Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Griffin Audio Splitter Cable for Algoriddim djay - Question mono/stereo output?

The Griffin Cable is recommended by Algoriddim as it allows pre cueing and main output. Not sure though if the Main Output would be mono only?
Any tips - or info on Stereo output splitter cables
Thanks in advance

Comments

  • It’s stereo same as the output from the laptop. Also, I used the Traktor split cable and it works great and is way cheaper.

  • I am a bit confused here. If you want pre-cue and main out, yes it would need to be Mono main output in this type of setup. And the splitter would need to be a L-R splitter not a stereo splitter. This griffin splitter in your screenshot is a stereo splitter and it would not allow you to pre-cue because it sends both L-R channels to each split.

  • edited June 5

    @DCJ said:
    It’s stereo same as the output from the laptop. Also, I used the Traktor split cable and it works great and is way cheaper.

    @DCJ cheers for info. So are each of the two outs Stereo Outs ..or mono per each of the 2 Outs. Also does the Traktor one work with Algoriddim Djay..I guess it does but double checking.

  • @Hmtx said:
    I am a bit confused here. If you want pre-cue and main out, yes it would need to be Mono main output in this type of setup. And the splitter would need to be a L-R splitter not a stereo splitter. This griffin splitter in your screenshot is a stereo splitter and it would not allow you to pre-cue because it sends both L-R channels to each split.

    @Hmtx I need you to be sure :-) iam joking. Basically if I play a track to the output will the Stereo track loose either the left or right signal or do each of the outs pre cue & main out carry a stereo signal.

  • edited June 5

    hmm, well physical limits of a stereo headphone jack are pretty sure so I’m just going off that. The only way a pre-cue / Main output setup can work over 3.5mm headphone output is when you are running in Mono. The DJ app send the pre-cue track to left and the main out to Right. (Or vis-a-versa)

    Of course, If you want stereo you can do it on iOS but you need a USB audio interface that can output 4 lanes of audio so you have L-R for house and a separate L-R for your headphones and pre-cue. And your DJ app will need to be able to handle the routing and setup.

  • edited June 5

    @stormbeats said:
    ...do each of the outs pre cue & main out carry a stereo signal.

    Nope.

    @Hmtx is right. For dual stereo you'll need an external audio interface.

    https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014911991-Preview-a-song-through-headphones-Pre-Cueing-

    https://help.algoriddim.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014703112-Pre-cueing-with-external-audio-devices

  • Well I guess I’m just hearing everything completely wrong in my setup! Ignore me. :)

  • Yeah, I have the official dJay splitter cable from years ago and that's stereo to dual mono as well. A major downside of these types of splitters, but unavoidable given what they are doing.

  • @DCJ said:
    Well I guess I’m just hearing everything completely wrong in my setup! Ignore me. :)

    Maybe not. A stereo splitter cable can connect two stereo destinations, but to have a separate cueing channel in stereo you'll need an extra audio interface.

  • Cheers everyone Gonna try a 4 lane audio soundcard. Really getting into this iOS DJ stuff. My MAC messed up at a gig last week. Had my ipad as backup and managed to do a good gig. Powerful stuff indeed.

  • @Hmtx said:
    hmm, well physical limits of a stereo headphone jack are pretty sure so I’m just going off that. The only way a pre-cue / Main output setup can work over 3.5mm headphone output is when you are running in Mono. The DJ app send the pre-cue track to left and the main out to Right. (Or vis-a-versa)

    Of course, If you want stereo you can do it on iOS but you need a USB audio interface that can output 4 lanes of audio so you have L-R for house and a separate L-R for your headphones and pre-cue. And your DJ app will need to be able to handle the routing and setup.

    @Hmtx cheers for all the above info.

  • No worries.
    by the way if your DJ app works in Audiobus 3 as an IAA source then you might actually be able to get by with a standard stereo interface with only 2 outputs. Audiobus 3 can create multi-routing so separate outputs (hint: your pre-cue) can be sent to the headphone jack while the USB interface is used for the main stereo out. That might be worth a try if you have a 2-channel interface. I’ve never used this feature but it might be possible.

  • @Hmtx said:
    No worries.
    by the way if your DJ app works in Audiobus 3 as an IAA source then you might actually be able to get by with a standard stereo interface with only 2 outputs. Audiobus 3 can create multi-routing so separate outputs (hint: your pre-cue) can be sent to the headphone jack while the USB interface is used for the main stereo out. That might be worth a try if you have a 2-channel interface. I’ve never used this feature but it might be possible.

    @Hmtx will try this thanks again :)

Sign In or Register to comment.