Audiobus: Your virtual music studio.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Help me find (something like) NS 1's Eden for OSX
I'm looking for a super simple "virtual analog" style AU instrument (for OSX) that supports using a sample as an oscillator.
I'm using Logic X for the first time in years and man, the built-in instruments are totally confounding me. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm 1) old and 2) trying to use these on an 11" MacBook Air so I can't a damn thing on something like EXS-24.
1. Sample as oscillator. Don't need multi-sampling, time-stretch or anything advanced. Just the ability to loop and play chromatically (faster when played higher is a-ok). I guess basic sample 'root note' tuning is implied here.
2. Subtractive analog style other bits. LP Filter, 1-2 Env, 1-2 LFOs...
1. Easy to see with older-than-I-want-to-admit eyes.
2. Free (this is just a bonus—willing to buy something)
3. As few as possible other features.
A little context... not really looking for something that will actually end up in finished recordings. The purpose is to sample synth sounds from multi-track live synth jams with a buddy to arrange the jams into something more like songs. So, sample some sound from some track, recreate and develop the recorded audio part as MIDI (pointed at the sample) and then later go back and use the original sound to record the entire newly-arranged part live.
So, yeah, Eden.
I'm also willing to be slapped with a glove that says some variation of "Just learn EXS-24, ninny".
PS. I could run Nanostudio 1 in the background but that's not going to work for this project.