Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Share your most useful bookmarklets - i will start with my personal gem an autopager/page-zipper

all's in the title, as for my contribution, here's a bookmarklet that stayed with me over many years... many.. many years - i had it before there were iphones or mobile browsers, and i never modified it or had to go fetch an updated version of it ever, and now i use it on my mac, iphone and ipad.. it's for 'zipping' (autopaginating) pages so that they scroll as a single continuous one - very handy kept on the bookmark bar, when clicked on a search results page (or a mutli-page blog for ex) two arrows appear on the top right of the page (with a page number / number of pages that increases as one scrolls down or clicks on the forward arrow) and the next page appears under the current one as one scrolls down.. it's called page zip. Thought some might find it as handy as i do - i hate clicking on next 10 times a search...

Drag the link to your bookmark bar, or, if you prefer, copy the javascript below and save it as bookmark (or/same as right click link -> copy link location and past in address field of new bookmark)

PagZIP

javascript:(function()%7Bif(window%5B'pgzp'%5D)%7B_pgzpToggleBookmarklet();%7Delse%7Bwindow._page_zipper_is_bookmarklet=true;window._page_zipper=document.createElement('script');window._page_zipper.type='text/javascript';window._page_zipper.src='http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/static/pagezipper/pagezipper_10.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')%5B0%5D.appendChild(window._page_zipper);%7D%7D)();

here's a screenshot of audiobus forum after clicking it and scrolling down (should have just posted it at the beginning in place of what i'm sure'll read as a tortuous description to anyone other than me...)

ScreenShot

Comments

• Nice!

But it seems only working in the tab where I placed the script. Is it only working in the tab where you place the script? Nice for that tab though!

• @Marcel Sorry, i got exceptionally busy the past couple of weeks and didn't have the chance to check the forums or do much online at all.. I really missed that forum! Which to me is weird because prior to it i almost never felt compelled to participate in today's online communities (as comments/post invariably wind into some irrelevant, distasteful excuse of an argument over tired and hopeless subjects of no interest...) anyway, back to that bookmarklet and your post.. Can you help me understand - What do you mean tab where you place the script? [and here, excuse me if i say obvious things, or things you know, i will just try to describe as best I can the steps of getting this - or any other - bookmarklet [bookmark containing javascript code is called bookmarklet - again, i'm just mentioning everything relevant in case) The script is to be copied and saved as a bookmark - that is pasted into the address field of the bookmark form - on iOS (safari mobile soecifically) since you cannot create a bookmark from scratch (the address field is filled in for you automatically when you bookmark a page, and isn't accessible for editing - except AFTER you have created / saved a bookmark. In other words safari on iOS does not have a 'create new bookmark' option, it only has a 'bookmark' (the current page) one (which presents you with a form comprising 2 fields (followed by a location you can tap to change, to change where you'd like that bookmark to be kept, like, for bookmarklets, the bookmarks bar - so they are practical, accessible quickly on any page) the first field is editable, and is for the name (in this case fill it with pageZip or something like that) underneath it - you'll notice if you try to tap on it - the field that contains the address/url (where we want to put the javascript code) isn't editable/changable right away. A workaround that annoyance, is to bookmark any page (for example this one we're currently on), name it pageZip, or any name of your choice, then, once it is saved, first make sure you've copied pageZip's code either from the yellow field in my post, or by clicking and holding the greenish link of it in my post, and tapping 'Copy', then proceed to edit the bookmark you've just saved - by tapping the bookmark/history/reading list icon that looks like an open book on the upper right just before the + sign (new tab) and the cloud (to access open tabs on other devices) icon and navigate to where you saved that bookmark; when you get to it, tap 'Edit' on the bottom right corner of the drop down list (listing the bookmarks) and select the bookmark, you'll be given the option to change the name, and also - unlike when you save it for the first time, the address/url field. Empty/delete everything (the url) and past into it the javascript code you copied and should have ready to paste in the pasteboard :

javascript:(function()%7Bif(window%5B'pgzp'%5D)%7B_pgzpToggleBookmarklet();%7Delse%7Bwindow._page_zipper_is_bookmarklet=true;window._page_zipper=document.createElement('script');window._page_zipper.type='text/javascript';window._page_zipper.src='http://www.printwhatyoulike.com/static/pagezipper/pagezipper_10.js';document.getElementsByTagName('head')%5B0%5D.appendChild(window._page_zipper);%7D%7D)();

Then tap ok. Now you have a bookmarklet now that works on any page.. Tell me if for some reason it doesn't work. Hope that answered your problem, and good.. Day? Night? Whichever's appropriate to your location..!

• So no one has cool/useful bookmarklets to share? Come one guys! Shall i put a few others up?

• edited February 2014

I have ios specific ones to show page source (html code, regular source and generated source), translate to english (or french or arabic or any language of preferencs) on click bookmarklet, tweet (from safari, or tweetbot) the page url, save as pdf, open in chrome, or iCab.. And a bunch of others (open html, or selection+title+url, and a few other combinations) in Drafts app.. Even a font resize on (that shows a popup asking for a number / font size to apply to the text of the displayed page)..

• @Marcel i just clicked on the link PageZip in my post, and although i verified the code was correct, it displayed an error (probably something to do with the markdown used to display it as a link (it being javascript rather than a url proper i suppose). So copy the raw javascript instead and it will work.. If that was the problem i apologize..