Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Death of the Sun / Virtual ANS3

Ambient track showing off the most excellent Virtual ANS3

Comments

• I'm always curious what's in the soup: What additional FX and Apps did you use to make this track?
    I hear a lot of reverb and delay... are included in the product or added using AUM, AudioBus or a DAW?

• This is really great sounding man

• Sonically, I think "Virtual ANS3" shares a lot of qualities that SpaceCraft Granular offers and the other Granular Synths.

Maybe some of our synthesis historians will weigh in with their thoughts and comments on the sounds it makes or clues to it's computational techniques for turning images into sounds. I have a hard time mentally reversing the process... maybe synesthesia helps. Is there an app for that?

• @McD said:
    I'm always curious what's in the soup: What additional FX and Apps did you use to make this track?
    I hear a lot of reverb and delay... are included in the product or added using AUM, AudioBus or a DAW?

Yeah I used K7D, BLEASS reverb, 4pockets ShimmerFX & zero reverb. I would probably have added the fx that are in ANS3 at the time , if I had known they were there! Doh!

• @reasOne said:
    This is really great sounding man

Thank you much appreciated

• @barabajagal said:

@McD said:
    I'm always curious what's in the soup: What additional FX and Apps did you use to make this track?

Yeah I used K7D, BLEASS reverb, 4pockets ShimmerFX & zero reverb. I would probably have added the fx that are in ANS3 at the time , if I had known they were there! Doh!

Thanks... I' glad to know I have all of these except Virtual ANS3. I think most of these FX were introduced in the last 3-4 months except Zero Reverb which was recently offered for $0 and it's worth 100 times that amount or about $4 (the act of downloading costs $0.04).

I hope we hear more examples of this app uploaded. Maybe even a "naked" project that shows what it can do without extras. I was curious if it had any FX'es. I should read the iTunes description.

• @McD said:
    Sonically, I think "Virtual ANS3" shares a lot of qualities that SpaceCraft Granular offers and the other Granular Synths.

Maybe some of our synthesis historians will weigh in with their thoughts and comments on the sounds it makes or clues to it's computational techniques for turning images into sounds. I have a hard time mentally reversing the process... maybe synesthesia helps. Is there an app for that?

@McD : To my ears, Virtual ANS has the sonically of additive synth engines (conventional additive synthesis where sine waves of different frequencies get added together) like UPIC and MetaSynth (whose Image Synth is pretty mindblowing).

@barabajagal : Really nice piece!

• >

@barabajagal : Really nice piece!

Thanks, only scratched surface of this one.... more to come hopefully

• Nice track. It has an epic Vangelis feel.

• Awesome track!

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Nice track. It has an epic Vangelis feel.

@senhorlampada said:
    Awesome track!

Thanks

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Nice track. It has an epic Vangelis feel.

@senhorlampada said:
    Awesome track!

Thanks

• Very engaging. How long did this take you if I may ask?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Very engaging. How long did this take you if I may ask?

Not long at all for me. I usually agonise over tracks but this one I started as soon as I bought ANS3 and it just seemed to flow out. Uploaded it about 36 hours later.