Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• edited July 2019

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Only had a quick play with single instances in AUM, but working great here.

Lovely sounds, thanks @burns_audio :)

i feel like the slighly younger urchin on the street that’s been called in to go to bed... and is sat wide awake on the windowsill looking out at the older rogues still playing ‘Cunk Stick’ behind the garages..

It’s Friday night and everywhere you look there’s buildings full of people doing it. They’re all doing it and doing it and stopping and having a fag and then doing it some more...

Do you want me to test a line-in to Samplr Mr Smalls? I could try and record something awful into my Air 2 iOS 12 via my iRig dangle. I’ll do it in the morrig when I’m sober mind, otherwise I might slip and twist something unexpected.

also... it’s still thursday night here (just) on this side of Offa’s Dyke look you... don’t neglect to get the kiddie up for school in the morning .. unless by a strange sheepshead-helmet, wicker man & virgin’s entrails method you actually have achieved some kind of druidic timeslip over there.

Yer uncle Hubert uses winkles, as earplugs!

Line-in to this Samplr thing you all like these days working and correct via Audiobus 2 at least. Guitar noodlings recorded into Samplr came out all buffed up and shiny.

Actually I've never tried this before so it might become a future thing.

I sprinkles winkles on me crinkles.... it’s also good for pimples.

as for Samplr sucking on yr pot noodles... my advice is: DO EEEEEEEETTTTTT !

p.s. which ios12 V sign are you flashing ?
    and... more importantly does yr line in thingy operate aok directly into Samplr ( no audiobus )
    i’ve heard it either doesn’t OR only records one channel of a stereo in ... ( might be hard to check if you just have a mono guitar jack input greasy dangler? )

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

i feel like the slighly younger urchin on the street that’s been called in to go to bed... and is sat wide awake on the windowsill looking out at the older rogues still playing ‘Cunk Stick’ behind the garages..

It’s Friday night and everywhere you look there’s buildings full of people doing it. They’re all doing it and doing it and stopping and having a fag and then doing it some more...

Do you want me to test a line-in to Samplr Mr Smalls? I could try and record something awful into my Air 2 iOS 12 via my iRig dangle. I’ll do it in the morrig when I’m sober mind, otherwise I might slip and twist something unexpected.

also... it’s still thursday night here (just) on this side of Offa’s Dyke look you... don’t neglect to get the kiddie up for school in the morning .. unless by a strange sheepshead-helmet, wicker man & virgin’s entrails method you actually have achieved some kind of druidic timeslip over there.

Line-in to this Samplr thing you all like these days working and correct via Audiobus 2 at least. Guitar noodlings recorded into Samplr came out all buffed up and shiny.

and... more importantly does yr line in thingy operate aok directly into Samplr ( no audiobus )
    i’ve heard it either doesn’t OR only records one channel of a stereo in ... ( might be hard to check if you just have a mono guitar jack input greasy dangler? )

12.3.1 by the old quartz digital. Yessir, worked floorlessly by plugging a thing straight into the thing. Didn't realise I could do that either, so it's another thing to look into look.

Just a mono lead transmitting guitar vibrations, so probably mono, recorded as mono! Not sure what I'd record as stereo....I might test it with something if I can think of it, or be bothered, later. Everyone's a bit freaked out here today because it's not raining.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

12.3.1 by the old quartz digital. Yessir, worked floorlessly by plugging a thing straight into the thing. Didn't realise I could do that either, so it's another thing to look into look.

Just a mono lead transmitting guitar vibrations, so probably mono, recorded as mono! Not sure what I'd record as stereo....I might test it with something if I can think of it, or be bothered, later. Everyone's a bit freaked out here today because it's not raining.

splendid, feeling slightly less stubborn about you hipsters and yr ios12 cortado machochino’s right now..

• These are amazing. Are there desktop equivalents out there? If so, please direct.

• @oat_phipps said:
    These are amazing. Are there desktop equivalents out there? If so, please direct.

Vcv rack

• Great stuff here. Anyone have a recommended YouTube playlist for learning this magic?

• Thank you @burns_audio !!!

Anybody try running the Spectrum stuff on iPhone? Shows up and seems to run fine on iPad but not iPhone.

• @burns_audio said:

@Carnbot said:
    Wow, this is so deep, just what you can do with Granular (clouds) alone is awesome. :)

Try mapping "pad gate" to "freeze" in the modulation matrix, and then set pad x/y to various other parameters

Thanks for the tip!

However, I was unable to figure out how to map "Pad Gate" to "Freeze". Did I somehow miss that in the manual that came with the app?

• @oat_phipps said:
    These are amazing. Are there desktop equivalents out there? If so, please direct.

I don't doubt you, but what is mostly your personal area of amazement herein etc?

• @GovernorSilver said:

@burns_audio said:

@Carnbot said:
    Wow, this is so deep, just what you can do with Granular (clouds) alone is awesome. :)

Try mapping "pad gate" to "freeze" in the modulation matrix, and then set pad x/y to various other parameters

Thanks for the tip!

However, I was unable to figure out how to map "Pad Gate" to "Freeze". Did I somehow miss that in the manual that came with the app?

go to the matrix page. each rule computes (input 1) * (input 2) * (depth) and adds it to (output).

So set (input 1) to "Pad gate", keep (input 2) as "direct" which just has a value of 1.0, set Depth high, and set output to "freeze". Now when you touch the pad, the audio sample will freeze

• All ok on my iPhone 6 :smiley:
    My air 1 too :grin: > @GovernorSilver said:

Thank you @burns_audio !!!

Anybody try running the Spectrum stuff on iPhone? Shows up and seems to run fine on iPad but not iPhone.

• @GovernorSilver said:

Is your iPhone up-to-date? There’s an issue with the initial release so it only runs on 12.2 or higher (it’s running in my iPhone 6s with 12.3.1

• @aplourde said:

@GovernorSilver said:

Is your iPhone up-to-date? There’s an issue with the initial release so it only runs on 12.2 or higher (it’s running in my iPhone 6s with 12.3.1

Ah, this explains a lot. Thanks. Great sounding apps! Thank you, @burns_audio !

• edited July 2019

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@oat_phipps said:

I don't doubt you, but what is mostly your personal area of amazement herein etc?

The Spectrum synth and the Granular module (orginally called 'Clouds' I guess). The synth sounds great, and the granular has an incredible freeze mode. Plenty of models for the synth, including analog/wavetable/FM and extending to string, interesting noise models, and even kick/snare/hihat modes.

What makes them so great is they give the most instant of immediate gratifications. Load one up and twist one knob and be impressed at how good you are at completely transforming the sound. Then multiply this when you start twisting more knobs or use a number of apeMatrix LFOs.

A real contender for app of the year in my book. Along with K7D and Modley so far.

• @reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

Vcv rack

Oooh boy. That looks like a wormhole waiting to happen....

• It sure is!

• edited July 2019

@wim

12.1.1. On the ipad air 1 (the older ipad)

edit: I just saw the message where it runs on 12.2 and up.

Thanks! I'm gonna just update.

Pat

@wim said:

@paradiddle said:
    @burns_audio

Many thanks for theses gems. They work fine on my iphone 7plus however they don’t show up at all on my ipad air 1. The app installed ok but no instruments or fx au. Checked in aum, audiobus and cubasis. Anybody report this?

What iOS version? There was a little mixup on which versions the app supports. Fix on the way if I remember correctly.

• Yeah, these apps are brilliant for sound design, just the kind of thing I’m looking for right now.

I can confirm that the automation issue is also in apeMatrix when using multiple instances....looking forward to full automation as this sounds so good when everything is modulating :)

• @oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

Vcv rack

I need to get back to vcv rack, but I'd love these as individual vsts as well.

• @burns_audio said:

@GovernorSilver said:

@burns_audio said:

@Carnbot said:

Thanks for the tip!

go to the matrix page. each rule computes (input 1) * (input 2) * (depth) and adds it to (output).

So set (input 1) to "Pad gate", keep (input 2) as "direct" which just has a value of 1.0, set Depth high, and set output to "freeze". Now when you touch the pad, the audio sample will freeze

Thanks! Works great on iPhone (yes I got it running on iPhone after fixing my "user error"), with Granular Mode set to Granular. Mode=Spectral seems trickier but I started reading the website you linked that describes Spectral Processor. Will try again with Spectral on iPad later. The XY pad on the "Granular" tab of Granular sometimes responds to my finger, and sometimes my finger causes the whole Granular window to move about in AUM - might be a limitation of the iPhone's relatively small screen size.

• Hi @burns_audio, on the page with the cc mappings, resonator has cc15 and cc16 used twice. Typo?

• @oat_phipps said:

@reasOne said:

@oat_phipps said:

Vcv rack

It's definitely a trap! Free tho lol

• @burns_audio I have one suggestion for you.

The Beatball Metronome app had a "Coffee for Dmitry" entry in the Store section, before he added Pro IAP. How about adding a "Coffee for Burns" or something so at least some of us can express a bit of extra support for your work.

• So is one of these "clouds" ?
    I only get granular showing up as an auv3 effect...

• @reasOne said:
    So is one of these "clouds" ?

Granular is clouds ☁️ 🙂

• @reasOne said:

Granular is clouds ☁️ 🙂

“Clouds is a granular audio processor. It creates textures and soundscapes by combining multiple overlapping, delayed, transposed and enveloped segments of sound taken from an audio recording buffer.“ https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/clouds/manual/

Yep, makes sense it is only an effect, only processing incoming audio.

• edited July 2019

I’ve been reading the commentary, and these look fabulous. “Purchased”!

Tried Granular...

Oooooooo...... [wide eyes]!

• @GovernorSilver said:
    @burns_audio I have one suggestion for you.

The Beatball Metronome app had a "Coffee for Dmitry" entry in the Store section, before he added Pro IAP. How about adding a "Coffee for Burns" or something so at least some of us can express a bit of extra support for your work.

you can do it by purchasing this App:
    Synth Modes by Thomas Burns
    https://apps.apple.com/sk/app/synth-modes/id1445358435

i did ;)

• @[Deleted User] said:

@reasOne said:

Granular is clouds ☁️ 🙂

😂 well then that makes perfect sense lol

• @dendy said:

@GovernorSilver said:
    @burns_audio I have one suggestion for you.

you can do it by purchasing this App:
    Synth Modes by Thomas Burns
    https://apps.apple.com/sk/app/synth-modes/id1445358435

i did ;)

But if he adds the coffee option, he has another income stream.