Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Free AUv3 ports of Mutable Instruments eurorack modules

Comments

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @burns_audio

Thanks for a fab set of modules. Granular however is only showing in apeMatrix with no sound.

No other DAW or AUM that accepts AU units is currently showing up the Granular AU, the other modules are showing. Using latest iOS not beta iPad Pro 9.7 2016.

Did you try granular as an effect ?

• edited July 2019

Yes i’m having the same prob. However I have a bigger phone, the issue is only a prob when using with the onscreen keyboard.

Anyways fantastic release!

@skiphunt said:
    @burns_audio just noticed that on this small iPhone SE screen that I can 2-finger scroll around the window to see all the controls on the Matrix page, but the 2-finger scroll doesn’t work when on the Spectrum, amp, modulation pages.

Not saying it really needs to work on such a small screen, but it’d at least be doable on a small screen if the 2-finger scroll worked on the other pages too.

• For all others like me, who are wondering why Granular is missing in AUM, is it because Granular is solely an effect with the others being instruments..?

Going to go and give myself a kick up the backside.

• @[Deleted User] Cheers my mistake all showing now.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @[Deleted User] Cheers my mistake all showing now.

👍 Granular is fricken awesome too!

• @[Deleted User] said:
    .> @wim said:

A very small feature request ... double-tap to return to default value, such as on the detune control.

If you double tap on the parameter text it will 👍🌈

Sweet!

• edited July 2019

@Jumpercollins said:
    No other DAW or AUM that accepts AU units is currently showing up the Granular AU, the other modules are showing. Using latest iOS not beta iPad Pro 9.7 2016.

Granular is FX not instrument... It is in AUM and all other DAWs listed as AUfx ;)

• edited July 2019

@wim said:
    A very small feature request ... double-tap to return to default value in a few places where it makes sense, such as on the detune control.
    @[Deleted User] said:
    If you double tap on the parameter text it will 👍🌈

wow cool thanks !!

• @burns_audio

Possible bug:
    When multiple instances of the same plugin opened (AUM), knobs on the last loaded instance will be overwritten by knob tweaking on any previously loaded instance. Doesn't affect sound, only UI.
    Air2 12.2

• Epic! Viva iPad, Audiobus, AUM etc
    The savy/connouser /poor mans eurorack
    Mutable Instruments,
    May your modules sell well!

• Only had a quick play with single instances in AUM, but working great here.

Lovely sounds, thanks @burns_audio :)

• RJBRJB
    edited July 2019

@Sinthemau said:

@aplourde said:

@Samu said:

@Sinthemau said:

Me, the same here...

No way to have Spectrum visible anywhere in Cubasis or AB3.

Tryed reinstall 3 times with no luck. If I tap Spectrum Icon it shows the page with info but nothing more in hosts :-(

Running iPAD 6 32 Gb with iOS 12.1

Any turnaround??? Thanks

If you’re already on iOS12.1 then an update to iOS12.3.1 might do the trick...

Yes, that’s what worked for me.

Ok, so it's seems only related to a single iOS version...weird. Anyway got it. Thanks both for the reply

Don’t think so, I’m running the latest IOS but still no Granular

Edit: Granular is I the effects slot, all good here- carry on

• edited July 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

That's odd, whats your device setup?

ipad pro 10.5, ios 11.4.1 , 512gb...
    and before anyone else suggests updating ios make sure you have the keys to Marcos Alonso’s Apple Handcuff’s and can get him to fix the Samplr audio input sampling in 12 and beyond first.. it’s a no go otherwise...

Ironically it’s the ‘Pro’ iPads that have issues since sampling with Samplr works perfectly on the iPad Air 2 running iOS12.3.1...

iOS13 is around the corner so ‘legacy apps’ are better off on older devices anyway.

I don’t have issues with recording Into Samplr in Audiobus in iOS 12 on my pro 12.9 so that’s working (for me anyway)

oh... that sounds promising ... The Issue is also slightly bound up in the fact that my live setup I rely upon, is the only time I really do “Live” live sampling and in that instance I am using 2 ipads with GuitarJack2 soundcards, great little things for quality stereo in and out .. but they are 32pin (pre lightning!! 🦕 ) devices both using apples 32pin to lightning adapters.. i’m surprised they still operate so nicely.. but being slightly obscure means it’s hard to find guineapigs that have bitten the bullet and tested in upgrades..
    can I ask which ios12 you are on and what soundcard you get yr audio in through?
    I’m getting a sneaking feeling that I am going to have to empty the £2 coin jar and find the rest of the payola to get another ipad purely for home production when this ipadIOS properly comes into being and the dust settles..

• @MonzoPro said:
    Only had a quick play with single instances in AUM, but working great here.

i feel like the slighly younger urchin on the street that’s been called in to go to bed... and is sat wide awake on the windowsill looking out at the older rogues still playing ‘Cunk Stick’ behind the garages..

• @RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@Samu said:

@RockySmalls said:

@Carnbot said:

@RockySmalls said:

That's odd, whats your device setup?

ipad pro 10.5, ios 11.4.1 , 512gb...
    and before anyone else suggests updating ios make sure you have the keys to Marcos Alonso’s Apple Handcuff’s and can get him to fix the Samplr audio input sampling in 12 and beyond first.. it’s a no go otherwise...

Ironically it’s the ‘Pro’ iPads that have issues since sampling with Samplr works perfectly on the iPad Air 2 running iOS12.3.1...

iOS13 is around the corner so ‘legacy apps’ are better off on older devices anyway.

I don’t have issues with recording Into Samplr in Audiobus in iOS 12 on my pro 12.9 so that’s working (for me anyway)

oh... that sounds promising ... The Issue is also slightly bound up in the fact that my live setup I rely upon, is the only time I really do “Live” live sampling and in that instance I am using 2 ipads with GuitarJack2 soundcards, great little things for quality stereo in and out .. but they are 32pin (pre lightning!! 🦕 ) devices both using apples 32pin to lightning adapters.. i’m surprised they still operate so nicely.. but being slightly obscure means it’s hard to find guineapigs that have bitten the bullet and tested in upgrades..
    can I ask which ios12 you are on and what soundcard you get yr audio in through?
    I’m getting a sneaking feeling that I am going to have to empty the £2 coin jar and find the rest of the payola to get another ipad purely for home production when this ipadIOS properly comes into being and the dust settles..

yeah understandable not updating when you're relying on it :)
    latest ios 12.3.1 tested earlier, just sampled in some of these Spectrum synths via Audiobus 3. Didn't check with a soundcard but should work via Audiobus the same way, I use iconnectAudio4.

• Whoa these are great sounding. And that freeze in Granular...

• Hey @burns_audio, could you possibly add the Appstore link to the original post? Just spent ten minutes hunting through this thread for it, and - as usual - the Appstore search doesn't seem to work ('burns' results in iMovie, because it contains the Ken Burns effect).

• @burns_audio said:
    Oh I think I figured out the missing audio units issue. Dumb mistake on my part, minimum iOS version on the extensions was 12.2 and the app was 11.0. Submitting a new build to the app store now, upgrading to iOS 12.2 should work in the meantime.

fingers crossed!
    looking forward to getting into these ... even with automation bugs these are still absolutely my flavour of ‘cunk stick’ :)

• @oat_phipps said:
    Whoa these are great sounding. And that freeze in Granular...

Play with the pitch when frozen. :)

• edited July 2019

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

i feel like the slighly younger urchin on the street that’s been called in to go to bed... and is sat wide awake on the windowsill looking out at the older rogues still playing ‘Cunk Stick’ behind the garages..

It’s Friday night and everywhere you look there’s buildings full of people doing it. They’re all doing it and doing it and stopping and having a fag and then doing it some more...

Do you want me to test a line-in to Samplr Mr Smalls? I could try and record something awful into my Air 2 iOS 12 via my iRig dangle. I’ll do it in the morrig when I’m sober mind, otherwise I might slip and twist something unexpected.

• edited July 2019

@RockySmalls said:
    even with automation bugs these are still absolutely my flavour of ‘cunk stick’ :)

I think I figured out all the automation bugs, working on a fix, hopefully will have it done tonight.

Turns out global variables is a terrible idea because the audio units are NOT all in separate processes, oops

• They sound fantastic , thank you.

• DCJDCJ
    edited July 2019

@wim said:
    A very small feature request ... double-tap to return to default value in a few places where it makes sense, such as on the detune control.

Yes pretty please!

edit: I see this is possible. Carry on.

• @burns_audio said:

@RockySmalls said:
    even with automation bugs these are still absolutely my flavour of ‘cunk stick’ :)

I think I figured out all the automation bugs, working on a fix, hopefully will have it done tonight.

Turns out global variables is a terrible idea because the audio units are NOT all in separate processes, oops

Great job, glad you were able to track down the fix so quickly.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

It’s Friday night and everywhere you look there’s buildings full of people doing it. They’re all doing it and doing it and stopping and having a fag and then doing it some more...

Do you want me to test a line-in to Samplr Mr Smalls? I could try and record something awful into my Air 2 iOS 12 via my iRig dangle. I’ll do it in the morrig when I’m sober mind, otherwise I might slip and twist something unexpected.

if you don’t break something doing the ‘iRig Dangle’ then a particularly rowdy friday night game of Cunk Stick will get you anyways... there’s always a hernia waiting around the ios update bend to look forward to.. I’d get a sick note from my GP ... if I was gainfully employed at all..
    but yes, any “works here” info is encouraging... I might just be all Bill Nelson and ‘out of touch’ .. Mr Alonso might have fixed it from the ios end,,, being an insider now and all that..

• edited July 2019

Oo can't stop listening to beautiful Spectrum sounds :) And it works perfectly with FX's, after you start apply ovedrive, delays, reverb - damn this is sooo much amazing...

3 instances of Spectrum

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

Wow, that took me back in time. :)

Congrats on the release @burns_audio!

• @dendy said:
    Oo can't stop listening to beautiful Spectrum sounds :) And it works perfectly with FX's, after you start apply ovedrive, delays, reverb - damn this is sooo much amazing...

3 instances of Spectrum

Lovely stuff mate. I'm honestly finding these ports more interesting than when I had Rings & Clouds in euro.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:

also... it’s still thursday night here (just) on this side of Offa’s Dyke look you... don’t neglect to get the kiddie up for school in the morning .. unless by a strange sheepshead-helmet, wicker man & virgin’s entrails method you actually have achieved some kind of druidic timeslip over there.