Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Renaming Hardware MIDI devices

I have a few of these Mio USB interfaces connected from different hardware synths to my iPad using a USB hub.

https://www.amazon.com/iConnectivity-mio-1-out-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00CO5IRSG

They all show up separately but each one is labled as "mio" in AUM. Is there way to rename them using another app and have them show up with unique names in AUM?

Maybe MIDIFire?

Comments

• edited June 2019

I use Midiflow, but think it’s similar? In theory, you could just send each of the same named devices to their own uniquely named virtual midi device created in midiflow, and exclusively use those newly named ports in other apps. Right?

However, I’m uncertain how to be sure it would select the correct device initially each time. Perhaps if they are always on the same usb port we’d get lucky, but...i have no way to test this. Good luck!

• Thanks, that's exactly what I'm thinking. A bit kludgey but workable. I need find time to give it a shot.

• @nondes said:
    Thanks, that's exactly what I'm thinking. A bit kludgey but workable. I need find time to give it a shot.

Bear in mind these midi routing apps will add latency.

Now, I'm not sure if it'll work, but worth a try...
    iConfig app allows you to rename attached devices/ports. It works here with iConnectMIDI4+.
    If you look at the first picture of the app in App Store, it shows mio in the list, so you might be able to rename them.
    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/iconnectivity-iconfig/id687451669

If you'll be able to rename them, the new names will only appear after you reset your iPad, because this info gathered when the midi device attached for the first time.