Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Imaginando LK Matrix Module now has Midi Mode.

Reminds me a bit like Modstep. Looks pretty cool for sequencing gear. I wonder if it shows up as virtual midi port to control other app?

«1

Comments

  • I've always seen LK as a 'Remote Controller For Ableton' but apparently it can do stuff in stand-alone mode as well?!

    From the looks of it it seems to present a serious competition for ModSTEP but most deeper features it requires IAP to unlock and there seems to be plenty of those :)

  • edited June 8

    @Samu said:
    I've always seen LK as a 'Remote Controller For Ableton' but apparently it can do stuff in stand-alone mode as well?!

    From the looks of it it seems to present a serious competition for ModSTEP but most deeper features it requires IAP to unlock and there seems to be plenty of those :)

    @Samu yes agreed they seem to added this feature as a expanding module outside of Ableton. Wonder if anyone used it yet. To be honest there are cheaper options out there, most people own AUM, piano roll etc that do the same thing. Still can get Ubridge to work on my Surface Pro so the other modules and Ableton integration think our stick with Touchable Pro.

  • @Jumpercollins said:

    @Samu yes agreed they seem to added this feature as a expanding module outside of Ableton. Wonder if anyone used it yet. To be honest there are cheaper options out there, most people own AUM, piano roll etc.

    The LK midi editor is quite fully featured (I've been sneak reading the manual).
    When Lucas steps in to make more musical demos it might get interesting.

    I find most 'existing' iOS piano rolls / sequencers to be 'half-baked' where one feature is present in one but not the other.
    And some are so filled with bugs it drives me slowly insane...

    And as for external gear, I mostly use them to create samples as I like to keep everything 'inside the pad' :)

  • I've already hinted at this feature a few days ago in the "Touchable" thread.
    First of all, you should know that all optional LK features can be tested before IA-purchasing.
    And you only need the MATRIX to use the sequencer. ;)
    And no, it's certainly not a replacement for Modstep but it is indeed a nice little clip-based sequencer, a bit like what Genome Midi does.
    I don't think I could call it a full-fledged pattern sequencer but considering it's actually a remote controller for Ableton Live (and the clip view and piano roll editor are worth the low price alone), I find that new addin included for free in MATRIX more than welcome!
    Muito obrigado!

  • edited July 30

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Reminds me a bit like Modstep. Looks pretty cool for sequencing gear. I wonder if it shows up as virtual midi port to control other app?

    Yes, it does. You can see it being used in AUM in the following video:

    We have been evolving LK this last couple of months for this software & hardware midi composing with the MATRIX module in MIDI mode.

    Let me know if you have any question.

  • @sinosoidal said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Reminds me a bit like Modstep. Looks pretty cool for sequencing gear. I wonder if it shows up as virtual midi port to control other app?

    Yes, it does. You can see it being used in AUM in the following video:

    We have been evolving LK this last couple of months for this software & hardware midi composing with the MATRIX module in MIDI mode.

    Let me know if you have any question.

    Ok cheers cool.

  • Wow I missed that :o Super cool really, and iPhone compatible :smile: I often asked myself why Touchable wasn’t able to do this...

    Just three questions:

    • is it possible to midi learn clip and scenes triggering?

    • any CC recording/edition capabilities?

    • is there an option to disable midi metering? I find this a bit disturbing...

  • edited July 30

    @Janosax said:
    Wow I missed that :o Super cool really, and iPhone compatible :smile: I often asked myself why Touchable wasn’t able to do this...

    Just three questions:

    • is it possible to midi learn clip and scenes triggering?

    Do you want to assign a physical midi controller button to a clip in order to launch it? That's it?

    No midi assignment capabilities for now.

    • any CC recording/edition capabilities?

    No, not yet!

    • is there an option to disable midi metering? I find this a bit disturbing...

    What if did show but more smooth? Just as a midi activity monitor and not looking like it is clipping hard?

    Thanks for your questions and feedback!

  • @sinosoidal thanks for quick answer.

    Yes hardware midi assignment for live capabilities can be very interesting.

    And yes, smooth midi activity monitor should do the trick perfectly!! :smile:

  • Hi @sinosoidal
    I discovered your videos a few days ago and it was a very nice surprise to find out that LK can now work as a MIDI clips sequencer. Congratulations for your great job!

    I love the app, just a couple of suggestions for you to consider:

    -As already mentioned, I believe that a “MIDI learn” feature (to physically assign a button on a MIDI controller) to launch clips would be of key importance for LK usability in a live setup.
    -CC recording (and editing) capability would position the app in another new level, since there’s only one serious MIDI clips sequencer on IOS and it seems to be abandoned by the devs.

  • edited August 3

    -

  • @Rodolfo said:
    Hi @sinosoidal
    I discovered your videos a few days ago and it was a very nice surprise to find out that LK can now work as a MIDI clips sequencer. Congratulations for your great job!

    I love the app, just a couple of suggestions for you to consider:

    -As already mentioned, I believe that a “MIDI learn” feature (to physically assign a button on a MIDI controller) to launch clips would be of key importance for LK usability in a live setup.
    -CC recording (and editing) capability would position the app in another new level, since there’s only one serious MIDI clips sequencer on IOS and it seems to be abandoned by the devs.

    I know six.
    Gadget
    Garageband (Live Loops)
    Modstep
    Genome MIDI
    Stagelight
    Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer

    But yes, I would love to see your suggestions in LK 👍🏼

  • edited July 31

    @rs2000
    -Gadget: not a MIDI “clips” sequencer, but “scenes” mode
    -Garageband: a full DAW, but closed in many ways, not “serious” as a sequencer for hardware
    -Modstep: <-This is it
    -Genome MIDI: you’re right, I forgot this one...
    -StageLight: a full DAW, still no MIDI out...
    -Yamaha Mobile Music Sequencer: not available in most countries

  • Really love where LK is going. A few thoughts on what I’d love to see:
    . Scales access in Piano Roll
    . Ability to record from Piano Keys/Chords while in the Matrix view.
    . Global transport Bar so you can Play/Record/Stop from any view. This would allow us to enter notes from the available keyboards in LK
    . A nice sequencer playhead HUD so we can monitor where we’re playing notes when recording to the Matrix if we’re in another view - based on request above
    . Ability to label Matrix Tracks. When you start having 4 or 5 it sometimes gets confusing as to what each lane is doing.

    That’s all for now. Great work as always on your software. 👊🏼™️

  • edited July 31

    Big sales coming up for IAP on Imaginado apps in August so may be wise to hold off on the matrix till you see the flash sale. Had a email in this morning.

  • edited July 31

    @echoopera said:
    Really love where LK is going. A few thoughts on what I’d love to see:

    Thanks! :blush:

    . Scales access in Piano Roll

    Requires a bit of refactoring but it's doable.

    . Ability to record from Piano Keys/Chords while in the Matrix view.

    That's the goal for the 1.5.4 release.

    . Global transport Bar so you can Play/Record/Stop from any view. This would allow us to enter notes from the available keyboards in LK

    1.5.4 too! :)

    . A nice sequencer playhead HUD so we can monitor where we’re playing notes when recording to the Matrix if we’re in another view - based on request above

    Tricky one! Need to digest the best way to fit something with this goal in mind.

    . Ability to label Matrix Tracks. When you start having 4 or 5 it sometimes gets confusing as to what each lane is doing.

    1.5.4 too!

    That’s all for now. Great work as always on your software. 👊🏼™️

    Thanks! You're a very respected fan in the office! :blush:

  • edited July 31

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Big sales coming up for IAP on Imaginado apps in August so may be wise to hold off on the matrix till you see the flash sale. Had a email in this morning.

    SPOILER ALERT: LK - XY Pad module is the first module to be on sale. It's already on sale on Android. On App Store they are all scheduled and prices changes will be managed by timezone.

  • @sinosoidal said:

    @echoopera said:
    Really love where LK is going. A few thoughts on what I’d love to see:

    Thanks! :blush:

    . Scales access in Piano Roll

    Requires a bit of refactoring but it's doable.

    . Ability to record from Piano Keys/Chords while in the Matrix view.

    That's the goal for the 1.5.4 release.

    . Global transport Bar so you can Play/Record/Stop from any view. This would allow us to enter notes from the available keyboards in LK

    1.5.4 too! :)

    . A nice sequencer playhead HUD so we can monitor where we’re playing notes when recording to the Matrix if we’re in another view - based on request above

    Tricky one! Need to digest the best way to fit something with this goal in mind.

    . Ability to label Matrix Tracks. When you start having 4 or 5 it sometimes gets confusing as to what each lane is doing.

    1.5.4 too!

    That’s all for now. Great work as always on your software. 👊🏼™️

    Thanks! You're a very respected fan in the office! :blush:

    Good to hear some of this is on the roadmap. And thanks for the compliment sir :)

  • Brought the XY on offer, will check each day now. Hope the Matrix is part of the flash sale.

  • edited August 1

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Brought the XY on offer, will check each day now. Hope the Matrix is part of the flash sale.

    All IAPs are going to be on sale, you just have to wait for the matrix day =). it seems like k7d tape delay for ios will be on sale too =)

  • edited August 5

    How do you record internal LK keyboard on LK clips in midi mode? Same thing with Audiobus and virtual ports using AU Velocity Keyboard. I was only able to route LK clips and internal keyboard to Lorentz in Audiobus and use step editing, but not to record anything. User Manual seems to not be updated yet for midi mode? I haven't bought any iap yet, just testing features.

    @sinosoidal could you help please?

  • @Janosax said:
    How do you record internal LK keyboard on LK clips in midi mode? Same thing with Audiobus and virtual ports using AU Velocity Keyboard. I was only able to route LK clips and internal keyboard to Lorentz in Audiobus and use step editing, but not to record anything. User Manual seems to not be updated yet for midi mode? I haven't bought any iap yet, just testing features.

    @sinosoidal could you help please?

    You will need version 1.5.4 to do that. Currently on beta test. Want to try it? Send me a private message with your TestFlight email.

  • edited August 5

    @sinosoidal said:

    @Janosax said:
    How do you record internal LK keyboard on LK clips in midi mode? Same thing with Audiobus and virtual ports using AU Velocity Keyboard. I was only able to route LK clips and internal keyboard to Lorentz in Audiobus and use step editing, but not to record anything. User Manual seems to not be updated yet for midi mode? I haven't bought any iap yet, just testing features.

    @sinosoidal could you help please?

    You will need version 1.5.4 to do that. Currently on beta test. Want to try it? Send me a private message with your TestFlight email.

    Yeah of course interested, thanks :smile: pm sent.

  • edited August 5

    Hi @Janosax be interested to see you get this working with the beta. I tried using the chorder and keys to record into the clip sequence using the beta still no joy with the latest beta.

    I can draw in not and it’s sending out ok so must be doing something wrong. I didn’t realise you can pull up menus for each control surface there is a lot to like with this I prefer it now to Modstep.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Hi @Janosax be interested to see you get this working with the beta. I tried using the chorder and keys to record into the clip sequence using the beta still no joy with the latest beta.

    I can draw in not and it’s sending out ok so must be doing something wrong. I didn’t realise you can pull up menus for each control surface there is a lot to like with this I prefer it now to Modstep.

    I'm going to make a small video

  • @sinosoidal - is there any way to get LK/Ubridge to work via USB on a Mac? I've got a lot of lag using it via WiFi, but I'm guessing a wired connection would be better.

  • @MonzoPro said:
    @sinosoidal - is there any way to get LK/Ubridge to work via USB on a Mac? I've got a lot of lag using it via WiFi, but I'm guessing a wired connection would be better.

    Yes, there is however I've been having a couple of reports it is not working with the latest versions of iOS. You can try it for yourself. Open UBRIDGE and connect the sync cable to your device. If it gets listed in UBRIDGE, then it was recognized.

  • @sinosoidal said:

    @MonzoPro said:
    @sinosoidal - is there any way to get LK/Ubridge to work via USB on a Mac? I've got a lot of lag using it via WiFi, but I'm guessing a wired connection would be better.

    Yes, there is however I've been having a couple of reports it is not working with the latest versions of iOS. You can try it for yourself. Open UBRIDGE and connect the sync cable to your device. If it gets listed in UBRIDGE, then it was recognized.

    Thanks, yes that worked - launching Ubridge first, connecting the iPad and then launching live gave me the option to use it in Live, so I could then select Live in the app.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Hi @Janosax be interested to see you get this working with the beta. I tried using the chorder and keys to record into the clip sequence using the beta still no joy with the latest beta.

    I can draw in not and it’s sending out ok so must be doing something wrong. I didn’t realise you can pull up menus for each control surface there is a lot to like with this I prefer it now to Modstep.

    Same issue. Joined the beta, but can't get clip recording to work in MIDI mode.

  • @auxmux said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Hi @Janosax be interested to see you get this working with the beta. I tried using the chorder and keys to record into the clip sequence using the beta still no joy with the latest beta.

    I can draw in not and it’s sending out ok so must be doing something wrong. I didn’t realise you can pull up menus for each control surface there is a lot to like with this I prefer it now to Modstep.

    Same issue. Joined the beta, but can't get clip recording to work in MIDI mode.

    @auxmux Got it working now @sinosoidal sent me a video that shows how to do it. Midi input using chorder or keys. Midi output to your chosen app. Arm the track using M in menu at bottom. Make sure the clip is selected press record on bottom menu. Press play and record in using chorder.

Sign In or Register to comment.