Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Doug Woods Could Use Our Help / Doug Speaks

124

Comments

  • Good Lord😂 Yes, I’m completely happy with, it’s good that you edited the horrendous zit that was there, bless you @tk32

  • Haha!

    I wasn't planning to mention that @thesoundtestroom ;)

  • @tk32 😂🤣😎 Another side effect of the meds, it’s like I’m 16 all over again......without the energy😎

  • I’ll buy the shirt no matter what it looks like. I was going to give my opinion on typography when I remembered my favorite design joke ever.

    Q. How many art directors does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    A. Does it have to be a lightbulb?

  • @tk32 said:
    Here's a 'slightly' enhanced copy of the original image Colin sent me so that the t-shirt design process can be shared/democratized :)

    Note to all budding t-shirt artists out there:
    We all have a responsibility to ensure that Doug himself is (a) happy with us using this particular photo, and (b) happy with whatever the finished design(s) look like.

    I would ABSOLUTELY buy a t-shirt with this on it. Where do I sign up?

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Ass_Flaps_9000 said:

    @Daveypoo said:
    @Ass_Flaps_9000 You can always support Doug here:

    https://studio4632benefit.bandcamp.com/album/the-doug-woods-benefit-album

    A couple years back the community here contributed tracks to this album to help out Sir Doug - some GREAT stuff on this record, even a couple contributions by the man himself?

    Cool. Never realised this situation had more history to it! Would purchasing that music be as profitable to Doug, compared with straight up donation?

    The netlabel (Studio4632) has set this up as a „beneficial release“ which means all the money goes directly to Doug’s PayPal (with the exception of Bandcamp share). So, if anyone doesn’t have this compilation, I recommend getting it. 😊

  • @tk32 said:
    Here's a 'slightly' enhanced copy of the original image Colin sent me so that the t-shirt design process can be shared/democratized :)

    Note to all budding t-shirt artists out there:
    We all have a responsibility to ensure that Doug himself is (a) happy with us using this particular photo, and (b) happy with whatever the finished design(s) look like.

    I really love this idea creating a “Doug” T-shirt! 👍
    Also the benefit Album!

    This shows what a community can do for a friend!

    Nice! 😊

  • edited June 11

    Some caption ideas:

    ...Doug's face when I hit 'dislike' >:)

    .

    I won't hit buy until it's reviewed by this guy

    .

    "Hello and welcome to thesoundtestroom"

  • @tk32 said:
    Some caption ideas:

    ...Doug's face when I hit 'dislike' >:)

    .

    I won't hit buy unless it's reviewed by this guy

    .

    "Hello and welcome to thesoundtestroom"

    Yeah I was going to use 'Hello and welcome to thesoundtestroom', as that's a bit of a catchphrase. Either that or 'cool beans'.

  • Frankly - I don't need any catchphrase. That image says everything I need it to.

  • @Daveypoo said:
    Frankly - I don't need any catchphrase. That image says everything I need it to.

    What he said ^

    Although I think it would be good to advertise thesoundtestroom somewhere on the design for when we wear it in public

  • @LinearLineman Good idea to post Doug’s vid here. I hope it will help him to gain more Patrons. His channel has been an enormous help, inspiration and education for me since I started my journey into music making on the iOS platform. I’m proud to say I’ve been supporting his great service via Patreon for over a year now, and I would continue to do so even if I lost all interest in music myself. Doug is a wonderful fellow and a great musician who deserves more income from the job he does. Apple have a lot to answer for in killing the affiliate program. Awful.

    @chandroji Wow! Your photography is amazing! Clear, colourful and very atmospheric beautiful images! Great work! I’ve dabbled in photography for many years, but could never reach your standard! Fantastic!

  • @tk32 said:

    @Daveypoo said:
    Frankly - I don't need any catchphrase. That image says everything I need it to.

    What he said ^

    Although I think it would be good to advertise thesoundtestroom somewhere on the design for when we wear it in public

    Needs a link to the channel as well.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @tk32 said:

    @Daveypoo said:
    Frankly - I don't need any catchphrase. That image says everything I need it to.

    What he said ^

    Although I think it would be good to advertise thesoundtestroom somewhere on the design for when we wear it in public

    Needs a link to the channel as well.

    I would vote for ‘the soundtestroom’ and maybe a little YouTube logo beside it- I’m not keen on a catchphrase or the link idea though- unless it’s on the back of the t-shirt maybe.

  • I can sketch a few layout ideas this evening and post them here. I'll aim for something understated so that the photo is still the main image.

  • I could see a "Cool Beans" on the back, that'd be nice and subtle.

  • edited June 11

    @tk32. So great to give your time. Has Doug agreed to this? He seems to have indirectly... unless I missed something. Anyway, I initially thought Doug’s situation just called for contributions. It seems I was wrong. This forum is terrific, as always. Wait for my appeal!

  • @Spidericemidas said:
    @chandroji Wow! Your photography is amazing! Clear, colourful and very atmospheric beautiful images! Great work! I’ve dabbled in photography for many years, but could never reach your standard! Fantastic!

    @Spidericemidas thank you so much for compliments my friend!
    Next to music photography is my second passion I enjoy a lot. What I really like is that I get wonderful results very fast compared to my music. 😎

    To make the thread even more beautiful as it is already, here are some more musical impressions captured with my camera... 😊

    Thanks a lot to @LinearLineman who have started this thread... 👍

    And thanks to all who help to make our world a little bit happier... 😊

    I’m glad to be a member of such a nice community! You guys have your heart at the right place... 😊
    Thank you!

    Om Shanti 🙏

  • edited June 11

    @LinearLineman said:
    @tk32. So great to give your time. Has Doug agreed to this? He seems to have indirectly... unless I missed something. Anyway, I initially thought Doug’s situation just called for contributions. It seems I was wrong. This forum is terrific, as always. Wait for my appeal!

    You’re right, and I hope i’m not being in any way insensitive in my offer of helping get this idea started. If I get any indication from Doug he isn’t happy with the t-shirt initiative I will stop immediately. So far, he seems fine with it.

  • I’m feel that sure if Doug wasn’t happy about this he would have politely drawn attention to it.

  • @Daveypoo said:
    I could see a "Cool Beans" on the back, that'd be nice and subtle.

    Absolutely!

  • edited June 11

    Here are some logo designs I made a while back (Two more in the Twitter thread):

  • I’m very happy with all of it, and very touched too, thanks everybody, this all very Cool Beans😊

  • The merch/t-shirt idea was actually started by @EyeOhEss who seemed to get some flack at the beginning (unwarranted IMO), so kudos to him.

    Looks like Doug is going to have quite a few designs to go with soon - I should have something ready too when I pull my finger out!

  • @thesoundtestroom said:
    I’m very happy with all of it, and very touched too, thanks everybody, this all very Cool Beans😊

    As spoken by THE MAN himself!

  • Yes, @MonzoPro, some of that flack was from me, but I was mistaken. Especially as it seems he does not have to do much to make it happen.

  • Doug needs to be up in the next reason compact video, get some of that sweet promo money

    If I saw Doug in the promo I would actually buy that app lol

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Yes, @MonzoPro, some of that flack was from me, but I was mistaken. Especially as it seems he does not have to do much to make it happen.

    Why was that necessary? It was a good idea; kudos to @EyeOhEss

  • @ExAsperis99, my concern was that folks were not understanding Doug’s inability to do things like give piano lessons. The advice was expressed as something he ought to be able to do. The kind folks here are doing this t shirt project for him. Hence my change of mind about offering advice when Doug was not asking for that,

Sign In or Register to comment.