AUV3 effect with volume control and midi learn?

I would like to control the a track’s volume via midi from within an AUV3 effect, but NOT the main track volume itself placed at the end of that track’s effect chain, meaning I would like to load an effect plugin onto the track that has a secondary volume control that can be controlled via midi(this way I can still adjust the relative track volume using the conventional DAW volume fader for the track)

Is anyone aware of a plug-in that is well suited for this?

Thank you so much!

Comments

  • Isn't this what the busses in AUM are used for?!
    With some track & bus planning I'm pretty sure it's possible to accomplish what you're after or?

  • @annahahn said:
    I would like to control the a track’s volume via midi from within an AUV3 effect, but NOT the main track volume itself placed at the end of that track’s effect chain, meaning I would like to load an effect plugin onto the track that has a secondary volume control that can be controlled via midi(this way I can still adjust the relative track volume using the conventional DAW volume fader for the track)

    Is anyone aware of a plug-in that is well suited for this?

    Thank you so much!

    AUM has a gain effect you can insert on a track and control via MIDI.

  • edited June 8

    Crucial question is what host app do you use ? Some of them have such thing build-in, as @espiegel123 mentioned - AUM, also Nanostudio 2 they both have dedicated "gain fx", which possible to control using MIDI CC (or automate in case of NS). In other hosts which do not have dedicated gain fx, you can use simple hack - most of them do have basic build-in compressor (bm3, cubasis) - you can use compressor as dedicated gain by simply setting ratio to 1:1 (means no compression at all) and then you can simply use compresor output gain knob

  • @dendy said:
    Crucial question is what host app do you use ? Some of them have such thing build-in, as @espiegel123 mentioned - AUM, also Nanostudio 2 they both have dedicated "gain fx", which possible to control using MIDI CC (or automate in case of NS). In other hosts which do not have dedicated gain fx, you can use simple hack - most of them do have basic build-in compressor (bm3, cubasis) - you can use compressor as dedicated gain by simply setting ratio to 1:1 (means no compression at all) and then you can simply use compresor output gain knob

    Thank you for this compressor tip

    I’m using Audio Evolution Mobile

  • I could definitely use a cheap gain auv3 effect sometimes

  • wimwim
    edited June 10

    @gregsmith said:
    I could definitely use a cheap gain auv3 effect sometimes

    Ape Matrix includes a gain and pan AUv3 that can be used anywhere, but it doesn’t have direct Midi control, which is what @annahan is after since AEM doesn’t have AU FX parameter automation.

Sign In or Register to comment.