Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Focusrite iTrack Dock

12346»

Comments

• I can make Akai MPK mini work with the Focusrite iTrack dock after plugging in and out the usb cable from the Akai for more than 40 or 50 times.
    Once it connects it works even if i take off the iPad from the dock or disconnect the Akai. When i turn off the itrack i have to start all over again.

• Good news! My Elektron Analog Keys does work through the USB MIDI port after I've set everything up correctly.

Bad news, though - the Line In connection does something weird to the audio from my Elektron Analog Rytm. It's like it's muddying the drum sounds horribly. This is doubly weird because when plugging it into the instrument port instead, the sound is totally fine. Any ideas what could be causing this, folks? It's annoying because I want to record the Rytm audio into Cubasis or Auria, but would like the Instrument port to be reserved for my electric guitar.

• That's really too bad. I was ready to pull the trigger on one but there's just far too many anecdotes about inconsistencies with USB MIDI and random power dropouts. Guess I'll check out the Wej when that's out.

• anranr
    edited March 2015

I'd be curious if Michael found a way to fix his problem, that sounded a bit weird. Have you tried to plug something else in the channel that seemed to have an issue with the Elektron? Have you tried to get in touch with Focusrite support?

• Akai Mpk Mini is not compatible with Focusrite iTrack Dock even if y they say so on their website
    http://us.focusrite.com/ios-audio-interfaces/itrack-dock#multimedia

After trying everything with the Akai mpk mini 25 and without recieving any helpful response from focusrite i finally sold it as second hand even if it wasnt used. I bought the line 6 mobile keys 49 that works perfectly

• @estudioaurora many thanks for this. I've been following the keyboard compatibility or not issues with the iTrack for some time wondering whether to buy it or not. I have the Line 6 keyboard anyway and knowing it works ok means I am ready to purchase.

• I was disappointed to see that my M-Audio Keystation 88es didn't work at first with the iTrack. However, reading a tip from somebody earlier in the thread and knowing that my keyboard has a separate power input I took the chance and ordered a M-audio Midisport Uno interface. Plugged it all in and MIDI worked! Know we shouldn't have to but hey ho - hopefully this info helps somebody later on.

• @Murmur2k said:
    I was disappointed to see that my M-Audio Keystation 88es didn't work at first with the iTrack. However, reading a tip from somebody earlier in the thread and knowing that my keyboard has a separate power input I took the chance and ordered a M-audio Midisport Uno interface. Plugged it all in and MIDI worked! Know we shouldn't have to but hey ho - hopefully this info helps somebody later on.

I have the same keyboard. Do you just need an external power source? I have plenty of midi cables and don't want to buy another one.

• @sonatinas said:
    I have the same keyboard. Do you just need an external power source? I have plenty of midi cables and don't want to buy another one.

You need an external power source (9v DC) and the M-audio Midisport Uno which plugs into the MIDI port of the keyboard and connects to the iTrack via USB. It's not just a cable but an iTrack supported USB midi interface

• Has anyone had any luck with a USB hub and the iTrack - I've tried both powered and unpowered with no luck. If anyone can post a link to a USB that they have confirmed works that would be great.

I've got it working nicely with a USB to DIN lead to hook it into Cubase via a MIDI Interface and I've got the iPad working well with Launchpad and Launchkey MINI (not using the iTrack and taking the audio from the h/phone jack straight to the mixer). But the holy grail / nirvana set-up would be the whole lot connected up together through the iTrack with the three MIDI connections working nicely with a hub.

Thanks

• Hi,
    I'm new about this forum, I discover it searching for some answers about the possibilities to connect my iTrack Dock to more than one midi device.

After some exchanged email with the Focusrite support they told me that the interface accept only midi device in input so is impossible connect a simple USB Hub in order to connect two keyboards (for instance).
    But If I connect a Midi hub or Midi host device this should work.

After some searches I think that if I use a Kenton MIDI USB Host between the iTrack Dock and the UBS Hub is possible do this.

So

Midi device1 \
    ---- powered Usb hub ----- Usb cable ---- Kenton MIDI USB ---- Midi to Usb cable ----- iTrack
    Midi device2 /

Does anyone have experienced a connection like this or something of similar?
    Because the Kenton at the and is an expensive equipment and before buying I need to know if this configuration can really work or not.

I also saw people that use iConnecMidi, the first version that iConnectivity does not sell anymore.

So any help or suggestion is well appreciated.

thanks

• Hi,
    i have an itrack dock for about a year now, recording only through the audio in. I just got a MIDIPLUS AK490 USB/MIDI keyboard to try out the midi functions.
    I was told it works with the iTrackDock, but when i was at the store, they couldn't get it to work although they swore it used to; it powers up, but just couldn't send out any MIDI notes.
    I bought it anyhow and initially it didn't work as well on my setup with Cubasis. Then I started Audiobus and it worked! But when I rebooted everything, the keyboard stopped working again. So I tried out different permutations like switching to AC power on the keyboard, starting up the iTrack last etc, etc. Until finally I believe I got the right combination.
    Connect and power up everything, make sure the keyboard is powered up via USB or AC.
    Before launching Cubasis, hit any of the keys repeatedly, don't just hold down a key.
    After Cubasis has launched, continue hitting the keys for a few more seconds until you hear output.

I think the trick is to keep sending MIDI notes to the iTrack while the music app is launching.

Hope this helps anyone who's having trouble with their keyboard.

• Had MIDI problems with this myself. Oxygen 25; it works and is correctly detected but I get a lot of stuck notes. I've since given up and just run an interface with dedicated MIDI I/O. Bit disappointing though. Also sucks that you can only record two inputs at a time. Still a pretty cool piece of kit for the money but ultimately a little too limited. 5-pin MIDI would've been a nice addition really.

• edited July 2022

I also have the Dock. And I wonder how to connect it to the computer. So I guess, iPad/Dock -> ESI Midi Mate USB (have to buy one) -> iConnectMIDI (already here) -> MacBook would be it. Any concerns about this…?

• @Pummelfee said:
    I also have the Dock. And I wonder how to connect it to the computer. So I guess, iPad/Dock -> ESI Midi Mate USB (have to buy one) -> iConnectMIDI (already here) -> MacBook would be it. Any concerns about this…?

What are you trying to achieve with this? Communicate MIDI between iPad and MacBook?

Can you be sure the iTrack Dock will see the Midimate as a USB MIDI device?

Could you use Apple's IDAM (direct connection) for this?

Could you use the second USB port on the iConnectMIDI to interconnect iPad and MacBook directly?

• @uncledave said:

@Pummelfee said:

What are you trying to achieve with this? Communicate MIDI between iPad and MacBook?

>
    Playing the iPad Synths from Mac (Live), on different MIDI channels at once

Can you be sure the iTrack Dock will see the Midimate as a USB MIDI device?

>
    It seems so, one or two posts here are positive about it. Otherwise, the Roland UM-ONE mk2 is listed on Focusrite website as „working”.

Could you use Apple's IDAM (direct connection) for this?

i’d like to leave the iPad in the iTrack Dock, because i also use the iPad as effect for two mics.
    And i like the big volume knob on the Dock so i can adjust the master signal from everything thats playing in the iPad.

Could you use the second USB port on the iConnectMIDI to interconnect iPad and MacBook directly?

This is what i tried first, but no luck…