Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

What was your first concert?

Comments

• Bob Dylan, Forest Hills NY, 1965. My older cousin took me. I was shocked when some of the audience were booing when he started playing electric guitar with his band (The Band mostly) in the second set. Damn that’s a long time ago.

• My first was Martha & the Vandellas in a tent at my church. First rock show was Iron Butterfly and CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) That was back when they were cool...

@yowza - I saw Led Zeppelin open with Immigrant Song also. Madison Square Garden. They did an acoustic set as well.

• @Crawlingwind

Yes Zep did the acoustic set too, songs from the upcoming 3rd album.

• First was Kiss, second was Eric Clapton with B. B. King as the opening act. Third was Willie Nelson and friends with Dr. John as the opener.

• Probably Maestro Fresh Wes or the Rascalz
    First major big show was probably Stone Temple Pilots

• mine was Elton John 1972 in Berlin and I was 16 at the time

• edited June 2019

Maiden at the Brangwyn Hall, Swansea with Dianno on vocals and Praying Mantis supporting. 1980 I think.

• edited June 2019

First concert with my parents was Céline Dion somewhere around 1982-1984.That is back when she used to tour every little town in the province of Quebec and play in shopping mall. 😆 I still have the autographed cassette.

My first concert on my own was Joe Satriani in 1987 for the surfing with the alien tour. I still remember wondering what that smell was from the guys smoking in front of me. 😂😂😂 No wonder the concert seem so sureal.

• First real concert was the Hollies 1971 at Memorial Drive Adelaide Australia.
    Support was a couple of local acts Zoot and Brian Cadd.
    Zoot did a great cover of Eleanor Rigby and featured Rick Springfield on lead guitar. He later became quite famous in the States. The Hollies were in their best incarnation and a very impressive live hit jukebox.
    A few months later I saw the Kinks get briefly upstaged by a rampaging aussie group called Daddy Cool. It took a couple of songs before the crowd stopped chanting for the support band “ Daddy Cool Daddy Cool.....” Suddenly the opening riff of “ All day and all of the night “ rang out and the crowd finally realised the Kinks were actually playing. It was surreal. And they were ,of course, brilliant.
    Six months later it was Creedence Clearwater Revival. A fantastic show somewhat tempered by the fact that Led Zeppelin were playing the same night!!! nearby. One of the great fukups of concert promotion!!! My sister went to that one and it took me 7 years to get over the disappointment of missing led Zep.( I finally got to see them at Knebworth in 79 and Rotterdam in 1980 which made up for that.)

• The B52s and Gloria Estefan. Summer of 1989.

First without my parents: David Bowie and Nine Inch Nails. Summer of 1994.

I feel equally lucky for both haha 😎

• edited June 2019

First : Stabbing Westward and God Lives Underwater somewhere circa 1997 or so

First without parents: I don’t remember which was first first but I went to my first rave and saw Dieselboy , and also went and saw hardcore band Poisonthewell right around same time Summer 2001. I think the hardcore show was first

• edited June 2019

Double

• edited June 2019

@orchardman said:
    Maiden

Seeing them in September, whoot! Backstage VIP, whoot! Bragging, whoot!

• 1st: Kiss, Wembley Arena 1988

Best: Prince, London O2, 2007

• @SpookyZoo said:
    1st: Kiss, Wembley Arena 1988

I agree! I saw prince in 2002. One of The best concert I saw.

• @SpookyZoo said:
    1st: Kiss, Wembley Arena 1988

Probably the one concert experience I regret missing - he was here probably around that same time 2007-08. I couldn't really afford the tickets at the time - I should've just bit the bullet and gone. But also regret missing his after party later. Apparently Prince would usually go to an after hours place after his concert when on tour. Here where I live - his band came on around 1:00-1:30 and jammed for an hour or so - then around 3am prince walked on and they played for a few hours. This was for a small crowd of maybe 150 or so... those who were there said it was so much better than the actual concert.

• My friend Mike Migliore , saxophone virtuoso and the “Pride of Buffalo” along w Billy Sheehan just passed away. > @ThinAirX said:

The Beach Boys, 1963, Buffalo, New York. Around the same time my father took me to see Louis Armstrong. I don't remember which was first. I do know that my parents drove us to the Beach Boys, but waited outside. It was one of their first national tours when they were wearing their iconic stripped shirts.

My wife saw the Beatles, Shea Stadium. She said she couldn't hear one note of the music, the screaming was so loud.

Steve
    ThinAirX.com

• Another here with first concert Jethro Tull. Must of been sometime around 1980. I remember big rubber balloons being bounced around by the audience. The rest is a blur.

• Summer of 1971. Duane Allman was amazing that day.

• Damn Yankees with Jackyl -Feb. 7 1993 Reno, NV. I was twelve years old and I remember borrowing my cousin’s Jimi Hendrix t-shirt so I would look cool. To this day probably the loudest concert I’ve ever been to... I also remember vividly the part of the show when they unrolled this massive poster of Saddam Hussein and Ted Nugent shot a flaming arrow right between his eyes (the first Gulf War had started right around this time). And yes, the dude from Jackyl played the chainsaw (I’m a lumberjack baby... Vroom vroom vroomvroom vroom vroom...) lol..

• With Parents: Cultured stuff like Vienna Boys Choir and Barbara Streisand.

1st without Parents: Metallica '92 Hampton Coliseum, was a Junior in HS (grade 11). Wore my Rush t-shirt. :smile: Went by myself (friends liked hip hop not metal), took a bus. 3 years later, I roadied for a metal band that opened for them. Well, one of the many local side acts (Lalapalooza). Was nice to meet them, though they were dicks other than Kirk. Can't blame them though, too much ass-kissing plus shit getting stolen.

• Brenda Wootton

• @MrPew said:
    Damn Yankees with Jackyl -Feb. 7 1993 Reno, NV. I was twelve years old and I remember borrowing my cousin’s Jimi Hendrix t-shirt so I would look cool. To this day probably the loudest concert I’ve ever been to... I also remember vividly the part of the show when they unrolled this massive poster of Saddam Hussein and Ted Nugent shot a flaming arrow right between his eyes (the first Gulf War had started right around this time). And yes, the dude from Jackyl played the chainsaw (I’m a lumberjack baby... Vroom vroom vroomvroom vroom vroom...) lol..

Ha cool! That first Damn Yankees album was really great. Listened to it a lot back when I was young

• @yowza said:
    Led Zeppelin at the Hampton coliseum in Virginia. I remember vividly they opened up with Immigrant Song which I didn’t recognize at the time until LZ 3 was released a few months later.

Coincidentally, my first concert was also at the Hampton Coliseum but it was Duran Duran during the Seven and the Ragged Tiger tour. I was in fourth grade and my Mom took me after I begged long enough. I remember getting nearly crushed when the doors opened, but the show was amazing and it was totally worth it! Mom may or may not agree...

• Jean Michel Jarre, London Docklands, rained a lot, good though

• Spent my paper route money on The Beatles and The Beach Boys. August 1964 was a very good month.

• edited June 2019

@ecamburn said:

@MonzoPro said:
    but first ‘proper’ gig was UK at the Venue in London. John Wetton, Eddie Jobson and Terry Bozio. Wonderful.

One of my all time favs. Saw this lineup warm up for Jethro Tull. A little bummed not to have seen original lineup with Bill Bruford.

Yeah that would have been good. Incredible gig though, The Venue was more of a small club, and we were right at the front. Eddie Jobson looked as if he was in a small library, but actually surrounded on three sides by modular synths! John Wetton was fantastic though, would love to have seen him perform the Red album with King Crimson.

Had Ceasars Palace Blues running through my head for weeks afterwards.

• @RUST( i )K said:
    Lots of Rush!

Interesting

I think Rush were my second or third proper gig - Permanent Waves tour, and they did the whole of Hemispheres too. Stunning gig.

• Bloody hell you're all so cool with your first concerts. Living rural when growing up we took what we could get - mine was Sailor!!! Eek, showing me age! For balance, and to show I improved in my listening habits, the best was Miles Davis in ‘86 on his Tutu tour. Brilliant.