Excellent. I shall try it and report back.

I have Sweet Midi to play back midi files. Anything better?