Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Was virtual ANS worth updating to the new version 3?

I do like the extended drawing options and would love to hear from anyone who has spent some time with the update.

Thank you!

Comments

• The Polyphonic Synth option alone is worth it if you ask me.

I didn't have the previous iOS version but I did have it on my Mac.

After giving the Mac version a spin and seeing @thesoundtestroom play around with it in a live-stream I gave in today and bought it.

'Painting the Spectrum' feels more intuitive on the iPad than using a mouse on a computer...
    (I'm one of those crazy people who prefer to use touch in favour of a mouse).

• @Samu said:
    The Polyphonic Synth option alone is worth it if you ask me.

I didn't have the previous iOS version but I did have it on my Mac.

After giving the Mac version a spin and seeing @thesoundtestroom play around with it in a live-stream I gave in today and bought it.

'Painting the Spectrum' feels more intuitive on the iPad than using a mouse on a computer...

Thank you! Just what I was hoping to find out!

• It's a fantastic update, I like it way more than the original and it's very deep after you realise the potential. :)

@Samu said:
    The Polyphonic Synth option alone is worth it if you ask me.

Sounds like you need a PC, it's just as good on Windows :)
    (although it's not a vst yet, just standalone I think.)

But it is useful to be able to transfer instruments over from the desktop. I love the seamless cross platform nature of this developers apps, which is why SunVox is going to be my most used iOS DAW when the AU is released. :)

• @Carnbot said:

But it is useful to be able to transfer instruments over from the desktop. I love the seamless cross platform nature of this developers apps, which is why SunVox is going to be my most used iOS DAW when the AU is released. :)

Yeah, I just wish there was a bit smoother way to access files from an AUv3 instance.

Accessing the folders via Files.app is pretty smooth but the transfer to the AUv3 instance is a bit 'quirky' requiring one to enable wifi-server and then launch Safari in slide over view, select files from a folder and 'upload' or 'download' to put them in the stand alone apps file structure.

So those on iOS13 'beta' should pressure Apple to allow AUv3s to directly access the 'plug-in bundles' documents folder.
    This way the 'sync' between the AUv3 and Stand-Alone would be transparent.

But yean SunVox AUv3 will be a blast regardless :)
    (I do feel it will be a 'new' app just like ANS so I'll save some store credits for later).

• @Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

So those on iOS13 'beta' should pressure Apple to allow AUv3s to directly access the 'plug-in bundles' documents folder.
    This way the 'sync' between the AUv3 and Stand-Alone would be transparent.

But yean SunVox AUv3 will be a blast regardless :)
    (I do feel it will be a 'new' app just like ANS so I'll save some store credits for later).

Yeah I'm sure we'll see more improvements with file interactions ongoing.
    I think because the desktop versions are free then it's justified to release as a new app in this case.
    I only paid £2.29 for the original which was very cheap :)

• @Carnbot said:

I think because the desktop versions are free then it's justified to release as a new app in this case.

...paid a bit more back in the days but it's well worth it!
    I guess the new version of SunVox will inherit the same 'improved' Graphics Style present in Virtual ANS 3 :)

• edited June 2019

@Samu said:

@Carnbot said:

...paid a bit more back in the days but it's well worth it!
    I guess the new version of SunVox will inherit the same 'improved' Graphics Style present in Virtual ANS 3 :)

I can see it's higher resolution than ANS2 but are there any other differences?

• edited June 2019

@Samu I’m so happy you showed at the Stream last night, and I now know how to get photos and wave files in there and build up multi layers and mix them, I’ll have to do another stream

• @thesoundtestroom said:
    @Samu I’m so happy you showed at the Stream last night, and I now know how to get photos and wave files in there and build up multi layers and mix them, I’ll have to do another stream

Cool!

The same import method also applies to SunVox to easily create layered sampler instruments (add a few 'samplers' and trigger them using a multi-synth module). But save that for the day when SunVox gos AUv3 :D