Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Desperately In Need of Cubasis Help - Cannot Get Insert Effects To Turn Off Even In New Project

Like the title says, I cannot get an old project's insert effects to not show up (sound-wise I mean; they're not inserted anywhere. It's like they're audible ghosts.) in every single Cubasis project I start. Klevgrand DAW LP and DAW Cassette were inserted in a project a few months ago and turned to extreme settings. Now every time I start a blank project and add audio tracks it sounds like my grandparents' hi-fi. I tried deleting all three of the apps and reinstalling and still it did not help. As of right now Cubasis is unusable for me and I'm pulling my hair out. Any and all suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• edited June 2019

Contact @LFS from Steinberg. He should be able to help. If you have backups for your projects you might reinstall Cubasis. Also did you try deleting the 3 apps without reinstalling?

• I didn't try deleting and not reinstalling, no. It's a problem that only seems to happen with Cubasis. I can rum AUM just fine and it doesn't affect Garageband either. Just Cubasis, and every time I run it, sadly. I contacted Lars and he suggested a reset and opening it with a blank project, but that unfortunately didn't work either. Maybe Klevgrand knows something and can help. I contacted them and am awaiting a response. I was also wondering as well if this has happened to anyone else at some point.

• edited June 2019

Some apps will do it more than others. In the effect slot ( insert or send) set it too none on each channel after you have closed the effect. Close cubasis and open and close the offending app. Repeat if necessary, that works for me.cubasis could be amazing but in its present form it is Still incomplete. I really hope they turn it around before I give up and go to Auria pro.

• I deleted the Klevgrand apps and again still hear it. I now believe it is perhaps one of the effects in one of the two FX packs or perhaps one of the included effects that is the culprit. Does anyone know if there any way I can fix this if so?

• Probably a dumb question, but I have to ask anyway. You mention having checked the track insert FX, but have you checked the Master channel FX?

• Not a dumb question at all, and thanks for thinking of it as well. I have indeed checked it. Nothing inserted, and I made sure to hit 'none' just to be sure. There is, however, a seemingly permanent Brickwall limiter stuck in there that I cannot edit at all, but even when it appears to be bypassed the sound doesn't change one bit.

• The brick wall limiter is intended to be there. It is in all project.

• This doesn’t sound like an FX issue. Next guess: could it be the audio rate of the audio files? Maybe try converting one of them to 16bit 44K if not already?

Are you using iPad speaker, headphones, Bluetooth, or an audio interface to listen? Also, if you mix down the project, then play back the mixdown, does it sound better?

• Try a force restart: Press and hold both the Side (or Top) button and the Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

Hi BirdBot,

Already replied to you in our Cubasis forum, with the suggestion to make use of the Cubasis reset feature located in the iOS settings.

This feature forces Cubasis to load with an empty project. Since this does not seem to have solved the issue, the problem seems to be related to something else but Cubasis.

As suggested by musikeer (Thanks!), please give it a try to fully restart your iPad.

Please keep us updated!

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited June 2019

Hi BirdBot,

Here are some more things to check...

(1) Quit and restart Cubasis
    Did you properly quit and restart Cubasis?
    This should be best, before performing the "reset" option in the iOS settings.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

(2) Quit other apps
    Please make sure to properly quit other apps that are running, which might create the problem.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

(3) Audio or video example & project
    If the problem persists, it would be helpful for us to have a short audio snippet or video about how the factory piano sounds. In addition, please provide us with the project, showing the problem.

(4) Re-installation
    If the problem persists, you've might give it a try to re-install Cubasis.
    Here, please make sure to have all your files and projects properly backed up, before deleting the Cubasis app!

Please keep us updated about your progress!

Best,
    Lars

• Problem solved! Thank you all, and thank you Lars for helping here and in the Cubasis forum. I really appreciate everyone taking time to help out. You guys are the best. I can't stress enough how relieved I am!

• @BirdBot said:
    Problem solved! Thank you all, and thank you Lars for helping here and in the Cubasis forum. I really appreciate everyone taking time to help out. You guys are the best. I can't stress enough how relieved I am!

What action solved the problem?

• Great to hear, our tips helped to solve the issue!
    Thanks for the update BirdBot!

Best,
    Lars