Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• edited July 2019

@reasOne said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:
    So is one of these "clouds" ?
    I only get granular showing up as an auv3 effect...

Granular is clouds ☁️ 🙂

😂 well then that makes perfect sense lol

Hihi, I think I heard one of your tunes on Instagram, it was really good. It had some nice visuals. Sounded like you were using a modal algo.

• edited July 2019

Thanks so much. Miss these modules. Great to have them in ios now :)

• edited July 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:
    These are amazing. Are there desktop equivalents out there? If so, please direct.

I don't doubt you, but what is mostly your personal area of amazement herein etc?

The Spectrum synth and the Granular module (orginally called 'Clouds' I guess). The synth sounds great, and the granular has an incredible freeze mode. Plenty of models for the synth, including analog/wavetable/FM and extending to string, interesting noise models, and even kick/snare/hihat modes.

What makes them so great is they give the most instant of immediate gratifications. Load one up and twist one knob and be impressed at how good you are at completely transforming the sound. Then multiply this when you start twisting more knobs or use a number of apeMatrix LFOs.

A real contender for app of the year in my book. Along with K7D and Modley so far.

I’m trying to choose between K7D and Modley as my next app treat, since I’ve got a pile of delays already (hang on, just seen Modleys gone up to £16 so scratch that one).

• @MonzoPro said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:
    These are amazing. Are there desktop equivalents out there? If so, please direct.

I don't doubt you, but what is mostly your personal area of amazement herein etc?

The Spectrum synth and the Granular module (orginally called 'Clouds' I guess). The synth sounds great, and the granular has an incredible freeze mode. Plenty of models for the synth, including analog/wavetable/FM and extending to string, interesting noise models, and even kick/snare/hihat modes.

What makes them so great is they give the most instant of immediate gratifications. Load one up and twist one knob and be impressed at how good you are at completely transforming the sound. Then multiply this when you start twisting more knobs or use a number of apeMatrix LFOs.

A real contender for app of the year in my book. Along with K7D and Modley so far.

I’m trying to choose between K7D and Modley as my next app treat, since I’ve got a pile of delays already (hang on, just seen Modleys gone up to £16 so scratch that one).

Got em both and K7D is my fave. Modley might be more flexible and extensible but K7D just sounds exceptional. Warm and gooey and woozy.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonzoPro said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

Got em both and K7D is my fave. Modley might be more flexible and extensible but K7D just sounds exceptional. Warm and gooey and woozy.

agreed. K7 is really nice.

• edited July 2019

I actually thought KD7 sounds cold, digital and flat sounding. I haven't heard it for a while though.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:
    So is one of these "clouds" ?
    I only get granular showing up as an auv3 effect...

Granular is clouds ☁️ 🙂

😂 well then that makes perfect sense lol

Hihi, I think I heard one of your tunes on Instagram, it was really good. It had some nice visuals. Sounded like you were using a modal algo.

Thanks man! Ya I do most my music on ig haha I need to actually make some eps

• Hi I'm having an issue with my iPad 10.5 on iOS 12.1.2
    The audio units are nowhere to be found in my aum, audiobus, or even cubasis. I've tried restarting and reinstalling. I still can't find them. Not even under effects. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm jailbroken but I reverted back to stock and still don't see any of the au's.
    Thanks for any help

• @cuezaireekaa said:
    Hi I'm having an issue with my iPad 10.5 on iOS 12.1.2
    The audio units are nowhere to be found in my aum, audiobus, or even cubasis. I've tried restarting and reinstalling. I still can't find them. Not even under effects. Anyone have any idea what's going on? I'm jailbroken but I reverted back to stock and still don't see any of the au's.
    Thanks for any help

I believe in an update this issue will be resolved or you can update to ios 12.2 or higher.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Thanks for any help

I believe in an update this issue will be resolved or you can update to ios 12.2 or higher.

Ok thank you. Don't want to update yet so here's to hoping for a fix. Really appreciate the quick response. Happy musicking!

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Thanks for any help

Ok thank you. Don't want to update yet so here's to hoping for a fix. Really appreciate the quick response. Happy musicking!

Yep, this will be a quick fix to my knowledge 👍

• @cuezaireekaa said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Thanks for any help

FWIW, the most recent iOS 12 is the best of the iOS 12s.

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@wim said:
    Hi @burns_audio, on the page with the cc mappings, resonator has cc15 and cc16 used twice. Typo?

I have a Spectrum randomizer Mozaic script in testing, but there are two things I hope to resolve:

• correct cc’s for Resonator
    • detune is listed in the cc’s for Granular, but isn’t in the interface. Is it valid?
    • Pad X and Pad Y aren’t responding to cc’s in Spectrum, Resonator, and Granular.

I can release it without fully resolving those first, but would like to avoid a follow-up release if possible.

• Little screen grab of a pad sound & wonky musical box

• @JoHe said:

Wait wait...how are you guys getting Resonator to take your input and get anything but a distorted growl back? I've only tried with the Spectrum synth and Zeeon, but it was just a noisefest.

• @BroCoast said:
    Little screen grab of a pad sound & wonky musical box

https

A bit of E Phrygian going on?

• @[Deleted User] said:

@BroCoast said:

https

A bit of E Phrygian going on?

C/Am/Dm/G

• edited July 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@JoHe said:

Wait wait...how are you guys getting Resonator to take your input and get anything but a distorted growl back? I've only tried with the Spectrum synth and Zeeon, but it was just a noisefest.

Try feeding simple tones like a straight square wave. Oh and connect MIDI to it when using as an effect. It's still a "synth" when loaded as an effect, the audio you input into it is the modulator.

• @BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JoHe said:

Try feeding simple tones like a straight square wave. Oh and connect MIDI to it when using as an effect. It's still a "synth" when loaded as an effect, the audio you input into it is the modulator.

Animoog square into Resonator effect. Both receiving same sequence with an octave difference:

• @BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JoHe said:

Animoog square into Resonator effect. Both receiving same sequence with an octave difference:

Very cool!

• @burns_audio You rock.

Just wanted you to know.

• @BroCoast said:

Well done!

• Update out

• edited July 2019

OK, 0.2 was finally approved by Apple.
    Fixes:
    Fixed missing audiounits on iOS versions lower than 12.2.
    Fixed MIDI pitchbend and aftertouch modifying all mod matrix parameters at once.
    Fixed instability and crashes when loading multiple instances.

@wim said:

• detune is listed in the cc’s for Granular, but isn’t in the interface. Is it valid?
    • Pad X and Pad Y aren’t responding to cc’s in Spectrum, Resonator, and Granular.

CCs reused in Resonator was a bug. It is NOT fixed in 0.2 but is fixed in 0.3. I will update the manual when 0.3 ships. Fixing this also reshuffled a few CCs on the other audio units as there was a bug in my AU -> MIDI CC map generation code.

EDIT: forgot to say, detune is valid but not in UI, and Pad X/Y CCs are working in the sound processing but the UI is not reflecting the change.

Looking at a few other bugs now for a quick 0.3, please keep reporting anything you feel is weird.

Starting tomorrow afternoon I'm taking a week off of programming, I'll try to get another update out before then but no guarantees :)

• @burns_audio said:
    Fixes:
    Fixed MIDI pitchbend and aftertouch modifying all mod matrix parameters at once.

@wim said:

CCs reused in Resonator was a bug. It is NOT fixed in 0.2 but is fixed in 0.3. I will update the manual when 0.3 ships. Fixing this also reshuffled a few CCs on the other audio units as there was a bug in my AU -> MIDI CC map generation code.

Looking at a few other bugs now for a quick 0.3, please keep reporting anything you feel is weird.

Starting tomorrow afternoon I'm taking a week off of programming, I'll try to get another update out before then but no guarantees :)

You're awesome!

• @burns_audio said:
    Fixes:

@wim said:

EDIT: forgot to say, detune is valid but not in UI, and Pad X/Y CCs are working in the sound processing but the UI is not reflecting the change.

These sound great! I agree with whoever posted that it would be helpful if each AU had a distinct icon -- especially when one has a number of them chained together -- so that when you come back to your AUM patch, you can see at a glance which of these great instruments you are using without having to reopen them.

• edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:

@burns_audio said:
    Fixes:

@wim said:

These sound great! I agree with whoever posted that it would be helpful if each AU had a distinct icon -- especially when one has a number of them chained together -- so that when you come back to your AUM patch, you can see at a glance which of these great instruments you are using without having to reopen them.

+1 that's a great idea.

Thank you to all who said nice things about my clips! :)

I'm still figuring these out, it's a bit different to patching as far as the triggers go. They're bloody awesome with the X/Y... hands on in a way that was never possible with the modules.

• @BroCoast said:

@BroCoast said:

@oat_phipps said:

@JoHe said:

Awww nice, sounds like an electro Michael Brook.

• @espiegel123 said:

@burns_audio said:
    Fixes:

@wim said:

Different icons would be much helpful

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

Can you even have separate icons when they’re all part of the same app (not to be confused with App Store) bundle? I mean ... Rozeta.