Imaginando LK Matrix Module now has Midi Mode.

Reminds me a bit like Modstep. Looks pretty cool for sequencing gear. I wonder if it shows up as virtual midi port to control other app?

Comments

• I've always seen LK as a 'Remote Controller For Ableton' but apparently it can do stuff in stand-alone mode as well?!

From the looks of it it seems to present a serious competition for ModSTEP but most deeper features it requires IAP to unlock and there seems to be plenty of those :)

• edited June 8

@Samu said:
    I've always seen LK as a 'Remote Controller For Ableton' but apparently it can do stuff in stand-alone mode as well?!

From the looks of it it seems to present a serious competition for ModSTEP but most deeper features it requires IAP to unlock and there seems to be plenty of those :)

@Samu yes agreed they seem to added this feature as a expanding module outside of Ableton. Wonder if anyone used it yet. To be honest there are cheaper options out there, most people own AUM, piano roll etc that do the same thing. Still can get Ubridge to work on my Surface Pro so the other modules and Ableton integration think our stick with Touchable Pro.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Samu yes agreed they seem to added this feature as a expanding module outside of Ableton. Wonder if anyone used it yet. To be honest there are cheaper options out there, most people own AUM, piano roll etc.

The LK midi editor is quite fully featured (I've been sneak reading the manual).
    When Lucas steps in to make more musical demos it might get interesting.

I find most 'existing' iOS piano rolls / sequencers to be 'half-baked' where one feature is present in one but not the other.
    And some are so filled with bugs it drives me slowly insane...

And as for external gear, I mostly use them to create samples as I like to keep everything 'inside the pad' :)

• I've already hinted at this feature a few days ago in the "Touchable" thread.
    First of all, you should know that all optional LK features can be tested before IA-purchasing.
    And you only need the MATRIX to use the sequencer. ;)
    And no, it's certainly not a replacement for Modstep but it is indeed a nice little clip-based sequencer, a bit like what Genome Midi does.
    I don't think I could call it a full-fledged pattern sequencer but considering it's actually a remote controller for Ableton Live (and the clip view and piano roll editor are worth the low price alone), I find that new addin included for free in MATRIX more than welcome!
    Muito obrigado!