Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Magic Deatheye AUv3 Compressor by DDMF

Another Pro Quality App From DDMF, expensive though, but very good.

Comments

• In case you missed it... a new DDMF Compressor has shipped for folks that want to Master like the Pro's.
    It's a software re-creation of a compressor that sells for $7,000 a pair used. Scarcity and special attention to detail with hand-wired transformers by a Capitol Records recording engineer makes it a coveted piece of equipment and you need 2 for stereo.

Not a huge market for IOS users so it's $25 to re-coup the effort to develop it. It sells for $99 on the desktop where the pro's usually do mastering. It's a nice gesture for DDMF to even offer an IOS product, IMHO. These DDMF apps are subtle and modeled on real pro hardware and not overly flashy like the FX'es we rush to buy like Bleass, etc.

Trivia: The DDMF name was chosen for "DocDude Musical Factory" since the developer has a PhD in Physics and wrote code to model the behavior of Atoms and Electrons before turning his focus on musical products. Physicists like to use software to model experiments before they build Billion Dollar Atom smashers. DDMF flipped the paradigm to duplicate the sonic behavior of priceless studio hardware for pennies on the dollar.

People like to point out the lameness of the GUI's (based on photo-realistic image of the actual hardware) and the developer's website as looking like the 1990's internet but the emphasis is on making really clean sounding audio processing code which means you probably need great monitors to get the benefit. So, be an audio snob and pay for the best tools if you want to make great sounding tracks.

And Listen to the "Mastering Show" podcast.

• edited June 2019

@McD said:
    In case you missed it... a new DDMF Compressor has shipped for folks that want to Master like the Pro's.
    It's a software re-creation of a compressor that sells for $7,000 a pair used. Scarcity and special attention to detail with hand-wired transformers by a Capitol Records recording engineer makes it a coveted piece of equipment and you need 2 for stereo.

Not a huge market for IOS users so it's $25 to re-coup the effort to develop it. It sells for $99 on the desktop where the pro's usually do mastering. It's a nice gesture for DDMF to even offer an IOS product, IMHO. These DDMF apps are subtle and modeled on real pro hardware and not overly flashy like the FX'es we rush to buy like Bleass, etc.

Trivia: The DDMF name was chosen for "DocDude Musical Factory" since the developer has a PhD in Physics and wrote code to model the behavior of Atoms and Electrons before turning his focus on musical products. Physicists like to use software to model experiments before they build Billion Dollar Atom smashers. DDMF flipped the paradigm to duplicate the sonic behavior of priceless studio hardware for pennies on the dollar.

People like to point out the lameness of the GUI's (based on photo-realistic image of the actual hardware) and the developer's website as looking like the 1990's internet but the emphasis is on making really clean sounding audio processing code which means you probably need great monitors to get the benefit. So, be an audio snob and pay for the best tools if you want to make great sounding tracks.

And Listen to the "Mastering Show" podcast.

Nice breakdown of an incredible win for the iOS music making community! Waves, UAD and other vintage hardware based plugin companies for the most part seem to not be with the times, with iOS, so I’m grateful we have someone stepping up. The direct 99$ for desktop 25$ for iOS price points also is a testament to how fortunate we are

• edited June 2019

I tried out the demo on the desktop (well, am still trying it out). The desktop version sells for $99. I have to say - it's very good for the money. It does just slightly "scoop" some midrange, so keep that in mind. Maybe the iOS version doesn't. The PC version is also missing a few features that seem like they should've been in v1, like a mix knob, and a less-tiny output knob, a controllable side-chain filter, etc.

I'm tempted, but will likely wait until it's on sale. I already have purchased the following compressors on my PC: Klanghelm MJUC (which is the same kind of compressor but is less transparent), Fabfilter Pro-C2 & Pro-MB, Softube Summit Grand Channel, PSP FETpressor, bx_Townhouse Buss Compressor, and then the free Tokyo Dawn Kotelnikov. I feel pretty well covered on total number as well as compressor type, though I wouldn't mind eventually getting another one (like DeathEye or SPL Iron) or two (add on a bx SSL or wait until Cytomic Glue 2).

If the iOS version is as good as the desktop, I'd wager it's the best non-VCA compressor on the platform with very high confidence of winning that bet.

• I like it. Worth it to me